Charlie Sheen:

Ashton's Going Down

With the Ship

5/13/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen delivered the ultimate back-handed compliment to Ashton Kutcher, telling TMZ he's talented but the show will tank.

0215-charlie-twomen-logo-ex

Charlie tells TMZ, "Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer ... Oh wait, so am I!!"

Charlie continues, taking a shot at the show, saying, "Enjoy the show America.  Enjoy seeing a 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB."  Essentially, Charlie is saying the age group that supported him is going to tune out.

Charlie adds, "Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton.  There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."  Of course, Charlie is referring to his nemesis, "Men" creator and Executive Producer Chuck Lorre.

Jim in Cali

I agree. This is such a joke. Screw Lorre. Never watching this show again.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

If we watch it, dummy, the show gets ratings--that's not tanking, that's not demo, dear--that's real winning.

Joe

Sore LOSING! They BOTH blow anyway!

nyer566

I am going into it with an open mind! Ashton is a great comedic actor and may just fit like a glove! Can't wait for the season premier! Fall can't come fast enough! I miss Jon Cryer, Angus , Conchetta and the gang! Charlie is out, Ashton is in!

Sammie

His "winning" has turned into "whining."

Sher

I am personally thrilled. It was NEVER Charlie that made that show, it was the excellent writing. If the story-line makes a good transition, this show will succeed for sure!!! Thank goodness, I was SO worried they were going to cave and bring back the stooge loser!

BDoll

SOOO DUMB!! JUST END THE SHOW!! I WILL NOT WATCH IT W/ASHTON. I WILL CONTINUE WATCHING THE RE-RUNS, BUT THE SHOW IS DEAD TO ME W/OUT CHARLIE. SOOOO FREAKING SAD, I WISH IT WASN'T OVER. F U ASHTON K. RIP 2 1/2 MEN

a long time Leno fan!

TMZ ask your audience if they'll watch the show with Ashton! Its the principle of how the producer's mistreated their hardworking actor that will keep me from watching it.

WillOTheWisp

I think he's in for a surprise!!!
Ashton will make for a more believable 'woman's man'!!

Nikki

If I were chuck Loree I would have brought him back then killed him off

Denise

Can't wait to watch...Good luck Ashton, you have my support!!! I'll watch the show faithful. AND yes it's true the other cast members make the show!! Good luck to everyone!

Sammie

@a long time Leno fan!

_____________________________________
They.........mistreated him???????????? Get real.

sapphire

Oh what else is that idiot Charlie Sheen gonna say! I've never seen the show before (TRUE), but I'm tuning in every week when it comes back just to give ol' Charlie a little **** you!

Puckett

Go ahead and hate on Charlie for just calling it like it is. The ship is going down without him, it would have be outright cancelled if Warner/Lorre didn't have to fulfill the syndication deal requirements for a 9th season of TAMH. It was either keep it alive on life support without the lead actor the show was written for, or get sued for several hundred million dollars for failing to deliver a 9th season as the syndication deal requires. the syndication deal was for over 2 billion dollars so season 9 alone they paid several hundred million for. The deal wasn't for all of the seasons either, just the later/second half of them that hadn't been syndicated yet.

Without Charlie or Charlie Harper the show is walking dead and on life support for one last season to satisfy contractual obligations.

Charlie's absolutely right when he says Warner/Lorre and CBS can look forward to the weakest ratings the first run episodes will have ever gotten. They know it too but that's the sacrifice they've had to make in order to not violate their syndication contract and deliver what was promised, even if it sucks balls bad. the contract doesn't require that they deliver a show that's actually good and worth watching... just that it includes a 9th season however dismally bad. lol

I'd love to know how many other actors turned Warner/Lorre down on a role on the show before they settled for Ashton. Very few accomplished actors want to sign on for what's obviously the last season of a sinking show in distress. and that's exactly what TAHM has become.

they must have thrown enough money at Ashton that he just couldn't say no. He probably figured that it'll only be for one year, that he'll bank mad cash of it, and that most people won't even remember he was on the last season of TAHM. lol

rob

Hey Charlie! Sometimes ratings and success aren't worth putting up with a PAIN IN THE ASS!