Kirk Cameron

Stephen Hawking is WRONG!!!!!

5/18/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super Christian Kirk Cameron says Stephen Hawking is WRONG about the non-existence of Heaven -- insisting Hawking is just as ignorant as ... (wait for it) ... John Lennon.

0517_kirk_cameron_stephen_hawking_GETTY_EX

Kirk -- who is HUGELY active in his evangelist church -- tells TMZ Hawking has no scientific evidence to back his claim that Heaven is merely a, "Fairy story for people afraid of the dark."

Cameron tells us, "Professor Hawking is heralded as 'the genius of Britain,' yet he believes in the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything and that life sprang from non-life."

He adds, "Why should anyone believe Mr. Hawking's writings if he cannot provide evidence for his unscientific belief that out of nothing, everything came?"

So how does John Lennon fit in to all this? Cameron explains:

"[Hawking] says he knows there is no Heaven. John Lennon wasn't sure. He said to pretend there's no Heaven. That's easy if you try.  Then he said he hoped that someday we would join him."

"Such wishful thinking reveals John and Stephen's religious beliefs, not good science."

So there you have it ... Stephen Hawking and a Beatle connected through Mike Seaver.

BOOM!

Tor

Did he even really listen to Lennon's song. That is not what John meant at all.

boyzrule

personally i would rather live my life as if there were a God and to die only to find out there is not one......then to live my life like there is no God and then to die and find out there is a God!

Uh

Religion is swell. Just ask a suicide bomber. It's like the first amendment Harvey is always hiding behind. His interpretation is totally different many of his peers, yet he insists he is correct. How many religions exist? Each one with a different interpretation of the bible, or some other ancient manuscript. And of those religions, how many followers justify murder to "spread the word"? Try and explain to the parents of sexually molested 5 year old who was chopped to pieces and stuffed in a refrigerator, "Gods mercy", or the millions that starve each year. How many of you can explain how quantum
theory was necessary to build the Hadron collider? But I would bet that most of you know how many pimples are on Lohan's butt and who Jesus was.

jack-55d79

"scientific impossibility that nothing created everything and that life sprang from non-life"

The problem with his entire argument is that it's based on that. He's wrong and there is numerous evidence to the contrary.

The universe is expanding. Things are getting further apart. This is something that can and has been measured in very robust ways. Because the universe is expanding it's not a huge leap of logic to say that it must have been closer together in the past. Measurable, rigorous, evidence exists that it went back to an amazing, mind-blowingly so, small point. Scientists don't think there was nothing beforehand and work on the basis of what they know rather than what they don't (it's complicated by how time works). Life didn't spring from non life, it's just, essentially, that if you have the right chemical mix, and environment, given a few billion years, life is one of the patterns that forms. So, not sprang, but more like crawling out of the primordial swamp, over billions of years, and getting upset because a scientist disagrees with you. No doubt somewhere else in our mind-blowingly large universe there's an alien evangelist getting upset with an alien scientist.

papat247

Dear God
, hope you got the letter, and...
I pray you can make it better down here.
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
but all the people that you made in your image, see
them starving on their feet 'cause they don't get
enough to eat from God, I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but... I feel that I should be heard
loud and clear. We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
and all the people that you made in your image, see them fighting
in the street 'cause they can't make opinions meet about God,
I can't believe in you

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue? Did you make
mankind after we made you? And the devil too!

, don't know if you noticed, but... your name is on
a lot of quotes in this book, and us crazy humans wrote it, you
[ From : http://www.elyrics.net/read/x/xTC-lyrics/dear-god-lyrics.html ]
should take a look, and all the people that you made in your
image still believing that junk is true. Well I know it ain't, and
so do you, dear God, I can't believe in I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell. No saints, no sinners, no
devil as well. No pearly gates, no thorny crown. You're always
letting us humans down. The wars you bring, the babes you
drown. Those lost at sea and never found, and it's the same the
whole world 'round. The hurt I see helps to compound that
Father, Son and Holy Ghost is just somebody's unholy hoax,
and if you're up there you'd perceive that my heart's here upon
my sleeve. If there's one thing I don't believe in

it's you....

