Schwarzenegger

Fathered

Out-of-Wedlock Baby

5/17/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a baby with a member of his household staff, and that is what sent Maria Shriver packing ... and right into the office of a powerful financial adviser to get her affairs in order to end her marriage, TMZ has learned.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Love Child
Sources say Maria was distraught after learning Arnold pulled a John Edwards. The baby mama worked for the family for two decades, retired and received a severance package, according to the L.A. Times.

The baby was born more than a decade ago, but until recently Maria thought the father was the woman's husband at the time.

Schwarzenegger told The Times, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

TMZ heard about the baby 5 days ago, but everyone in the Schwarzenegger camp was denying it.  But sources told us Maria was "completely distraught" yet determined to move on with her life.  She has not pulled the trigger to end her marriage on the legal side, but she has been working with a very powerful financial adviser who has been helping her position herself for a divorce.

We believe -- though have not confirmed -- there is a prenup, but the couple has been together so long the effectiveness of it is problematic.

UPDATE: Maria released a statement saying, "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children."

She continued, "I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

Politico Pablo

The truth can set you free, as well as wreck your life. Save the confessions for the priest, and not your wife.

J

This is nothing to be surprised about. Arnold is being Arnold. He's a charismatic player who will do whatever it takes to succeed.

Btw, some of those maids can be pretty sexy. I made sure not to *** inside though!

Atlantaguy

Those pesky Republican Governors! You gotta watch your back (door)!!

schoen1

I never understood why Maria married Arnold in the first place.

annette

So now it makes sence. Arnold ran for office to try and buy him some time with Maria. He knew that if Maria found out she would stay with him to avert a scandle while he was in office. I feel for her she is a class act and hope the best for her and the kids. I hope she goes back to broadcasting she was amazing. Have to say I feel sorry for the kids all of them.

Reggie

No wonder Calif went bankrupt! Arnie prolly gave away millions to the decade old kids mother to keep her silent!

dd

I think he should be investigated he may have been using public funds to keep her quiet for so long..Ensign did it in Nevada and he had to resign and is in BIG trouble now.

Rocco

I don't believe Maria just found out.

TMZ should publish the woman's name. Why hide the 'Fraud's' illegitimate love child's mother ?

TMZ dont like me

Man, Arnold is a sexual Tyrannosaurus. I bet the housekeeper was some hot Mexican mamacita. I know he was going to town on her phat booty...

Amber

White people! Inbred/Anorexia/Molestation/Rape/Cheating on your wife with your daughter..what a disgusting race! shame on you ugly wrinkly botox face injected bums!!!s*** of the earth

Snooki'sHairBump

Wow. This is surprising.

Not really...

canook

Rocco 3 minutes ago
I don't believe Maria just found out.

------------------------------------

could be
that the maid is Russian?
with connections to Pitr Listerman?

walax

Anything could happen

walax

I mean how bad can it be right?

mrspatrickcampbell

Arnold is a 'MO!!!!! and we have the verificatia!!!

Where is this 'child', btw?