Ashton Kutcher: "I Can't Replace Charlie"

5/13/2011 10:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ashton Kutcher paid a little homage to Charlie Sheen in the official, just-released "Two and a Half Men" press release, saying, "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people."

Ashton Kutcher

TMZ has now further narrowed the range of Kutcher's salary.  We've learned it's between $800,000 and $900,000 an episode -- less than the $1.25 million base salary Charlie was raking in.

The press release has lots of platitudes from all the honchos.

Vicsanta

Ted McGinley would be awesome! How many shows did he end? He's great, good looks and can play a womanizer. Ashton, no way

Randy

Well, that show is going to truly suck. Watched all the time it was on. No More. Aston Kutcher is the most overrated actor there ever was, and will truly **** up what was a great show. It won't las a season.$800 000-$900 000 per show! About $799 000- $899 000 too much if you ask me.

wayne

Kutcher at anything is medicore at best and less than average as an entertainer and by no means a celebrity statis.
Sheen himself is talented by scriptwriters not performance and this decision to hire Kutcher must make Sheen laugh and piss off at the same time.
Both are skirting through life making a paycheck by companies who can afford to piss money away and Sheen/Kutcher will take it which I guess makes them smarter than the industry itself.
WOW is all I can say.

cmholm

Good for Ashton. He and Lorre undoubtedly know that there's an excellent chance of tanking. So, I'll hope that he approaches this with the attitude to go in firing on all cylinders, and that if the audience doesn't stay, it won't be because he didn't bring his 'A' game.

MjR

Ashton can't act ...his only half way decent performance was on That 70's show because he only had to act like a total idiot and he fits that pretty well. Everything else has bombed where he has acted. I won't watch it anymore....A really really BAD CHOICE CBS and Warner Brothers.

chefadam

Start smoking crack and you can!

Muppet

I wish Ashton well, but he's certainly not someone I've ever been interested in watching. He's too much like a teenager to me! I think it would've been better if they had used someone that appealed to the over 30 crowd. Will have to wait to see how it goes.

george fudge!

Producers should have picked up Arnold ... he's unemployed and looking for work and rumored to be a skirt chaser like Charlie.

Sticks

No one can replace Mr. Sheen on that show. It will die out and be forgotten

nobleday

Please do replace Charlie! What a rudderless guy with a warped sense of reality and morality. The day he is gone from public life will be a happy day...cannot be too soon. The guy needs a new career.

alm

i think danny masterson aka hyde woulda made a better fit than ashton his character on that 70's show is more like charlie harper and woulda made two and a half men great again

Lorraine

YAAAAAAYYY!! GREAT choice for replacing that massive DB Sheen. Ashton is funny, gorgeous, and enthusiastic. You haters should step off and give the guy a chance.

Your hero, the warlock, cost a lot of people a ton of money...including working stiffs on the crew. Thank you, Chuck Lorre, for keeping all those peeps employed!!! Best of luck with the NEW Two and a Half Men!!

Terra Firma

Ashton is OK. Don't think the ratings will be as high with him as it was with Charlie. I agree. Probably the last season. At least John and the 1/2 kid can make some cash before the show tanks.

CATHERINE

Good Luck! Won't be watching this show anymore. No one could ever replace Charlie Sheen!

Jack DaCarup

Twitter users:

Please start following Ashton!!

Show him some love, rub it in Charlie's face!!