Schwarzenegger

Fathered

Out-of-Wedlock Baby

5/17/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a baby with a member of his household staff, and that is what sent Maria Shriver packing ... and right into the office of a powerful financial adviser to get her affairs in order to end her marriage, TMZ has learned.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Love Child
Sources say Maria was distraught after learning Arnold pulled a John Edwards. The baby mama worked for the family for two decades, retired and received a severance package, according to the L.A. Times.

The baby was born more than a decade ago, but until recently Maria thought the father was the woman's husband at the time.

Schwarzenegger told The Times, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

TMZ heard about the baby 5 days ago, but everyone in the Schwarzenegger camp was denying it.  But sources told us Maria was "completely distraught" yet determined to move on with her life.  She has not pulled the trigger to end her marriage on the legal side, but she has been working with a very powerful financial adviser who has been helping her position herself for a divorce.

We believe -- though have not confirmed -- there is a prenup, but the couple has been together so long the effectiveness of it is problematic.

UPDATE: Maria released a statement saying, "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children."

She continued, "I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

Janice

Brrrr, I wouldn't want a kid with Arnold. Creepy.

Tori

some of you people male bashing are so funny.
women if anything contribute even more to cheating! if women would stop and have some morals men wouldn't be able to cheat nearly as much.
im not sticking up for men but damn women cheat just as much i will tell you i know a couple that have been together forever she's been cheating on him for the past 15 years.

remember the saying women are better at hiding their cheating..
women are as much to blame as men
monogamy is dead, im in a happy relationship and I as a female get tempted and sometimes want to cheat, so i dont assume that my man never has, as long as he's treating me right who cares what he does in his private time!? what you dont know wont kill you.
Arnold held this secret to protect his family.

CRAZYGIRL

MARIA NEEDS TO MARINADE HIS SAUERBRATEN!!!!!

joann kendrick

arnold is low as you can go, like a snake or earth worm. karma is a m=======fer. you are a real hoe. i guess the was your american dream. maria is a strong woman, how could you do your kids like that? have you heard of comdons? god will get you.

Lynn

Figures, typical male--can't keep it in their pants. Happened to me after eight years of marriage. I can relate and feel for Maria; Arnold is a DOG.

Tori

men make better politicians actually...yes they have more affairs than female ones (which is a private matter) but the job they do is better. men are made for leadership positions.

Tori

karma always comes around, so i dont understand why some of you females are putting up your personal storys and whatnot, no one cares!
i can tell you just as many men that have been screwed that i know.
usually men in higher positions slip up more than your avg joe. fact.
this is why the media portrays men so badly, most men in the media are men in high positions!
more temptation.

yes he should have showed some self control, but the girl knew he was like this before she even married him...not smart
she can find a better man and leave arnold with half his money =)

kp

I hope she gets a good lawyer and drags this along to get 1/2 from this douche bag and I hope the baby mama gets the other 1/2.

DirtySouth

That is ghetto. Dumba$$.

Missy

RealityBites about an hour ago
Why is everyone so surprised? That's the way he was when she married him....she shouldn't be so surprised...and considering the men in her family, she has no right to call the kettle black
------------------------------------------

You're kidding right? Your uncle cheats so you deserve to be cheated on? That's stupid.

janja

told you so!

Bippy

"JUST WAIT"! THERE WILL BE STORIES COMING OUT ABOUT HIM LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO TIGER WOODS! LET THE CROWD BEGIN GATHERING!

peoplearesilly

You would think men could learn to keep it in their pants, but obviously it will never change. Never. They deserve what they get when they get caught.

Marilyn

How sad.............I liked Arnold too. I really thought they had a good marriage. It just proves you never really know what goes on behind closed doors. This was really a dumb move for Arnold. Doesn't he have any self control?

They never said she was a maid. They only said she worked for the family. She could have been a nanny or a cook.

Nikki

Just read a really funny blog post about this jerk on imeanwhat.com titled "There’s A New Gross Baboon In Town: Arnold Schwarzenegger.