« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NY Giants Star Tackles Tornado Relief In Alabama

5/14/2011 1:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck didn't just cut a check to help out with tornado relief in his home state of Alabama -- he put his 6'5", 275lb body to work!

0513_justin_tuck_exp_launch

Tuck went down to Tuscaloosa a few days ago to aid in a relief effort spearheaded by the World Vision organization and JP Morgan Chase.

Besides helping to distribute 750 hygiene kits -- made up of basic toiletries like toothbrushes and soap -- Tuck also personally donated $25k to the relief effort.

Tuck told USA Today, "I've never seen anything like this live. Obviously, I've seen things like this on television after Katrina, from Haiti and from Japan ... but I've never seen anything hit so close to home with the devastation these storms left."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MRC1

I'm quite sure the trolls of TMZ will either have something trollie to say or not give Tuck his props.

But put up a story about the crackheads of Hollywood (Sheen & Lohan) & watch them lick a$$.

Cartman

That is very commendable of Justin Tuck!

It's really cool to see people worry about people in our country and not just all over the world. Charity starts at home.

Justin Tuck is in the Cartman "Cool Guys Hall of Fame" even though he doesn't play for the Bears. ;)

sick of it

nice to see a NFL Star doing some good for a change..Thumbs up for the guy...

Truth

OH PULEEEZ, TONS OF PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN THEIR TIME. WHAT MAKES HIM ANYMORE SPECIAL THAN THOSE ALREADY ON THE GROUND AND THE LOCALS?? AT LEAST HE HAS A PLACE TO GO AND LEAVE. THE LOCAL RESIDENTS DONT. PR MOVE. NEXT.

ezze

@ Truth he's not required to help. he could be relaxing at his lovely mansion but he's not...what are you doing to help?

Lagoon

I'm glad to see the victims of this disaster are not being quickly forgotten.

nebraska blonde

Nice to see a story like this and also nice to see an athlete giving back. If this is an every day persona for him, this is the kind of athlete the kids should look up to.

christos

its cheque

Ih8Taxes

Good for him! Now this is the type of story that should get more attention but sadly does not. He's a good guy even if he does play for the Giants (I'm a Cowboys fan).

No comment

Good for him! I am glad to see the hands on work, not just the check. @ Truth maybe Justin Tuck helping out might inspire people (Giants fans, NFL fans, or others) to donate money or time.

I nominate him for NFL's Man of the Year award! Good job Justin!

I Chinee

Good for him.

Kammified

SO GLAD TMZ is FINALLY reporting a story with some merit to it, instead of the same tired old Lilo, Jersey Shore, Mel G, etc. crap they harp on waaaaaay too often!
ROLL TIDE and WAR DAM EAGLE ALABAMA!!!

Nancy

Congratulations to this young man, and all the others who have given from their hearts to help the people of Alabama!!!

And, although it sounds mean, I have to say this...

If I was in Alabama, I'd be a lot more grateful to this man, Mr. Tuck - who gave of his time to help, as well as a GENEROUS donation - than I would be to Charlie Sheen, who came down, spent $325.00, set up some website and left. Oh yeah, Sheen is "promising" to do a benefit event - anyone heard any more?

Talk about your blatant PR move... I'd say Charlie's topped anyone else's by FAR!

Please, people, DO NOT FORGET ALABAMA!! They will need our help for YEARS to come:

Find a link to a BONA FIDE aid organization and find out how YOU can help too!

Leader of the ignorant masses

It's good to see someone famous doing something other than getting arrested. Its too bad that getting drunk gets more attention that people who go out and help. Celebrities who donate time or money to worthwhile causes get a article, and those who get in trouble get page after page chronicling their exploits. But you cannot just blame the media, after all we eat up the gossip like a bear destroys a salmon. Maybe if there was a award show like the Oscars for taking time to help the world more celebrities would step up. Donating money is great and appreciated but seriously, guys like this get their hands dirty and thats what the world needs more of. Good job to him and every person who takes the time to do something meaningful.

Dane Taylor

Justin Tuck is awesome! Good work my man. Side note: Just found that new CoachWatcher website and it is legit!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments