Schwarzenegger

Fathered

Out-of-Wedlock Baby

5/17/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a baby with a member of his household staff, and that is what sent Maria Shriver packing ... and right into the office of a powerful financial adviser to get her affairs in order to end her marriage, TMZ has learned.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Love Child
Sources say Maria was distraught after learning Arnold pulled a John Edwards. The baby mama worked for the family for two decades, retired and received a severance package, according to the L.A. Times.

The baby was born more than a decade ago, but until recently Maria thought the father was the woman's husband at the time.

Schwarzenegger told The Times, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

TMZ heard about the baby 5 days ago, but everyone in the Schwarzenegger camp was denying it.  But sources told us Maria was "completely distraught" yet determined to move on with her life.  She has not pulled the trigger to end her marriage on the legal side, but she has been working with a very powerful financial adviser who has been helping her position herself for a divorce.

We believe -- though have not confirmed -- there is a prenup, but the couple has been together so long the effectiveness of it is problematic.

UPDATE: Maria released a statement saying, "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children."

She continued, "I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

Sean

Nice going Arnold...you proved once again what a jerk you can be. No excuses this time.

David

What country is this jerk from?

two cents

What a piece of ****! Played her for a fool for over 10 years. I hope she takes him to the cleaners. It's always about the almighty pen!s. Arnold's a POS and I will NEVER watch another one of his movies (same as brad twitt).

Ronald Austin

Fact is, I used to run into Arnold in my neighborhood in Ocean Park since I was a kid. His Pumping Iron days. He was a player then. I think Maria knew EXACTLY whom she was marrying. It was never any secret. Why do we expect these people to be saints? I'd doubt he jumped his maid. As for the Kennedys, Ted should have been in jail for murder. Now there's a crime. Leave a woman to drown and try to cover it up. And then there's his nephew raping women in the Kennedy "compound". No reflection on Maria. She seems like a nice woman. But she's not naive. She married money, fame and power. She got all three and had to have knows this would happen and, yes, probably frequently.

penny

@KETJO-----------------You sound like a stupid, old fart.

char

i find it odd that given the savvy of the news media that it took them this long to break this story.i suspect there was alot of backroom deals and money paid to keep this story quiet for this many years. according to what i read this happened within the first 5 years of their marriage and i'm sure she wasn't his first affair. why is arnold suddenly confessing? maybe because he had to, and there is no longer the kennedy dynasty with ted kennedy,johnjr,rose,and eunice and maria's father dead arnold had no longer any use for the kennedy political dynasty. he was a lousey govenor and knows he can't run for prez so he runs back to hollywood.

foddi

I think America should allow guys to marry more than one woman. The population is aging and we need new baby generation to support our government. Look around USA and Europr is far behind in any country.. Mr. Arnold deserve my support as long as he can provide care for his child....First of all who set this rule to keep one woman....during bibilical years almost every prophet kept more than one woman... lol cheers

Sarah Robinson

Marie, if you love him, then work with him & try to forgive cause most men will do that & you could get a hold of another one that's even worst. Anyone can run away but it takes a real person to stay & try to work t all out.

MsCommonSense

Ugh!! He has always been an embarrassment to the Republican party!! Now, this!! :/

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!

Ronald Austin

Yeah, CHAR, heard you the first time. Did you really have to cut and paste your comment and add "run back to Hollywood" to it? Tell us the same thing again in half an hour. Nitwit.

Julies

RONALD AUSTIN,

What kind of women do you associate with? Real MEN are faithful, you fool. Keeping a Lie for years does not make him a saint. I'm a dude, still like my wife after 12 years. Just cuz you can't control yourself is no reason to cast aspersions on the GOOD ones. My girl rocks, and deserves me. Cheating sucks...just get a divorce, don't hide like a baby. FU Ronald. Bet you can't keep a woman as hot as mine.

Bippy

DO DIS MEAN HIM NOT RUN FOR DE WHITE HOUSE?? OH MY!!

Bobertbobert

Arnold, you sneaky little Austrian, you played the role of your life being unfaithful(how many times?)to Maria. Now you have another little half-Austrian child to bounce on your knee, and now Maria's children have another heir to oppose when time runs out.

Rabbitt

I'm shocked, SHOCKED.....that anyone in Hollywood (or politics for that matter) could keep a secret that long. lol

Ronald Austin

Yeah, sure Julies. Your a real "dude" that knows all about "Real MEN". Hmmm. You "still like" your wife? Don't you love your wife REAL MAN? Can you spell "because" cuz? You don't know anything about me you little simp. A woman as hot as yours huh? Yeah, bet she takes your judgmental abuse real well. You'd better make sure she doesn't have a child on the side ***** boy.