Halle Berry -- Raising More than Awareness

5/10/2011 12:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry hit up the Revlon Walk for a Cure this weekend to raise awareness for breast cancer -- but we're pretty sure that's not the only thing she raised that day.050911_TV_halle_still_v5

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

sonny

Cartman

Not first.

Sandi

That killer belongs in jail. If it were one of my family members that were killed by Barry, I would have made sure she did time in jail. Halle Barry is no good and the lives she stole will never be able to enjoy a walk.

rene

What I want to know is what are they trying to raise awareness about? That people get Breast Cancer or that no one is really trying to stop it from happening?? All that money is a waste. If people would eat simple foods, get off the butts and exercise a bit then do some research that might work a whole lot better. Throwing money at the problem isnt' working.

God-Of-Lyf

WHO? Just Saying...!

Ginger

I used to really think well of Hallee. Not anymore - not after what she pulled on her baby daddy. She's a little on the creepy side now.

elle

Rene....though I agree with some of what you said you should have kept your harsh opinion to yourself....in other words you're telling these survivors they have no chance and that they are wasting their money on treatments....? You must have lost a loved one to breast cancer and are bitter....I'm sorry for you but don't hurt the ones that are still fighting....shut up.

elle

Rene.......a bit cold wasn't that. guess you or no one you loved has ever had cancer. I do agree with some of what you say but you should have kept your opinion to yourself. You just hurt some breast cancer survivor hopefuls with your remark...shut up.

glittzz

This is Great also Halle Berry helps with domestic violence awareness also, she is always giving back. Way to go Halle!!!!!

OooooNooo!

"LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! OVER HERE! SEE ME? LOOK, I AM HERE! I WORE MY PADDED BRA AND EVERYTHING! LOOK!"

Barb

Flaunting what ya got when others have lost one or both of theirs is kind of insensitive. Just kidding. Bad joke.

justsaying23

First of all...Rene...you are a heartless idiot. My Nana ate right, exercised, took care of herself throughout her life and cancer still killed her. F*ck you, you ignorant b!tch.

Secondly, TMZ you should be ashamed of yourself for posting video of a charity event without knowing the details of it. I was there this weekend at the REVLON RUN/WALK for WOMEN'S CANCERS, not just breast but also ovarian, cervical and uterine cancers. I'm not a fan of Halley's but she did a GREAT JOB getting the crowd excited and ready to go about their 5k run/walk.

And lastly...RENE again...the money raised at this event goes to RESEARCH in the hopes that one day we can cure these awful cancers so that we never have to watch another loved one or friend waste away and die. May you never have to see that or suffer the fate!

Colorpurple

@glittzz U need to recall that she was court-ordered to volunteer at abuse center in 2000 when a plea deal was made after she pled no contest for leaving the scene of an accident. She was on probation til 2003. Interesting that she said in 1995 that she didn't want to be a poster child of domestic violence. She calls Eric Benet a sex addict, but her fans want us to forget that she is a ex-con.

1995 MovieLine Interview (Pg 2)

“Every article I read about myself now, they refer to me as this ‘battered woman’ or this ‘used-to-be-battered’ woman. Or they imply that all of the men in my life beat me. That wasn’t the case at all. I was open about discussing one [relationship]… but the minute violence happened, I left that situation, I get really angry when I’m now always shown under a headline story about battered women.”

2002 MovieLine Interview

Q: She’s [A. Jolie] called him the most amazing man she’s ever met. Who’s the most amazing man you’ve ever met?
A: [Long pause] My husband [Eric Benét]. I’ve met some pretty intelligent men, but what would make a man amazing to me is somebody who could love me unconditionally. I always wanted a father in my life, never having had one. Eric is amazing because he loves me no matter what—when I **** up, when I’m less than perfect. In my history with men, when I show signs of being not the beauty queen they signed up to date, they split. But Eric loves me with all of my flaws and inconsistencies and double standards. He says that’s what he loves about me. He’s the first man who hasn’t run in the other direction when he’s found out that I’m not what he thought I was".

mo

OVERRATED in all Depts. Halle u need to go away and hide.

sunseeker

Halle is doing all this as for her image, as lots of other actors etc do, I am never sure who is genuine, who is doing this for their image or to help raise awareness. Lots of actors donate money and time without being in the limelight, now those I would admire. Halle has lost a lot of fans with her maligning the father of her daughter, have no time for her any more.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments