M-Bone Victim of Random Drive-By Shooting

5/16/2011 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

M-Bone -- who was fatally shot last night -- was the victim of a drive-by shooting, and it appears to be a random act of violence ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

0516_mbone_EX_TMZ_01
M-Bone -- aka Mante Talbert from the rap group Cali Swag District -- was next to his car in front of an Inglewood, CA liquor store at 11:32 PM Sunday when shots rang out.  Our sources say the shooter was driving down La Brea Avenue alone in his car when he fired.

Inglewood detectives are investigating, but right now it looks like M-Bone was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We're told M-Bone, who became famous with his group for the song, "Teach Me How to Dougie," was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

0516_crime_scene_video

pia

My prayers go out to his family, Inglewood is not a easy place to live and yet he was trying to do something positive with his life by making music. A coward/thug took that chance away. Nothing is worst than the loss of a child.

bunny

The idiot probably saw his video and remembered his face and the guys a gang banger, so then he sees M Bone, goes, oh that's the guy I hate from the other set, right? Then shoots him.

Mike

Yeah, are they really saying it was "wrong place, wrong time"? Really?? I'm sure he was a fine upstanding citizen lol

Simone

Random act of violence? Wrong place, wrong time?

---------------

Give me a break. Hanging out in the parking lot of an Inglewood liquor store at close to midnight is not random.

No sympathy for this guy. He wants to act like a thug, pretend to live the thug life then guess what,,,,,,,,,, you're going to die like a thug with your face down in the nastiest gutters SoCal has to offer.

cachie

OMG you ppl act like CAVEMEN instead of ASKING a STUPID question like WHO?? how about you GOOGLE it....and regardless who the person is the CORRECT thing to say is RIP!!! U ignorant ass ppl! geez

Besides you ppl probably don't even know good music.....

Puckett

cachie 15 minutes ago

Besides you ppl probably don't even know good music.....

---

Google who? What?

marydave

My prayers and thoughts go out to M Bone's family and friends. What a tragedy. It's terrible to think this happened in my neighborhood. Definitely growing more and more terrified when I hear about things like this happening in Inglewood.

Jack Peter

Randon drive by? Hardly, he was followed and executed....and his partners know who did it....

me

to those of you lashing back at maggie, calm down. your viewing this article on the INTERNET. google his name instead of asking who?? im not saying LA is the craziest or scariest place in the world let alone the US. but those random drive-bys happen. dont care for cali swags music. but its a damn shame these things happen RIP

TCtheGreat

You guys are missing the point Inglewood,Culver City,Compton,Watts etc are all gang infested shi*holes! and have been that way since the 60's! I would not be surprised if there had been drive by's at that same exact liquor store in the past.
I have no idea if this kid was mixed up in gang stuff, but I would bet he knows people who are. He wanted to stay "hood" and not re-locate to a safer area after having a platinum single, and he paid for it. It's sad but when you're famous, people with less around you get jealous and you become a target. I seriously doubt it was random. Could be something as simple as a jealous boyfriend of a girl he hooked up with. Welcome everybody to the wild wild west!

Jay-t

Their Studio was in inglewood..so of course they are stayin in the arem thats where they WORK!. damn you people comment on stuff you don't know ANYTHING about! Hiding behind your damn screen names.

Meanie

Well said Simone!

ghfghfg

aaw teach me how to dougie guy died?! Poor thing! God Bless his family! :( !!!

ariana

dood wtheckk nooo :(

Dee

Originally I was going to make a comment about typical violence in the 'Wood but that video really humanized this stroy for me. Headlights still on, etc. No matter what any of us think, this was someone's son, brother, etc. so let's try to be more compasionate.