M-Bone Victim of Random Drive-By Shooting

5/16/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

M-Bone -- who was fatally shot last night -- was the victim of a drive-by shooting, and it appears to be a random act of violence ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

0516_mbone_EX_TMZ_01
M-Bone -- aka Mante Talbert from the rap group Cali Swag District -- was next to his car in front of an Inglewood, CA liquor store at 11:32 PM Sunday when shots rang out.  Our sources say the shooter was driving down La Brea Avenue alone in his car when he fired.

Inglewood detectives are investigating, but right now it looks like M-Bone was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We're told M-Bone, who became famous with his group for the song, "Teach Me How to Dougie," was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

0516_crime_scene_video

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

studrail

who??

Kathy

Sounds like Detroit. I live in Michigan, I should know.

maggie

That's a stupid comment! I didn't know who he was either, but I would certainly not write something as stupid as that. Either don't say anything, or just say, I'm sorry to hear that. RIP

Sherms

@maggie...Give me a break. It's a valid question. Who the heck is this dude that is being reported on? I want to know the same thing.

WHO??

Puckett

Oh STFU Maggie, talk about being stupid...

Anyone who believes this was a random drive by, i've got some desert swamp land with a view of the ocean to sell you.

KeepItSimple

Rip MBone

dd

RIP, prayers to the family, also La Brea is nowhere near DOWNTOWN LA. I saw the group on several AM shows teaching the hosts how to do the dance.

DubstepDistribution

What's with the bad comments? Someone was killed and you have jokes? You're a bad human and a bad person. You should be ashamed of yourself.

WetChiliFart I hope you're not an adult because yif you are...we are in trouble

Bren

Sending prayers to his family and friends. RIP

dd

@"sick" of it...u are a very sick person, so if u are a musician that makes you trash?

shawn

I guess someone should of taught him how to "duck"y

cuore

M-Bone, everybody in the MJ fan community knows who you are.. you'll never be forgotten.. God bless your soul!

Mary Ann

11:30 p.m., downtown L.A.??
They never think it will happen to them! Oh no

Erin

Mike ALL rappers and all black people are not gangsters? Do all white men have small p*n*ses and rape their kids?? They were a dance group a**hole!

glittzz

R.I.P May God Bless all of his family!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments