« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Brock Lesnar Bails On UFC 131 Over Stomach Issues

5/12/2011 2:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brock Lesnar has officially pulled out of his big fight at UFC 131 after suffering another flare up from his ongoing stomach condition ... and may undergo "life changing surgery" in the near future.

Brock Lesnar Diverticulitis

Brock suffers from a digestive disease called diverticulitis -- which causes extreme stomach pain.

Brock released a statement saying, "I'm not retiring ... I believe there's a solution to every problem, I just gotta find the right solution ... I love this sport."

Brock insists the symptoms aren't as serious as last time, but he couldn't train for his fight against Junior dos Santos at UFC 131 on June 11.

Lesnar was hospitalized back in 2009 due to his medical condition -- and had to reschedule his fight against Shane Carwin. Lesnar whooped Carwin's ass when they fought a few months later.

Lesnar is currently being treated at the famous Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

UFC honcho Dana White announced Junior will now fight Carwin at the big event in June.

0512_brock_lesnar_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PRO US

Diverticulitis is a complex disease. Not eating nuts, corn niblets or seeds is only one of many dietary suggestions for people suffering from it. People with the condition shouldn't eat too much fibre or too much dry, lean meat either because it can cause an obstruction in the large intestine. They should also drink a lot of water with any solid food they eat and chew everything they eat thoroughly.

Diverticulitis is not a joke. For people over 30 years old who suffer 2 or more severe attacks that cause high fever, terrible pain, constipation, inflammation in the abdomen etc., doctors often recommend surgery to remove the part of the large intestine that has the diverticula.

rene

Wheat,dairy,sugar. Buy The Fat Flush Plan Book.

hahahha

Carwin was beating the sh*t out of Brock. Fight could/should have been called. 2nd rd Carwin gassed and fell into a choke with zero damage done.

kawika

His 15 minutes Have been up LONG AGO...
He's a " Woosy "
He can give it out, BUT, He can't take NOTHING !!!

He doesn't deserve to be EVEN CLOSE to a Champion...

He's scared.. he knows he's gonna get his ass Kicked !!!

Shug Neville

I had diverticulitis that punctured my bowels and almost killed me-it's a very serious condition that needs to be tended to properly and immediately. I had two feet of my lower colon removed and a colotomy bag for seven months. I hope he takes care of himself ASAP!

daz

hope all goes well big man my thoughts are with you from all the ufc mad brock fans from scotland uk hope to see you in the cage one day soon all the best daz

LINNA

I have it also, and the pain is so bad sometimes that not even morphine or diladid touches it.I wasnt aware of a surgery for it but best of luck. To be pain free would be the ultimate thing for me right now, you also I am sure....

its me

BROCK IS JUNK

Mrmoneysho

Brock didn't exactly kick Shane Carwin's ass. He survived, Shane had his ass!

Pondscum

Once you have the surgery they weave a fabric between your intestines to keep them from sticking together. They can also twist and you can still get blockages, so even having the surgery is not 100% effective.

steve

There are people who are chicken salad and then there are those that are chicken s**t! Brock is the hypocritical latter!

the scientist

Brock needs to send me an email so he can try a science-based solution to his intestinal problem. This is not a prescription drug. Product clinical studies appear in http://www.pubmed.gov. Does not involve surgery.

Sliver

"Lesnar whooped Carwin's ass when they fought a few months later."

Really? I guess you didn't see the fight. Brock got his ass kicked and only won by submission.

Billy_BoB

reenypie77 - I dont know if you remember the whole, 'You tapped out' business, where he was heckled by the crowd because he tapped out during a big match.

Well anyway, Mr Brick was at a signing all the way down in cape town when the crowd started chanting, 'you tapped out'. The big guy got very irritated, admonished the crowd, and then only signed autographs for the kids

lol

Ty

whooped Carwins ass? Did any of you see that fight ? Yeah he won but only because Carwin was gassed and if someones ass was whooped it was his.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments