The Sitch's Dad: He Wouldn't Help Pay My Medical Bills

5/11/2011 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the MAIN reason The Situation's father decided to launch his expletive-filled campaign against his son on the Internet yesterday ... and it all comes down to medical insurance.

0511_TheSituation_Dad_SPLIT_TMZ_EX

One of Frank Sorrentino's business associates tells TMZ, Frank had asked Sitch for some help making his monthly medical insurance payments recently -- and the "Jersey Shore" star flat out refused.

According to sources, The Situation not only said no -- but told his dad to "move to Florida and go on welfare."

We're told Frank was pretty adamant about repaying his son anyway -- using money from a business deal they allegedly made to develop real estate in NYC ... but the Sitch never gave him a chance.

0511_sitch_dad_mini2Frank was outraged by his son's rejection -- and responded by RIPPING the Sitch into pieces online yesterday in multiple angry videos.

Sitch released a statement earlier today, saying he is "extremely saddened" by his father's actions.

Jessiizekksi

Hey girls! You wanna meet a rich guy and live out your dreams? Bag your sugar daddy at http://richmenonly.tsd.to

Ms Thang

Both are white trash.

Kifferslady

His Father is some piece of work making such a disgusting video about his own son. But for his son to deny him simple help like that when he has millions and millions of dollars was also pretty lame. If my son had done the same in this situation I would have been so hurt by it. But I'd never make a video like that. How awful. I think there is a lot more going on here than we think. When Mike was on DWTS the producers went to his house to talk to his family. He didn't look happy at all that he had to bother talking to him on LIVE TV no less. It was an awkward situation........really, no pun intended there. Honest. His whole family looked dejected that he wasn't happy that they were on that show.

Robert

"Melissa Dilan, aspiring TMZ cast member. about an hour ago

I think his dad should go on Dr. Drew. LOL. J/K Hey.. wow... If I was Mike I would have paid the medical bills to the provider directly...regardless, it's his dad, period.If my mother couldn't take care of herself and I could, hell yeah. Family members get in arguments and things like that...but come on Mike, I mean... that's a little.. blah. I'm sorry but... wow.. I feel so different about Mike now. At least just pay the medical bills man. If it wasn't for him you wouldn't even be here. Blah... just my personal opinion... I'm sorry but with all due respect this makes me sick."

What if his dad beat his ass everyday when he was growing up? Should he help his dad? For argument sake what if his dad molested him? Should he help his dad "regardless?" The world isn't black and white and not everyone has kind loving parents. Get off your high horse and open your eyes. Pisses me off when narrow minded people pass judgment like they've walked in the Sitch's shoes, in this case.

Robert

It's official, Michael Lohan is NOT the worst father in the world. This douche bag is.

UDntNo

Pay your own damn bills, you puke of a father... he owns you NOTHING, especially when you try to drag him into the s***pool you obviously live in!

Puckett

Frank hit that sh*t out of the park. He's gonna be a star.

f*ck welfare, and F.T.L.F too. lmao

Anya

Am not a fan of the show or him... but judging by the father's reaction and actions after being turned down on a request for money, I have to side with the son. The old man is the real jerk here and I doubt that he became that way recently. I'd venture a guess that the son has ample reasons for denying the request. And if he didn't before, he certainly has now!

AyeJay

Ew, Michael is sooooo ugly.
Why the f-ck is he wearing sunglasses in the night?
AND has them down to the tip of his nose like a stereotypical old librarian?
God this man is so not straight, my gaydar is always 100% accurate.

Gwendolyn

I think the dad has a valid reason to be upset. your children should do everything in thier power to take care of thier parents when grown and thier parents are in need. maybe sitch is being selfish.

Kardashi-Don't

That dad is such a jerk.

Canadasux

My dad was a hard working man my whole life, until he passed away. He had his own insurance and wouldn't take my help anyway. Sorrentino's dad sounds like a real BIG-MOUTH L-O-S-E-R!

just sayin

I thought I had read before that his dad was very abusive so I looked it up... http://www.icelebz.com/gossips/parents_divorce_papers_reveal_the_situation_s_childhood/. I think there is definitely more to the story than the dad makes it sound.

Jodi

I don't know both sides of the story(maybe his father has been asking for a lot of money lately) but he could have given his father enough money to pay his medical insurance up for six months or even a year then tell his dad that's it.

Karma will come back to take care of The Situation, not for saying no, but for the way he said it.

DrkAnjl

I was an administrator at a law firm, currently unemployed, youngest son of 8 children (all of whom are probably better situated financially), but I'm taking care of my 83-year-old dad, and paying his insurance premiums (the pare Medicare doesn't pay)...they're not all that expensive, PARTICULARLY if you happen to be a millionaire! The S - H - I - T - U - A - T - I - O - N could at least do that for his dad. I hear a lot of "everyone wants a piece" crap out there...if ANYONE deserves a "piece" of a person's unexpected and largely undeserved success, it's a parent who sacrificed everything to raise them. This isn't a junkie uncle, or a long lost friend, or an ex-girlfriend...it's HIS DAD! If you'd treat your family like dirt, then that makes you a piece of ISH!