Charlie Sheen

Borrows $10 Mil

from Warner Bros.

5/17/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen -- who scored the biggest paycheck in TV before getting the boot -- had to borrow a huge amount of money from Warner Bros. during his last season on "Two and a Half Men."

0215-charlie-twomen-logo-ex
TMZ has obtained Charlie's contract for Season 7 (2010 - 2011).  The document -- dated May 17, 2010 -- requires Warner Bros. to pay Charlie $10 million within 10 days of the date Charlie signed.  Charlie was then obligated to pay the money back during the first 13 episodes.

To repay the loan, Sheen -- who was getting a base pay of $1.25 million a show -- had $769,230.77 deducted from each paycheck for the first 13 episodes.   But then there's this pesky issue of interest.  Under the deal, the interest -- calculated at the prime commercial rate -- would be deducted from the 14th paycheck.

Charlie was fired after the 16th episode, so Warner Bros. got its $$$ back.

As for why Charlie needed the money ... unclear.  With his profit participation, Charlie was raking in more than $2 million an episode, but it seems he was still burning a hole in his pocket.

On the bright side for Charlie, he was doing really well.  We got a copy of his original contract, and in Season 1, he made $160,000 an episode, and under the original deal he only got a 4% raise for additional seasons.  That contract was renegotiated after the show became successful.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@Nancy,

All good points. Here's an example of how Hollywood raises funds for Alabama. Donations made via Red Cross.

All donations can be made online through the American Red Cross: http://american.redcross.org/WebCast

There will be featured celebrity guest appearances by comedians Adam Carolla, Kevin Pollak, Andy ****, Kathy Buckley, Tom Green, and Larry Miller, radio host Leo Laporte ("The Tech Guy"), musician Jon Anderson of the band "Yes", guitarist Tracii Guns of the L.A. Guns, singer/songwriter Peter Himmelman, rock bands Open Source Rebellion, the Fallen Stars, Gorilla Blood, All Day Sucker, actors such as Mircea Monroe ("Episodes" - Showtime), Brian Krause ("Charmed" - WB), Christian Le Blanc ("The Young and the Restless" - CBS), as well as other entrepreneurs like James Morrison (co-founder of TIGI USA/TONI&GUY), and many more! Studio audience tickets are available at www.acmecomedy.com for those in the Los Angeles area.

Holly

It looks like he couldnt afford Kris any longer

ksis

OMG. What a HUGE news. Is it exclusive, TMZ??? LMFAO!! You know what that proves? That WB wanted him DESPERATELY. Lending him 10 million, giving him a raise with each season. Damn, where was Ashton Kutcher???? HAHAHAHA!!!

ksis

Oh sureeeeeeee. He's broke. Everyone who says that would LOVE to be THAT broke. LOL!

Autumn_in_Michigan

This bears reposting, along with a few remarks. First of all, thanks @fkeys for sharing. I think it was @angeleyes who said that she had discovered Lorre's vanity cards out of this debacle. I also said the same. And, we both enjoy them very much.

This card says volumes, of course. First it says to me - what happened to Lorre's vanity card eating lawyer? I mean, its not like anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence can't see who he is talking about here. So, what's changed?

I think its time for me to once again trot out my mantra....mark my words, the arbitration is not going well for Charlie.

I also noted in Lorre's Vanity Card # 345 - which our "Intellectual Think Tank" (as one poster dubbed it) discussion group has posted on the front page - that Lorre is sounding like someone seasoned and ready for a long, drawn out legal battle. Will post that card next.

And, about that "stuck with bottom-feeding crabs" remark. Does this remark refer to Charlie's "Hollywood friends" that he promised the mayor of Tuscaloosa that he would call to organize a charity fundraiser? Ooopppppssss Alabama, don't get your hopes up too high about what Charlie can actually deliver. But, no worries, Charlie was never your only hope anyway.

fkeys 7 hours ago

Lorre's most recent vanity card #346
--------------------------
Once upon a time there was a sea turtle and a wolf who became friends. Now you might think that these are two animals who wouldn't have much to do with each other. And you'd be right. One was a plodding, oddly-shaped ocean dweller, while the other was a sleek predator who prowled the forests for unwary deer. Their friendship began when the wolf was out hunting and saw the turtle sunning himself on the beach. The turtle looked rather unappetizing, so there was never any real thought of eating him. Nonetheless, the wolf was curious about this curious creature. And vice versa. The two got to talking and the turtle told the wolf about an island not too far offshore that was filled with delicious animals just waiting to be eaten. Needless to say, the story got the wolf's attention. A deal was quickly struck in which the turtle would ferry the wolf to the island every day in exchange for a portion of whatever the wolf killed. This arrangement worked out quite well. Many years went by and both animals got fat and happy. But there came a time when the wolf decided he didn't need the turtle anymore and could swim to the island on his own. After all, he'd been watching the turtle make the daily journey for a long time and it certainly didn't look very hard. But it was. Not long after the wolf jumped into the ocean, he was quickly overcome by the relentless waves and fierce undertow. He struggled and howled, but to no avail. The proud wolf sank to the floor of the sea where his body was quickly engulfed by a swarm of bottom-feeding crabs. His last thought was, "I wonder if it's too late to work with the turtle?" The moral of the story? Stick with the program or be stuck with bottom-feeding crabs.
--------------------------------------

... yep he's a great actor, 'hit his marks' ... but you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Autumn_in_Michigan

Anyone who's ever been through a protracted battle - legal or otherwise - will recognize in Lorre's words, especially the last paragraph, a man who has reached the ideal state of mind for riding out such a battle. Setting that paragraph that way from the rest of the text brings that point home, at least to me.

Moreover, anyone who has been in Lorre's position might look around and notice several hints that Lorre is in a solid position to sustain a protracted battle in many other regards. Someone here recently said that (paraphrased) WB's could litigate Sheen into the poorhouse. Looks like that won't take as long as I might have first thought.

<< >>
CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #345

What doesn't kill us makes us bitter. I used to believe that to be both funny and true. Years later I learned that pain could also be the touchstone for personal growth, which of course points back to the original saying, "what doesn't kill us makes us better." Not funny, but perhaps closer to the truth. Or at least the truth I choose to believe in these days. So, having recently experienced a bit of pain, am I better? Well, let's review: I think I'm fairly immune to name-calling now. I'm not sure I could have made that claim a few months ago. I've also come to see that the things I used to think were big deals, are not. Problems appear to be relative. If you have a big one, it makes all the others seem almost charming in comparison. And finally, when your life takes a path you could never have foreseen, it's humbling. In a good way. It's kind of like a friendly reminder from the universe that while you may think you have the starring role in the movie of your life, you're actually just a bit player trying to grab a quesadilla off the craft services table when no one's looking.

So, to sum up: I now have a thicker skin, I'm less likely to sweat the small stuff, and, perhaps most importantly, I have a renewed sense of humility. All in all, better. That being said, I still try to stay reasonably bitter in order to maintain my eligibility in the Writers Guild of America.

<< >>

1st Aired: 12 May 2011

A.M.D

All I can say is Charlie has one over priced "drug dealer", maybe he needs to shop around. Doesn't he knew we are in tough times! LOL

orange valentine

@ksis
I really enjoy your posts.
You should write fiction! What a wonderful imagination you have.
Very entertaining.

shar

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, Who wants Charlie now??? I loved the show was watching reruns (what else is new) last night and he looked good. This year, the few shows that were made, he
looks haggered and getting old. Too Bad.
I hope Ashton can bring it home....

Jack DaCarup

You know what has been proven? The loan has been paid back and the WB DOESN'T want him anymore!!

@orange valentine

loved the comment on the "contest" page "Ashton & Chuck --Power Meeting @ Coffee Bean"

"and Charlie Sheen walks up and takes there order"

Holly

Charlie will sell his house to support the kids, and move in with his parents

J.C.

"Ashton, I have a WINNING proposition for you!"

Minxster

Let's take a look at the ole' scoreboard!

Chuckles the Crackhead Clown - 0: As I've said from the start, go back to the divorce paperwork (it's ON TMZ) ...it stated the TRUE net worth of Cracko - NOT the 85 million the Sheenie Weenies like to march out as fact (wow -if the Internet says it, it MUST be twuuuuu!) every time Cracko's solvency comes up. If you're worth 85 mill, you're not borrowing millions from your employers. Period. And please, don't respond with the "how could you possibly know the typical financial scenario of someone THAT rich" straw-man argument...I've worked as a financial manager for people who could buy and sell Chuckles in a heartbeat!

Lorre - +1: Loved his "fable"...he nailed it on the head. It speaks volumes about what is most likely going on - what Spring and I have been saying this entire time - the arbitration isn't going well, and the handwriting is on the proverbial wall: Chuckles...you ain't got a case, pal!

ksis - 0: She is going shriller by the day, and her motives have become increasingly transparent. Sorry, Dear...Chuckles is NOT "winning!" Next stop? "Celebrity Rehab!"

Holly

Well, guess this means his teeth will never get fixed.

Kal

I agree that Sheen should seek help. But why keep attacking him? I guess lot of people forgot, that it was actually Lorre who was the first to cast the stone with his Vanity Card,(those in the last episodes of Two and a Half Men)

Sure, Charlie got his demons, but when he got to work again, he was clean and sober. What did he got? Instead of congratulation or support from Lorre, he got a not so subtle attack through his cards. Don't those test before and after several interviews and the test ordered by the court told you that Sheen was indeed clean?