Cali Swag District Member Dies

5/16/2011 5:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

M-Bone -- one the of the members of the rap group Cali Swag District -- died last night ... TMZ has confirmed.

Cali Swag District Shot

Earlier this morning, the group's leader, Smoove -- posted a Tweet saying, "Ma life changed drastically in the. Blink of an eye rip mbone."

So far, it's unclear how M-Bone died.

0516-cali-video2Cali Swag District shot to stardom with their hit, "Teach Me How to Dougie."

M-Bone -- real name Mante Talbert -- was 22.

Just last year, M-Bone and the rest of the guys came in to the TMZ studio and taught Harvey how to "Dougie." He couldn't have been nicer.

R.I.P.

BougieGaChick

These young men were and are not gang bangers. So because Montae was black in Englewood and was shot as a result of a drive-by, he is automatically categorized as a thug? Ignorance is obviously bliss for some. This young was an innocent victim of violence that probably stemmed from jealousy. That in no way brands him as a gang banger. For people to sit here and wish death on rappers,Lady Gaga,etc is so disheartening to me as an American because quite possibly those same insensitive,ignorant,belligerent people are living among me. And as a single mother of 2 boys that is scary as hell!

teaira

so sad awhhhhhh. :(

John Stone

Okay!! He's dead, move on! Jesus!!

Redboi1916

Ca. make rappers into statistics its like 1 gotta get killed every year thats why im uh start singing check me out http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TPv7QYpa5OY

carolyn rugley

Hello my name is carolyn I live in Inglewood, I can't believe this happen, its so sad, my heart goes out to the Talbert family, I was very surprised when I heard about the news that Mbone from the group California swag distric was shot, man! he left us way to soon, he was very young, only 22 years old! RIP mbone my deepest condolences is with the Talbert family and prayers as well.

carolyn rugley

hello I'm sweetprincess, and I just want to say RIP mbone, may your music live on forever! well I have been reading some of these comments and its so terrible at some of the things I've been hearing, how would you like if some one who you liked and deamed a great performer and something happend to him or her, and they died, and we said, I'm glad that stupid white rapper died, I suppose we would be all kinds of bitches and *****'s, why its plain to see that no rapper deserves to die no matter what the situation is, he is still someone's child, so no matter what rase creed or color the person is he didn't deserve to have his life taken away.

carolyn rugley

ok well after reading futher into this story, it seems that rapper Mbone, was a target, and this was over a girl? just to sad! the two men traided heated words via ttwitter? well hopefully Inglewood detectives will do some futher investigating and get to the bottom of this so tragic situation you know? take care all and please be bless

brianna

awwww. he taught me how to dougie....

ryan c.

one less thug. not racist, just a fact.

Mye

3 ` ima fan . and i feel really badd . rip mbonee . you taught me how tah dougiee <3

Tanea

its very very sad that someone took his life away but you know what, God's gonna deal with whoever killed him when it comes to judgement day

Alanna Hicks

I cant believe this ****....!!!!!!thats hella gay we will all miss M-bone....i loved all of ur songs and will always remember u and im sorry u were takin so early u had ur whole life ahead of u....

piee

i love yuh m.bone yuh will be missed.r*i*p

lontasia

woww. thats sad and thats my faviorite dougie group woww.. its so sad how all this childish stuff from elementry or middle school should have been droped buu iguess things never change;

R.i.P M Bone;♥

gilbert

To say that so called weak minded people who believe in God is a crutch is ridiculous.i don't know what cave you crawled out of by making such a stupid statement but i recommand you do your homework first before you judge people like that. For starters, why don't you start doing some research on the principle of cause and effect (INTELLIGENT DESIGN). It is written: "the fool has said in his heart there is no God" (romans 12) Professing themselves to be wise they became fools!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments