Will Smith's Megatrailer -- TOWED ... On Tape!

5/12/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Will Smith's 1,150 sq. ft. trailer was unceremoniously dragged off a busy NYC street yesterday after complaints from residents -- and you gotta see the footage ... thing's UNREAL.

0512_will_smith_launch
Smith's double-decker luxury trailer was plonked down in the middle of a tiny street in Soho while the actor shot "Men in Black III" -- but after several residents complained it was blocking traffic, giving off fumes, and screwing up local businesses ... the studio towed it to a nearby parking lot.

And to give you an idea of how absurd this thing is -- the 53-foot trailer also boasts marble floors, a massive 100-inch TV, a bedroom, and several offices.

Johnny

Very funny to read that this is all it takes to 'outrage' some of you..lol

Name-calling because the man has a huge trailer? It blocked the street, so they had it towed to another location...and you're MAD?? At what???

I'm with Puckett on this one.

A lot of you just sound like whiny little jealous babies yourself!

"I can't believe a wealthy actor with a $20M+ paycheck per movie with residuals and a cut of the profits is acting like he can buy what he wants when there are so many people out there starving!!" :crying:

As if it's Will Smith's job to make you, me or anyone else outside his family well-fed. Please just STHU! I was homeless and jobless (for 'only' three months tho..all that work finding a job finally paid off) and I NEVER whined that much about ANYTHING. Even though I was on the side of the road picking up change to eat at nasty McDonald's Dollar menu every day, I didn't disparage the next person for what they did WITH THEIR OWN WELL-EARNED MONEY.

Any man, woman, or studio (including YOU) can and SHOULD be able to do what they want with their own money as long as it is not impairing others. Is that not the second main reason any of us make money in the first place? (The first being to support ourselves and our families)

In this case, it WAS impairing others, so they had it towed...so what is the problem???

You all can live with that weak jealousy in your hearts. "oh, it's not jealousy, I just hate to see blah blah freakin blah" GROW UP.

Outside of that Scientology crap, I'll applaud the man for being one of, if not THE BIGGEST actor in the world, especially since I found out they've donated more than $2M to charity in the last few years. Let the man have his trailer, damn.

(can't wait for the "b-b-but $2M isn't anything to him!!! comments lol) I bet that $2M meant alot to those it served though.

(Personally, I can't afford that, but I do sponsor a child in Cambodia and tutor kids here in the US.)

The sad part is most of you still think that you're not jealous or that you are somehow 'above' him because of what you see and hear through the media. I just wonder what we'd see if we shined a light on YOUR lives...

If you have a problem with anything I've said, send me an email at urajealousfool@gmail.com.

willa

ridiculous. a bit over the top?!

tellmeaboutit

Will's been showing quite the ego-man jackass part of his personality lately. Shoving Willow down our throats and now this. Good for the people who complained about this thing blocking out the sun. If he's got the money to run his castle on wheels, he can damn well buy a lot to put it on, away from neighborhoods.

Carvey

So the guy's contract specified he be given a large trailer and a large salary. So what. His movies bring in a lot of money for the film's backers and movies themselves bring in a lot of money to the cities in which they are filmed. California forgot that last part and subsequently fewer and fewer movies are filmed here every year. Sad to see that New York is forgetting that fact as well.

Maggie

@harvo2face - the problem was the trailer was parked ON THE STREET where it did not belong. What idiot on that set thought it was OK to take up all that street space with that ugly thing? It has been used before in NYC filming - but they put it on a private lot, where it belongs. He doesn't need that thing, anyway. Just a big ego stroke for him. He's way too full of himself and isn't anything all that special - I would never pay to see him in anything.

crazy christmas pie

will smith's philosophy made this trailer a reality:

yet he says he can't explain it. . . . somebody find this man a tread mill please. . . .

jackiejohns

HATERS, WHY DO YOU WHITE PEOPLE HATE IT WHEN A BLACK MAN MAKES IT TO THE BIG TIME. WHEN THE WHITE MAN DOES THIS HE IS NOT HATED ON BUT BECAUSE ITS WILL SMITH AND HE HAS MADE IT TO THE TOP YOU ALL GOT SO MUCH **** TO SAY. IT WAS MOVED BUT IT WAS NOT REPO, ****ERS STOP HATING ON BLACKS

who dat

The guy who drove the rig is very talented. Watch how he shoe horns that big trailer in that tight spot.

Chad

IT'S HIS MONEY!! He can do whatever he wants. So what people are struggling to pay their mortgages. Is that HIS responsibility? I have several friends who are millionaires, and I don't begrudge their success. If they want to spend extravagantly, well then great. THEY EARNED IT.

Will Smith can do the same.

Butterfly

Perhaps he should have contacted the city before parking those enormous vehicles on city streets and causing great inconvenience to so many residents and to, citizens, in general.

Butterfly

TMZ did NOT state if Mr.Smith, or anyone else, had obtained a PERMIT to park their over sized vehicles on their streets. Perhaps TMZ will clear this up!

Tki

I am a resident and I am glad to have that eyesoar out of the way!!!

jburkart

So now you know what your ticket prices pay for and why the majority of Hollywood is COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH

jburkart

kp

what ego this guy has, gag