Kyle Beasnoir

Why are all the brilliant people atheists and the dumb people christians?

rene

I support Kirk Cameron. Thanks for trying to pull this man out of the fire,no one else would do it .

Phreaky

Funny that all Kirk talks about is evidence, saying Stephen Hawking has none. Um, Kirk? Where is your concrete evidence that heaven exists? When you die, that's it. There is no magic land up above the clouds where you float and lay around on clouds all day. Sorry, there's just not. There is no "Pearly gates" where St. Peter stands with a clipboard and checks for your name. Face it. You believe in fairy tales, which is exactly what the bible and heaven is.

Milf Biggenson

Let's extrapolate the idea of faith and how it relates to Jesus. First let's assume Jesus was alive and was walking on water, curing people, turning water into wine (which is not the best, especially when you're thirsty and don't like wine...Thanks for nothing Jesus!)
The religious tell us that we have to go on faith yet Jesus' followers did NOT have to go on faith at all. Why? Because they were there, watching him do all of this in front of their own eyes. That's not faith, that's someone saying "Hey, he just walked on the water in the same spot that Larry fell in." So sorry my religious friends. If you want me to believe in Jesus, then God better resurrect him again and let him do all this stuff in front of our eyes. He resurrected him once and they keep harping about it. It's kind of getting like the Great Pumpkin. It's been over 2000 years. I don't have much FAITH that he's coming. How long do you people have to wait before you decide enough's enough? I leave if they tell me there's a 15 minute wait at the Olive Garden.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Why so threatened by another person's belief? If you are 100% secure in what you believe, no other person can threaten that.

Now look, if there is a person-like God somewhere who is going to punish me after I die because I chose not to play "Religion Roulette" down on the rock, I consider that abusive, and just plain mean.

I believe what I believe and I don't feel like I have to explain it to anybody, it comforts me and doesn't compel me control, coerce, or blow people up. But that's just me.

Phreaky

boyzrule

-----------------------
Common misbelief that just because someone thinks there is no God, they live some dangerous, wreckless, lawless life.
There is a difference in having no religion and having no morals FYI.

I BELIEVE

God gives everyone a free will to receive him or reject him. Think about this: If its not true that there is no God and the bible speaks of God as Love and to love your neighbor as yourself and other positive things, well, you haven't lost a thing if you don't believe in him. But if it is true, that God is real and if you don't repent of your sins as he says,and you will go to a place called hell for eternity,are you willing to take that risk? Eternity is forever! I would rather risk believing in God and living as the bible says which is all positive and get eternal life in heaven, than to risk not believing and when I die find out that there is a place called hell and i'm there for eternity.

Ray

Way to go, Kirk. To the poster named Phil. You are demonstrating your ignorance. There is evidence that Jesus did in fact walk this earth.

ls

You go, Kirk! And, yes, there is scientific evidence that Jesus existed.

Condrad felix Pinto

It is good to know that kirk cameron and stephen hawkin are spits with each other, one on religious bases and the other on science but as i am a engineer in aviation, space and earth is of a great interest to me ,i have read lot of books please know the bible that kirk cameron bases his argument on is on the evidence of the interaction of two parties one is a higher form of life not of gross material that our body an this earth is made of and this system is made of, second is the intervation of phyical intellegence higher than ours, called aliens who processed and projected this system forward and third this earth that gives us all ever thing is alive in the male and female spiritual form like our mother and father of a house, all these three combined together got this system to start from square one to today,if kirk and stephen and understand the two different aspects of knowledge they are basing their argument on, and just see what i have written above then i think they can come to a understanding,i now only appolligise to any one who reads this message nad get their sentiment values hurt. Thank you C.F.Pinto