Schwarzenegger

Fathered

Out-of-Wedlock Baby

5/17/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a baby with a member of his household staff, and that is what sent Maria Shriver packing ... and right into the office of a powerful financial adviser to get her affairs in order to end her marriage, TMZ has learned.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Love Child
Sources say Maria was distraught after learning Arnold pulled a John Edwards. The baby mama worked for the family for two decades, retired and received a severance package, according to the L.A. Times.

The baby was born more than a decade ago, but until recently Maria thought the father was the woman's husband at the time.

Schwarzenegger told The Times, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

TMZ heard about the baby 5 days ago, but everyone in the Schwarzenegger camp was denying it.  But sources told us Maria was "completely distraught" yet determined to move on with her life.  She has not pulled the trigger to end her marriage on the legal side, but she has been working with a very powerful financial adviser who has been helping her position herself for a divorce.

We believe -- though have not confirmed -- there is a prenup, but the couple has been together so long the effectiveness of it is problematic.

UPDATE: Maria released a statement saying, "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children."

She continued, "I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

gutsygirl

I predict that Maria will stay married to the guy. She comes from a family of long-suffering wives and her Catholicism is very important to her. Time will tell.

Col1

Meh, hes a human being, he made a mistake. He doesnt have an excuse for it but it was a mistake nonetheless. All they can do now is forgive him and move on. I still like Arnold regardless. Hes an inspiration to all weightlifters like myself.

Ronald Austin

Denise, what does Arnold's child with his maid have anything to do with Gay Marriage? Arnold was FOR gay marriage and Anti Prop 8 and bucked those who thought they were holier than thou in his own conservative party. Now who is acting holier than thou? Everyone here apparently. He's a guy. He screwed the maid and had a kid. Big deal. Get over it.

Real News

What is the big deal? So what! He got an affair and a baby. This is not public business. American people are so nosy. I really don't get it.

Chuck Feney

No big deal.
The rich and powerful have the divine right to roger the help if Mr. Happy needs a walk. Look at Mr. Strauss-Kahn.

The good news about being a maid who gets buggered by an Illuminati - you never have to vacuum another room if you play your cards right!

Ronald Austin

Yeah, right Chuck. The poor never knock women up out of wedlock or cheat on their wives.

Ronald Austin

Personally, he must have gone through hell with this. Imagine he screws the maid for whatever reason. Maybe a one time deal. Then she tells him she's decided to have the kid. This is someone who works IN HIS HOUSE and AROUND HIS WIFE every day. Every time she brings the kid he's got to be squirming that his wife will not notice the resemblance. Every day he has to be VERY VERY polite to the maid in his home that could rat him out and ruin his marriage and job in a second. I thought Arnold aged poorly in office, having been a fitness buff. The stress of this situation daily probably had much to do with it. I feel bad for everyone involved, but it's in the open now, not a big deal and hopefully everyone can move on.

Observer

Ronald Austin Said: Notice it's all women calling Arnold stupid names. I also think that it is quite a stand-up thing for him to do, admit his child and give that child acknowledgment of his true father, knowing the damage this is going to do to his reputation.

Arnold, I'm a guy and I'm calling him names.
Stand up thing??? R U Crazy? For 10 years this kid believes he's someone else son! He DENIED this kid for 10 years... The woman continued to work IN THE FAMILY HOME for 10 years... Arnolds children now find they have a step brother after 10 years...

Arnold is a PUNK, a WIMP, a CHEAT, a LIAR, a S***BAG, a NARCISSIST, a COWARD, a convicted murderer early release PUNK, he SCREWED the state of California financially.... This ass should be a SHUNNED by all of us for what he's done to this state, to his SO CALLED fans, to his WIFE, his CHILDREN, to his SON that he's LIED to for 10 years!

ketjo

For all you screaming for this man blood, remember this.....it takes two to tango.....yes he messed up...but there are lots and lots of women out there who are more then willing to crawl into bed with men in power....they are drawn to it...they go out after them doesn't matter that they are married they rationize it by saying he's unhappy with his wife, I can do better.I deserve what shes got....and frankly I don't know a man who won't take candy if it is offered up to him ,by someone stroking his ego....Yes Marie has a right to be upset, I frankly hope they can work it out...This was a decade ago, the child is ten yrs old do you really think as smart a Maria is she didn't have a clue ??
Men of that age as he was and is , go thru manapause, I know I went thru a semilar scenio as this, except without a child involved several years ago,and was seperated for a few yrs till we worked our problems out....Now we are working on 45 yrs of marriage....

butter

Good grief..some of the comments on here, I truly have to stretch my mind to try and figure out the connection with the comments to the article posted..but alas I fail.

I have to laugh at some of the pitiful defense people come up with..."a mistake"..yeah ok. One hell of a "mistake"
No I'm sorry, a mistake is a one night stand when drunk out of your mind. Yeah I would call that a mistake but to carry on an affair with someone in your household..fooling not only your wife. children, the woman's husband and to also deny the child he fathered his rightful parental figure...that's MISTAKE. No, what this is is sheer selfishness for only yourself..period.
The only reason he is coming out with this is because it was only a matter of time before it came out anyways.
Have I made mistakes, of course. But it is one thing to carry on something for years..total narcissism here.

bunny

Why was this news on Howard Stern before TMZ? Seriously. As Howard talked about this story, I thought I must have missed a TMZ entry but noooo, now it's posted. This should have broke here first.

rini6

Didn't they realize it was his when the kid suddenly started sprouted giant muscles and a German accent??

Truth

MARIA HAS MET THE KID. THE STAFF WHORE BROUGHT THE KID TO THE HOUSE MANY TIMES. NOTE MARIA "THOUGHT THE FATHER WAS THE WOMAN'S HUSBAND AT THE TIME". IF SO, THEN MARIA MISTAKENLY ALLOWED THE KID INTO THEIR HOUSE BECUZ EVERYONE KNEW SHE BELIEVED THE LIE.

TMZ GET ON THE PICS!! PICS OF THE KID AND THE STAFF WHORE, STAT.

the realist

LOL the Reich Wing will defend the Nazi to no end. Pure comedy.

dd

SLEEPING WITH THE MAID? U ruined California along with your marriage, what an egotistical JERK. Terminate urself Arnold u are a disgrace!