Lindsay Lohan -- I'm Staying Clean ... FOR LIFE

5/15/2011 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan plans to stay on the straight and narrow for the REST OF HER LIFE -- telling friends, she's serious this time ...  no drugs, no booze, no breaking the law ... ever again ... PERIOD.

0513_lindsay_lohan_EX1
Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ, the actress had an epiphany after her sentencing -- and is completely at peace with the judge's decision ... community service, fines, counseling, shoplifters alternative class ... the whole package.

Technically, Lindsay is REQUIRED to stay sober during her formal probation -- which ends after she completes her 480 hours of community service -- but we're told, it doesn't matter ... Lindsay's committed to sobriety for the long haul.

One thing ... Lindsay does take issue with the three-year probation itself -- telling friends she doesn't think she deserves it -- but que sera sera ... she has learned to accept her fate.

Bottom line -- her friends are adamant ... Lindsay has learned her lesson once and for all.

Justsay Nohan

Andy:

Nothing wrong with that. :)

keeping it real

YEAH RIGHT!! The Biao*ch will be back in jail, just to be on the news. She's a fame whoarrrr! Just like the Dad and the Mom.

Phreaky

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Notice how she went from agreeing with the ruling right after it happened, and announcing how she thought it was fair, to now saying the probation is unfair.
I can't WAIT until she starts doing blow in bathrooms and drinking and falling in bushes again.

keeping it real

She's 2 minutes from hitting the pipe!

Marie

@sonic_thump

That's a nice post. Truthful and respectful. I hope Lindsay will read it (although I seriously doubt she is able to recognize the wisdom that's in it, as of now). Hopefully she'll get it before it's too late...

Mark Proctor

Take it from the ones who have been there. If you do what it is needed to stay sober today; tomorrow will not necessarily take care of itself, but will be a little easier.

Carvey

Just another Lohan re-run. In fact, she was probably high when she said it.

mannequin

"For Life" is a pretty big chunk of time. I can't even say I'll never eat another doughnut for the rest of my life. I wish her the best, but don't expect much from Lohan.

Hoppy

Didnt she just hire a new publicist? Isn't this the kind of sheep herding that publicists do for money in terms of changing opinions about people?

Yeah, that's what they do.

Jellybean

I predict she'll be in trouble with the law again by the end of the week. I also predict we'll see her lame ass father in trouble as well.

I think my odds are pretty good on both.

chrisg

LOL BULLCRAP. She'll have a 40 by the end of next week.

bunny

Good, now Lindsay can find herself some real friends that don't rat her out.

Bren

YOU CAN DO IT LINDSAY. Praying for you. You have your health, looks, and talent. You can build a wonderful life for yourself.

Peter Sc

Well. She has to work at some point. Her acting career was as it is the case with many young people based on medication. I don't how many who are pushed through education and shipped to boarding schools by their parents "to fulfill their potential" but mark my words:

You cannot learn how to be successful and free of stress. You are born with it.

People who are pushed and dragged to met their parents expectations will fail at some point.

She can live like that but she needs to find another line of work where she can do what she is hired to without using so much of herself.

Advice:

Find some kind of desk job where you don't need to talk to that many people per day and then go home and enjoy life once work is over.

sonic_thump

@Marie

I must be getting soft..lol, THanks for the kind words. :)