Ashton Kutcher

Negotiating to Replace

Charlie on 'Men'

5/13/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Deadline Hollywood says the deal is done -- Ashton is the new Charlie Sheen.

Chuck Lorre is in active negotiations with Ashton Kutcher to replace Charlie Sheen on "Two and a Half Men" ... sources familiar with the negotiations tell TMZ.

0512_ashton_kutcher_tahm_ex
We're told a deal has not been signed, but Lorre believes Kutcher is the guy who can keep "Men" alive and well.

But Lorre has two other prospects, sources say, if the Kutcher deal falls through. Our sources would not identify the other two actors.

We're told Lorre wanted Hugh Grant to replace Charlie, but those negotiations hit a brick wall.

Our sources say a decision on Charlie's replacement will be made by Wednesday.

Stay tuned...

Isabella Rottura

Did'nt Tom Sizemore go out with Heidi the madam

enlightenedcanadian

*sigh

Chaps

I was thinking Conan OBrien.

Or Dennis Rodman.

Jodi

I don't care who they get in the role as long as it is not Charlie. I have always watched 2 1/2 Men(don't any more) and it was NOT because of Charlie. ALL the character worked will together to make it a hit show from crazy Rose, to newcomer Herb, Chuck knows what he's doing. If the show don't fly with this replacement(whoever it may be) then close the show down.

Charlie is history and good riddance.

Muppet

I really wanted them to try to get Rob Lowe!!!

Hassan

The show already has like 8 seasons...how many more do they think they can pull off? I'm not sure how I feel about Ashton as a replacement, but if anyone else is going to replace Charlie, they should expect the show to only last another 1-3 seasons at the most.

ahhah

Hugh Grant? No woman is going to want to watch him-I didnt like him before his fall from grace. Rob Lowe? I don't watch him because he is pretty, I watch him because he is funny, so he would be a good choice, but a fool if he tied himself to this. Ashton Kutcher? Too young. Stamos? Too soft.

You don't replace, you move in a fresh direction. So Charlie and Rose are commmitted and POA is given to Berta. Berta moves in and a series of Berta encounters ensue-I vote Gene Simmons to be the first guest star leaving Berta's boudoir. Ernest Borgnine? Danny Devito? Roseann? The super guest stars are only brief surprise one scene exits at the end of each show-the rest of the show is the usual Alan Jake etc storylines. People will wait with baited breath to see who Berta beds each week.

sue

Without Charlie there is no show..

KPCATZ

I've already stop watching..... a long time ago. I like Ashton. He might pull it off.... I didn't like Hugh Grant in anything. With Ashton I will give it a whirl.

jenny

Oh Hell NO how are they going to explain where Charlie went are they just gonna bring in a new guy and call him Charlie that is crap there is no show with out Charlie just take it off the air now and be done with it I will NEVER watch it with anyone else doing it because it will never be as good.

Chaps

Get Capn Ron, errr wassisname.

Jodi

You know who came to mind....Jason Bateman from Arrested Development. He"s handsome and has that kinda laid back personality like the crackhead. The more I think about it the better it sounds.

Chaps

Kurt Russell.

Caligirl

Ashton to REPLACE Charlie? If this is to actually replace the actual character of Charlie Harper Ashton will ruin it. If he is to be another entire character possibly. I can't see Jon with Ashton tho. It seems a bad mix.

2 thumbs DOWN.

SandraD

Worst idea ever! What is Lorre thinking? Can't stand Kutcher,never could.