Charlie Sheen

Borrows $10 Mil

from Warner Bros.

5/17/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen -- who scored the biggest paycheck in TV before getting the boot -- had to borrow a huge amount of money from Warner Bros. during his last season on "Two and a Half Men."

0215-charlie-twomen-logo-ex
TMZ has obtained Charlie's contract for Season 7 (2010 - 2011).  The document -- dated May 17, 2010 -- requires Warner Bros. to pay Charlie $10 million within 10 days of the date Charlie signed.  Charlie was then obligated to pay the money back during the first 13 episodes.

To repay the loan, Sheen -- who was getting a base pay of $1.25 million a show -- had $769,230.77 deducted from each paycheck for the first 13 episodes.   But then there's this pesky issue of interest.  Under the deal, the interest -- calculated at the prime commercial rate -- would be deducted from the 14th paycheck.

Charlie was fired after the 16th episode, so Warner Bros. got its $$$ back.

As for why Charlie needed the money ... unclear.  With his profit participation, Charlie was raking in more than $2 million an episode, but it seems he was still burning a hole in his pocket.

On the bright side for Charlie, he was doing really well.  We got a copy of his original contract, and in Season 1, he made $160,000 an episode, and under the original deal he only got a 4% raise for additional seasons.  That contract was renegotiated after the show became successful.

pegnew

@ksis - glad to see you posting today. Missed hearing your
comments yesterday on Bree. While I tend to have a different
opinion from you, we can always count on you to add spice and passion to the debate!
And thanks to all who share your various views here. I must tell you that as a stroke survivor, you guys provide me with a lot
of fun entertainment. Perhaps that is one of the many reasons I am
so frustrated reading about Charlie. He had EVERYTHING going for him, and he threw it all away, now rendering himself irrelevant.

angeleyes

@SIM - Just a short note as I have to dash today - but I spent several hours researching last night - Yes I found the wolf and sea turtle story interesting also -
In my research on WB/Chuck Lorre Prod. & CBS as well as the lawsuit response from their lawyers and following various trails it seems quite apparent Charlie was not doing his part for some time and causing production problems - I also found that prior to signing his most recent contract he refused to come back to work for $1 mill/episode and since he threatened publicly to quit but did go to rehab they did eventually sign for the higher amount.

But then as we know his irresponsible behavior started up again and escalated and this time he refused to get rehab so there really was no choice for them but to fire him.

But as Puckett keeps reminding us Warners stands to loose $80 mill if they don't produce season 9 so it will be done and Ashton's on board -

Can we also send Arnie Schwartzie to the bottom dweller crab club? What a jerk!
Okay - must scoot - have a fun day -

ksis

@pegnew

I am not really here to provide entertainment. I just want to give my opinion and discuss with those that actually are capable of doing that, which unfortunately happens rarely.
I am totally not interested in Bree, and I have things to deal with right now, so I'm just passing by mostly.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@angeleyes,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Yes, your view as based on your research is basically the same as my view based on my research.

In addition:

I believe that Charlie had been successful in - shall we say leveraging (nicer than saying blackmailing) - WB's to kowtow to his demands in the past. That past success made him feel confident about having success again when he made his media blitz attack on WB/Lorre just before he was terminated.

He again attempted to make changes to the show production (will come back to work but not with some of those turds now in place) as well as his demand for even more money ($3 million per episode) which he of course later tried to explain away as a joke. Right.

My sense is that one of those "turds in place" that he wanted to get rid of via his media blitz leveraging was Lorre. Charlie really did believe that he was the show and he didn't need Lorre - and that WB's being made to choose would choose him over Lorre in this instance. Again, see vanity card #346 for that story.

BadElvis1

Hey, I here Charlie helps feed the Homeless in Venice Folks. Even if He acts out in public smoking and drinking, He aint such a bad Guy after all.

Nancy

BadElvis1 36 minutes ago

*****

Where did you "here" that? Got a link to a story, or is this really something someone just told you? With all the other stuff that Charlie has promised and not followed through on, I'd be very surprised if this one pans out.

1. Going to Haiti?
2. Japan Relief?
3. "Benefit Event" for Alabama?
4. European tour?

Nancy

@BadElvis1

I just did a Google search... you dork, that's MARTIN SHEEN that feeds the homeless in Venice!!!

Minxster

What a ma-roon!

Mr.Bill

Just a note of interest,Tim Allen was making the same amount on the last season of Home Improvement 1.25 million per episode.

Jodi

He was making 1.25 million per episode yet had to borrow money from his boss? I can't wait to hear why he would need such a large amount of money up front but I'm sure it will come out and we will all laugh once again, well some of us will, at the lunacy that is called Charlie Sheen once again.

SOSGeorgeLegacy

Time to hit the reset button, Charlie. Read my book, "SOS Safely Obtaining Sobriety." Search online. It pops right up. In my book is my simple plan on how to keep your sobriety and reset your brain to where it was before substance abuse. Anyone can win. Read "SOS Safely Obtaining Sobriety" by George Legacy.

LadyBeagles

You know everybody forgets that at the beginning of all this The show was on hiatus. Bottom line Chuck had no scripts and needed an excuse. He chose Charlie to pick on. Chuck Lorre is a bully and will continue to do so. The 10million dollar advance was for his child support payments for Denise and his divorces settlement and bailing out crooks,hookers, leaches, etc.

Nancy

LadyBeagles about a minute ago

****

Actually, I think YOU need to read the following:

It explains in GREAT detail what REALLY happened when Sheen was terminated. It had nothing to do with a lack of scripts, it had nothing to do with Chuck Lorre picking on 'poor Charlie' and being a bully... it had EVERYTHING to do with CHARLIE and CHARLIE'S actions.

The doc ument in that link has TEN PAGES of source material along with footnotes for all referenced material. Read it, and weep for the stupidity of one Mr. Sheen.

Vinnie Rattolle

Memo to TMZ: If you run a "tomorrow on TMZ" teaser, then actually AIR the story. The "we're out of time, check TMZ online" gag was total b.s.

Green Fairy

What's happened to the Internship? what's happened to the donation for Japan? What's happened to the Alabama appeal? What's happened about him going to Haiti with S Penn? It's all gone very quiet on these fronts lately. Coming down from the 'high' now?