Cali Swag District Member Dies

5/16/2011 5:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

M-Bone -- one the of the members of the rap group Cali Swag District -- died last night ... TMZ has confirmed.

Cali Swag District Shot

Earlier this morning, the group's leader, Smoove -- posted a Tweet saying, "Ma life changed drastically in the. Blink of an eye rip mbone."

So far, it's unclear how M-Bone died.

0516-cali-video2Cali Swag District shot to stardom with their hit, "Teach Me How to Dougie."

M-Bone -- real name Mante Talbert -- was 22.

Just last year, M-Bone and the rest of the guys came in to the TMZ studio and taught Harvey how to "Dougie." He couldn't have been nicer.

R.I.P.

datbahdchick cookie

all i gohtss tu sahy is R.i.P Mbone &'d yu wihll be missed &'d fohqeht thee haterszx so idk who teh Fuxx whus sayin shxxt racists buht thats hexxaa smerxishh so STFU &'d mihnd yuhr own mudafuxhnn buisness!

Dominique

Wow!I was shocked my mouth dropped when i heard that he had died.My favorite dance song is "Teach me how to dougie".I feel so sad for CSD.He was so young.R.I.P Mante "M-Bone" Talbert.

Dominique

Wow!Garbo how stupid r u.That's really stupid what you wrote.M-Bone is great he's talented and cute and nice.what if something happened like that to you.There's alot of dumb people out in this world that don't care about nothing but there self's.which is terrible and stupid.

elsa

Damm that sucks specially if he wa only 22 why would someone do something that cruel well R.I.P M-Bone love youh<3 youh will always be remembered never forget that<3

Briana Bollar

Wow i'm so disappointed in what i'm reading. Some of you people have grown up to be very rude and ignorant people! Why would you think in your mind that it is ok to have your life taken from you at the age of 22. I am a 18 year old who liked to listen to his music. By him being African american he is a gang banger and needed to die. That just show that your parents did a horrible job rasing you. This young man tried to matter his life by being a entertainer he wasnt walking around with a gun on his hip and selling drugs you *******s!Since im African american does that make me a thug. To end this i just want to say think from his parents point of view they just lost a child now they look on here and see all the hatred from people like you smh. What if this was your kid would you feel the same way too!

John-Jonne smith

i have vidoes and pictures of him from a celeb bball game 2 weeks ago for sale?

Losau

Rest in peace homie i miss you xoxo

thug life

wats up wit all dez yung folfs dyen dez dayz ova stupid ****!i have dun lost 3 of my older brothas!!watz rong wit dis world

me

monte talbert was the best of the best and carolynn shut your ****in mouth up you bitch r.i.p. m-bone .

p.s. he was cute

CyCe

i love and miss you and i know ur in heaven teaching God how to dougie...R.I.P MBONE!!!!!!!! well see you again.

CyCe

damn y him???? it could have been anyone else. who ever did this will and shall pay!!!!!!

Eekthecat

I know there are a lot of stupid, ignorant, and lacking people out there I see many of them in article comments. I think that anyone who doesn't understand the gravity of death and murder or passes judgement with no research is a fool and complete waste of air. M-Bone was a part of a group that made dance music not gangster rap, understand these are two totally different things, they didn't sing or rap about drugs and guns- this group made easy going feel good dance music. This guy was very young, he was not out gang banging, he was not exploiting women, he was trying to achieve his dreams- someone shot and killed him, targeted or not, he was murdered with out confrontation or any precursors- sitting in his car minding his own business someone drove up and shot him. He is someones son, sibling, friend- show respect for others loss. Understand he is a human being who had his life stolen far to early.

mercedes

it is unbeaveable dat he got shot he is tooooooooo young 4 gittin kilt da pep who shot him is goin to hell

krystal x

iloved him so mujjjj he wasss my numba won he is so hot when i heard that???????i nealy died ilove ILOVEU ILOVEU ILOVEYOU MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TheReal_kiddSick