Schwarzenegger

Fathered

Out-of-Wedlock Baby

5/17/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a baby with a member of his household staff, and that is what sent Maria Shriver packing ... and right into the office of a powerful financial adviser to get her affairs in order to end her marriage, TMZ has learned.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Love Child
Sources say Maria was distraught after learning Arnold pulled a John Edwards. The baby mama worked for the family for two decades, retired and received a severance package, according to the L.A. Times.

The baby was born more than a decade ago, but until recently Maria thought the father was the woman's husband at the time.

Schwarzenegger told The Times, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

TMZ heard about the baby 5 days ago, but everyone in the Schwarzenegger camp was denying it.  But sources told us Maria was "completely distraught" yet determined to move on with her life.  She has not pulled the trigger to end her marriage on the legal side, but she has been working with a very powerful financial adviser who has been helping her position herself for a divorce.

We believe -- though have not confirmed -- there is a prenup, but the couple has been together so long the effectiveness of it is problematic.

UPDATE: Maria released a statement saying, "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children."

She continued, "I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

Bobertbobert

Well, this will result in a spotlight on the child via it's mother; their lives will be publicly scrutinized as will resemblences and the possible union of all Arnold's children or their refusals. Arnold's choice of an auxillary breeder and her marriage/divorce is due for the strobes.

bagladey

All wives who know that their husbands are cheaters surely also know that a child is always a possibility, or do they "trust" their husbands to be "responsible" cheaters?

JJ

I think Arnold needs an episode of Maury all to himself.

Elle

Republicans and your effing "family values". Jerk! Maria is such a beautiful mother and wife. (But now she can find herself a nice Liberal man). Why do men cheat? So sick of it. Think with your brains not your ****s stupid idiots.

OooooNooo!

Hey, TMZ---how long did it take for you to find that awful picture of Ah-nold? He the guy stands up and admits it and he gets the goofy picture? Cheap shot.

dd

I bet Maria gave the bitch a great big baby shower and tons of gifts...Backstabbing whore!

InsideScoops

If men could get pregnant, John Trqvolta would have several illegitimate kids!

It is amazing that Travolta's big secret isn't well-known outside Los Angeles. Practically everyone in that city knows a straight man that Travolta has hit on with his bodyguard in tow.

Tori

alot of you females need to just shutup
im a female myself but damn some of yall complain way to much
i think its funny most of the women feel bad for her but most of the men feel more sorry for the kids.
the kids come first in this i feel for them.
she should have left along time ago...

and you cant judge an entire gender off of ONE MAN. its been pretty obvious for decades when women marry politicians it comes with temptation.

my pastor said if women were smart they would pursue an avg joe with morals before a high profiled man with no morals. but clearly thats not the case

mid

Yeah, dearest wife, I'm just gonna wait a decade before telling you I have a kid with one of the servants. Will you be a dear and get me a beer?

Tori

@insidescoops

we all know john is gay. theres been rumors forever

Nikki

I'm not sure why women get married anymore in the first place. Don't get me wrong, there are nice guys out there but there are so many pigs you have to pick through to find them. Women can make a living on their own now, heck they don't even need a guy to have kids. So why don't women just date, have fun but don't try to get a man to make any promises to you that a growing number of them seem to lack the maturity to keep?

writenow

Shame on Arnold and the so-called loyal staffer.

So, run Maria run. Please role model well. And watch out for the pitfalls of judicial selection. See www.familylawcourts.com - and judges like Hank Goldberg, (Charlie Sheen) who is allowing attorneys for two strung-out drug addicts to control his rulings, rather than order psychological evaluations for both. How starstruck is Goldberg? Enough so he's not appointing attorneys for the children. Please also skip the private judges, as different rules apply that are counter to the needs of the litigants. Those guys seem to be "all politics all the time" and not so much, accountable. Like I said, Different rules apply in private judging.

Cooper

pig

Glynn

Gotta love those Republicans and their Platform of Family Values.

Gaylord

Naughty, naughty boie. Fishin' for tuna right under mama's nose, eh?

Arnie and Charlie can compare notes over a cigar now ... oh, yeah, and Bill Clinton can give them pointers on how to make the best use of a cigar!

Boies will be boies ... heh, heh ... and heh!