Arnold/Maria Split

A Long Time Coming

5/10/2011 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maria Shriver has been "miserable" in her marriage for a long, long time, sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... and it's all about Arnold Schwarzenegger's "craziness."

Arnold Schwarzenegger Divorce

We're told Maria moved out of the couple's L.A. mansion months ago.  Sources tell us she's been extremely unhappy in her marriage for years, complaining about Arnold's out of control ego, as well as his womanizing.

We're also told Maria feels Arnold has ignored her for years and she's felt terribly unappreciated.

Sources say the couple has spent "very little time together" for several years.  Maria was frequently absent from Sacramento while Arnold was Governor.

The situation got worse once Arnold left office and decided he wanted to resurrect his movie career.  Maria felt Arnold was becoming more erratic -- more "unstable."

Our sources say Maria's religious views caused her deep distress over whether to split and/or divorce.   As one source put it: "She's been a lost soul for a long time."

Leigh

Maria:
1. Eat something and add a little meat to those bones.
2. Get a few tucks around the face
3. Date a younger man!
4. Go back to work...do something you love...especially a younger man! HA!
Arnold:
1. Grow Up...you are old!
2. Go play with your sissy friends like Tom Arnold
3. Realize you lost the best thing you will every have.

Mike Sarasota

Give me a break..arnold is the American dream..

Was the best bodybuilder of all time bar none...
Is a hugely successful real estate investor..
Is a huge action movie star if not the biggest

was a friend of Ronald Reagan

I doubt Maria did a thing for him..

John

I'm absolutely miserable in my marriage. My wife is a moody monster who can go from zero to screaming at the top of her lungs in 2 seconds. I love my daughter with all my heart that's why I stay. Don't feed me the line either about get a divorce you will get to see your kid. That's B.S. the judge will take half of my income and I'll only see my kid on the weekends. Why trade my current prison sentence for another equally sucky prison sentence that chokes me financially???

Pam

Oh Ahnul! Please don't make us watch you in another of your poorly acted movies.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

He is a N.A.Z.I and shes just another Kennedy slut thats getting uglier and uglier...who cares about these two hman feces! he totally phkd up california.......

NiggerJoe

Typical American wife -
She doesn't realize that - next to being President - Arnold has one of the hard job in the country - keeping Californians straight!!!
I think she's smoking too much weed ---
Arnold just needs to smack some ass..

Kelly

Am I the only one that thinks she looks like the Predator??

e33

She looks like that alien called "The Predator" without the mask on

VLM

Her mother was extremely homely. Maria is going to end up looking just like her.

Wynmyster

Who cares!!! This is just a couple more over rated has beens being pumped up by the media in a planned publicity stunt to boost themselves up before they go there separate ways... What a joke!!!

Sammie

Told ya she'd been thinking about it for years.

DIANA

SUCH A QUIET LIFE OF DESPERATION PEOPLE LEAD--LIFE IS TOO SHORT

DIANA

OK MARIA - NOW ITS TIME TO UP THE HAIRDO--TIME FOR A CHANGE..KICK HIM TO THE CURB AND GET RID OF THE LORETTA HAIR OF THE 80'S..ITS TIME.

Ty

Glynn youre a mor*n. First learn something about the economy and the trends for the last decade and overall international state of things, not just California and then think again. Arnold was a very good leader who did very few mistakes.

Jah36

Interesting that her "religious" background has prevented her from getting a divorce for so long, yet that so called religious background never hindered her from being a democrat and supporting her family which pushed agendas such as abortion and homosexual "marriage" which as far as I know are contrary to any religion that I'm aware of.