Ashton Kutcher: "I Can't Replace Charlie"

5/13/2011 10:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ashton Kutcher paid a little homage to Charlie Sheen in the official, just-released "Two and a Half Men" press release, saying, "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people."

Ashton Kutcher

TMZ has now further narrowed the range of Kutcher's salary.  We've learned it's between $800,000 and $900,000 an episode -- less than the $1.25 million base salary Charlie was raking in.

The press release has lots of platitudes from all the honchos.

WillOTheWisp

Oh I think Ashton could work it!
He might even bring in more ratings, cause he's cute like that!

TheBrain

Just out of curiosity, how much is Jon Cryer getting? I hope he's getting much more than Kutcher. Cryer has been with the show almost 9 years and is a part of it's success so he better be getting paid more than someone who is just starting.

foxxyred

what a load of bull****!!! cant wait for this show to get cancelled and we can all laugh at them. NOTHING WITHOUT CHARLIE!!!!

Lori

Hey J.

You can THANK Chuckles the Crack Head Clown for the demise of that show.

Can't wait until all of the other cast members can write a tell all book and give the back stage story to this....it will be might interesting!

SantaFeJack

This will be the last season, if it even lasts that long. Ashton Kutcher is a movie loser, and after seeing him on some talk shows: a very smug man and quite unappealing because of it.

Jay

When Will Farrel replaced Steve Carell I was like oh ok this will be awesome .

Kutcher replacing Charlie is just "meh".

mid

I'm sure there will be a lot of jokes alluding to the strange transformation of the show. Well, let's give Ashton a try, it can't be any worse than Sheen trying to keep his boozed eyes open while reading the glaring teleprompter.

jeff

still not going to watch! charlie was the man and that show will fail now, it might last a season or 2 but the ratings will drop im sure. my 2 cents

TheBrain

Ok, so I did an internet search and Jon Cryer is making $550 000 per episode? So why are they giving Kutcher so much more? I can understand Sheen getting more than Cryer because the show was written around him but why is Kutcher getting so much more? Wow, so not fair. At least hire him on for the first year at the same rate and then give him a raise depending on how well he does.

Mairzee_dotes

The Brain wrote:

Yes, it is a curiousity as to what the other cast members get. I don't think they are having Ashton casted as the "star" are they?

Liz

Kutcher is too immature. He won't fit in. Jake and Alan will be the 'MEN' and Kutcher will be the 1/2 a man. Charlie can't be replaced. The show is over. CANCEL IT.

Liz

Kelso can't fill Charlie Harpers shoes. Kutcher can't even act like a grown up. Jake and Alan will be the men. Kutcher will be the 1/2. WON'T BE WATCHING.

Sherms

No one will ever be able to replace Charlie in this show. Regardless of what people think of Charlie, I think most would admit that this show was the perfect fit with all of the characters. It will be interesting to see how they twist this to bring Ashton in, and how the show turns out overall.

ocgirl

I agree with the Brian - John Cryer should get more then Ashton.

I will watch it. I am curious how they will write Charlie out of the show? He died having sex while drunk and fell on his hooker??? You know Chuck Lorre will come up with something great!

karlew

I never watched this show because of Sheen. His character was the most boring and predictable part of the show. It was the same every time...Charlie gets drunk, gets laid and insults everyone, over and over again. One dimensional, just like Charlie. I'm glad his boring old ass is gone.