Ashton Kutcher

Negotiating to Replace

Charlie on 'Men'

5/13/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Deadline Hollywood says the deal is done -- Ashton is the new Charlie Sheen.

Chuck Lorre is in active negotiations with Ashton Kutcher to replace Charlie Sheen on "Two and a Half Men" ... sources familiar with the negotiations tell TMZ.

0512_ashton_kutcher_tahm_ex
We're told a deal has not been signed, but Lorre believes Kutcher is the guy who can keep "Men" alive and well.

But Lorre has two other prospects, sources say, if the Kutcher deal falls through. Our sources would not identify the other two actors.

We're told Lorre wanted Hugh Grant to replace Charlie, but those negotiations hit a brick wall.

Our sources say a decision on Charlie's replacement will be made by Wednesday.

Stay tuned...

always

The only thing he can do is jump around like a monkey and act stupid and childish. Charlie has more talent in his big toe then this guy will ever have, the only thing he is good at is being Demi's toy boy. The guy has no talent. Would be the end of the show.Can't stand him.

Donna

They should have Matthew Broderrick, then they would look like brothers, would be funny !!! haha

Nicole

I won't be watching again.
The last episode was a reasonable way to sign off and end on a high.

Bren

No thanks. Ashton Kutcher grates on my nerves.

Dana

Yes I love him he can do it.

john

isn't the on the show the same age as ashton kutcher?

A K

HAHA! You've been pranked!! AK

LongJohn69

Alan is the shows idiot. Kutcher is a real life idiot. The show doesn't need another idiot.

Brooke

Real smart...NOT. Kutcher is box office poison and will soon be TV poison. Charlie has to be loving this turn of events.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

That was funny, Donna! (matt broderick comment)
I am still pissed that Sheen ruined my Monday (no life) nights!
Although the show can never be the same, there are so many talented people on that show that work so well together that it would be a shame to throw it away. In the beginning I thought there is no way I want this show without Charlie. As time has gone by, I miss the rest of the cast. Maybe find a slimey, smarmy guy, that's likable and change the NAME of the show, let it fly and see what happens!

hahahha

Charlie is 2 1/2 men. There is no replacing him. You can try but it will be a disaster.

chefadam

Clicky bits: Sources confirm Kutcher will join 'Men

Felicia

I do not find Ashton funny at all. He has the type of humor where u can tell he is trying way to hard to be stupid. bad idea!!!

tellmeaboutit

That's a terrible choice. I wouldn't watch it. His acting sucks, for starters.

Jodi

Hmmmmmmmm. I don't know. He's handsome enough, that's for sure but everything I've seen Ashton play in he's a goof. Maybe there is a side to his acting I have not seen yet.

I was hoping they would go with some up and coming unknown actor who is handsome and can play the womanizer as well or better than Charlie.

I'm going to wait and see on this one. Chuck knows what he's doing.