'Road Trip' Actress -- Knee Surgery Day Before Death

5/11/2011 9:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Road Trip" actress Mia Amber Davis underwent a routine knee surgery in Los Angeles the day before she died ... TMZ has confirmed.

0511_amber_davis_EX_Getty_02

TMZ spoke with Mia's husband -- Michael Yard -- who told us the actress went under the knife Monday to correct an ongoing issue with her knee stemming from an old college basketball injury.

Yard -- who was in NY at the time -- tells us he spoke with Mia Tuesday morning and she sounded normal and in good spirits.

However, hours later -- Mike says he got a phone call from Mia's cousin informing him that she was taking Mia to the hospital because Mia had been suffering from a bout of dizziness.

Soon after, Mike says the unthinkable happened -- he got another phone call informing him his wife had passed away.

Mike says he immediately hopped on a plane to L.A. -- and he wants answers ... telling TMZ, "I want to know what happened to my wife."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Khate sucks

So sad! To the husband.....wtf weren't you WITH your wife just after having surgery?? Really the day after dude was in LA? Now he wants answers....hum....sounds suspicious!

Msg

Pulmonary Embolism - I had one after ankle surgery, and another blood clot the length of my left leg and in my left arm from the IV line. I'm lucky to be writing on this post. I was told that my leg hurt from surgery pain when in fact they were deep vein thrombosis. It has been 4 years and I still suffer from the pain of the blood clots that damaged my veins. I was treated last week again for blood clots to the same leg and arm and I'm stuck on blood thinners for LIFE.

My condolences to her her family now and always, may God always keep them and everybody safe

Jennifer

So very sad and scary. It is a complication that can happen after any surgical procedure or trauma. I had a routine knee surgery done 6 years ago, then 2 days later had shortness of breath and confusion......my husband raced me to ER and I was admitted for pulmonary emboli ( blood clots) and was hospitalized for 2 weeks.
It is no ones fault that this happened, but a very unfortunate complication.

luz duarte

MY CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY..MAYBE ALLERGIC TO ANESTIGIA..

Michelle

This is a very sad day my condolences going out to her family and friends

Dvtguru

Bet the house it was a pulmonary embolism which is a blood clot that travels to lungs. What hospital was surgery? Also if doctor didnt write for mechanical compression sue the crap out of them.

ke te impota

que corta vida tuvo esta mujer...es triste rip

Really?

Oxy "cotton" bahahahahahaha WOW!

Nancy

Sounds like a pumonary embolism. So sad.

mary