Ashton Kutcher -- So Who Are You Gonna Be?

5/15/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now that the "Two and a Half Men" dust has settled, and Ashton Kutcher is on board, last night we tried to pry out of him the one remaining mystery ... exactly who will he be playing on the show?

0515_ashton_kutcher_video_tmz_ex

No answer from Ashton, but our sources say Chuck Lorre and Ashton initially agreed on the character, but in the last few days it's "evolved" into something different and is likely to change again.

It will NOT be Charlie Harper.

Fred Farkel

OK now that's amusing...

About 100 years ago, I worked on a show called ODDAT.

We called it OH-DAT.

But as far as I knew - the only folks in the universe that called it ODDAT were the cast and crew etc of ODDAT.

So "Lori"??

Maybe you could entertain ol' Uncle Fred next time I am in LA. I was just there last week keeping company with The Dalai Lama - but I will be back to LA soon.

Besides.

I would love to talk about them olden days on ONE DAY AT A TIME... :-O

Misery

I love everything Ashton does. I liked him before his wrinkled old wife even knew he existed-- before he was considered cool. It should've been me. If they ever get divorced, then it still could be. Why is he wasting his life with someone who has so much effin' baggage?????

Annie

Not matter what character Ashton plays he will be terrible in it. I wonder if he will bring his plastic doll mommy Demi to the set with him.

FACT1

KUTCHER STINKS IN HIS MOVIES,
HE CAN'T ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE ONLY REASON HE STILL EXISTS IN HOLLYWOOD IS BECAUSE HE IS SHAGGING THE HAS-BEEN DEMI MOORE.
THE SHOW HAS ALREADY FAILED BY BRINGING THIS NO TALENT ABOARD.

lee

why does he always leave DM in the dust - i know they are both trying to evade the photogs but how does leaving her help - she always seems to be clinging onto him

Bob Goodden

Use my name and keep saying "dude where's my car" these scripts will write themselves heck just let the 2 and a 1/2 of 'em just riff off each other free-form

Nancy

No matter what character Ashton plays, he can't be ANY worse than a washed-out people-using has-been that forgets many of the promises he makes out in the public eye.

Some one has a really big to-do list and it isn't the subject of this article, that's for sure! Can't help but wonder how ol' Charlie the Tuna is going to manage it.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing how Lorre integrates Kutcher into the cast and how the series evolves from there. Who knows? I might even watch a couple of re-runs just for reference... since I wouldn't cross the street to watch anything w/Sheen in it before now.

mid

I used to enjoy watching TAAHM before Sheen publicly melted. Now, seeing the show reminds me too much of Sheen's crazy real life--it's too painful to watch. I can't do it. I'll give the revamped version a chance though.

Jack DaCarup

My feeling is it won't be long until we can look over at the right of the TMZ page and see the box "Memba Him?" with a picture of Charlie Sheen.

Rogue Warrior

Ghost Busters!!!!

Lori

First: A little note to FARKEL...if you haven't noticed? Everyone has been shortening the show name (sick of writing it) so take your conspiracy theory meds and go back to sleep dreaming about the "Old Days" in T.V....weren't you with "Your Show of Shows?" with Sid and Imogene? Thought so.

Second: Fact1...your caps lock is stuck on scream mode.

Rafaelle Zuccaro

This show has always CATERED to the DREK of TV,fans---Lorri has infiltrated this show with FILTH, DECADENCE, Every type of MORAL DEGENERACY possible-- Is this truly what peop;le want from these "sick characters???- Charlie is more DECADENT in his personal life than a SICK LORRI makes him out to be--Why Ashton , does he belong to the same synagogue as Lorri???

Wiley

He'll be a loser relative with a cougar wife and Demi will make numerous guest appearances in the part. Allen will finally come out of the closet and the boy and maid will run off together with all of Charlie's money.

elysummers

Amen! Something new to spice the show up ~ in a different way.

kerejava

Two and a Half Men was always very funny. The show was very well written.

I feel the show was a combination thing, like MASH, and Cheers.

Both MASH and Cheers survived changes in cast members.

I think Two and a Half Men will be just as funny with a new cast member.

I think a new story line will refresh the show.

Welcome to the show Ashton, I am looking forward to watching.