M-Bone Victim of Random Drive-By Shooting

5/16/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

M-Bone -- who was fatally shot last night -- was the victim of a drive-by shooting, and it appears to be a random act of violence ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

0516_mbone_EX_TMZ_01
M-Bone -- aka Mante Talbert from the rap group Cali Swag District -- was next to his car in front of an Inglewood, CA liquor store at 11:32 PM Sunday when shots rang out.  Our sources say the shooter was driving down La Brea Avenue alone in his car when he fired.

Inglewood detectives are investigating, but right now it looks like M-Bone was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We're told M-Bone, who became famous with his group for the song, "Teach Me How to Dougie," was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

0516_crime_scene_video

Rogue Warrior

That's jacked up. I hope they find and hang these guys in public before they get a fair trial.

RIP

Paula

Wow....how heartless can humans be? For the idiot that said he was a thug do you know him? To insinuate he was a thug and has "probably shot people" was one of the most ignorant comments. You assume that because he raps or lives in L.A. or is black he is a thug?

The world is full of haters. As you all sit here posting negative comments what is YOUR net worth? I hope the same negativity that you have displayed is displayed at your demise.

Tiffany

It says who he is(duh see above story), so don't be disrespectful or don't comment at all. You took the time to say "WHO" to be funny (I guess). My prayers to his family!

IMG MODELS

For all the old/lame people who are not in tune with our culture. Cali Swag District is a group from Inglewood. If you have been living under a rock... They created a song called: "Teach Me How to Dougie" Which went Platinum. RIP Montae Talbert.

MikeP

@shawn

This is a sad situation. I do wish his friends and family strength in dealing with his loss.

"I guess someone should of taught him how to "duck"y "

But that WAS VERY FUNNY!
Very wrong but very clever.
Good job
(just keepin it real)

two cents

Ummm who? TMZ, how many more spamming stories you gonna make on this guy? This isn't news. This is the rapper lifestyle.

Move on please. Nobody cares...

live above the Ignorance

Sonja

What a bunch of racist pigs on this site. I wish everyone of you has someone you love, a son or daughter killed, only fitting since you think this kid was just 'trash' I think all you posting BS are trash as well... hopefully a shooter finds you soon.

the_TRUTH

It seems a majority of you lack Intelligence and probably haven't lost a loved one(I'm sure this young Man was someones Son). To the ones who wished him to R.I.P, I think you show great charachter. To those who thinks its just another one bites the dust?Well,hopefully someday you to shall bite the Dust, and it is my hope that your Death get's disrespected as much as you have this young Man. F-Ya!!

G

@ Lindsay and all those people who don't know who he is I suggest you use your google.

Damn people are so lazy these days I don't know who he is either but it took me 2 seconds to find out and if you don't care who he is then don't comment. Just another way to be a smart ass for no reason.

I am Spartacus

Guess someone wasn't a fan of the Dougie

MikeP

@LiveAbove

"White folk please give it a break, one he was not a gangster just because he's black or was a member of a rap group. The group is a fairly new artist and the one song they had out was about dancing. The whole racial stereotyping is getting old and you all just sound plain ignorant!"

100 percent right, all bs aside, he seemed like a clever, sweet young man, with a very promising future, and this sad for his friends and family, and not a topic worth dwelling on other to contemplate a sad event for several families, and consider your blessings in your own life, and more importantly how quickly things can change.

Muppet

I cannot believe how many people lack compassion for a life lost. Maybe you don't like rappers or you don't like people of other races, but seriously how can you be so shallow as to not realise this is someone's family or friend?
Ignorance is on full display today with posters here.
I wish his family and friends well during this time. May he rest in peace.
I also hope the moron that shot him gets put away for a very long time for this senseless shooting!

I am Spartacus

To the people telling everyone not to comment if you don't know who he is... SHUT UP! When people are saying "who's this" part of it is them not knowing and part of it is the fact that they are pointing out that this person is not famous and shouldn't be on a celebrity gossip site. You don't need to google him, they tell you in the story he's from Cali Swag and they had the Dougie song. Thats all you need to know because thats all there is. They had 1 stupid song with a stupid dance attached to get it known more and thats it.

People get shot and killed everyday, i'm not going to act like i care anymore because this person is on TMZ. Its sad when it happens but when you're at a liquor store in Inglewood, CA at 11:30pm, thats the risk you take.

two cents

If he's a rapper, this is what happens. Cry me a river. When's the last time you heard of a country star being killed in a drive by? lol.

Based on Sonja's post: "think all you posting BS are trash as well... hopefully a shooter finds you soon."
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This IS their mentality. "You got to kill someone because someone done you wrong". Whatever. Streets would be a lot safer if "certain" people just didn't exist. They bring the crime and then cry when crime finds them. It's called Karma. Choose a better lifestyle.