Kirk Cameron

Stephen Hawking is WRONG!!!!!

5/18/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super Christian Kirk Cameron says Stephen Hawking is WRONG about the non-existence of Heaven -- insisting Hawking is just as ignorant as ... (wait for it) ... John Lennon.

0517_kirk_cameron_stephen_hawking_GETTY_EX

Kirk -- who is HUGELY active in his evangelist church -- tells TMZ Hawking has no scientific evidence to back his claim that Heaven is merely a, "Fairy story for people afraid of the dark."

Cameron tells us, "Professor Hawking is heralded as 'the genius of Britain,' yet he believes in the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything and that life sprang from non-life."

He adds, "Why should anyone believe Mr. Hawking's writings if he cannot provide evidence for his unscientific belief that out of nothing, everything came?"

So how does John Lennon fit in to all this? Cameron explains:

"[Hawking] says he knows there is no Heaven. John Lennon wasn't sure. He said to pretend there's no Heaven. That's easy if you try.  Then he said he hoped that someday we would join him."

"Such wishful thinking reveals John and Stephen's religious beliefs, not good science."

So there you have it ... Stephen Hawking and a Beatle connected through Mike Seaver.

BOOM!

John

Based on quantum physics there are possibilities for many things, including spirituality and spiritual dimensions, but I think we have to throw out antiquated notions of "heaven" and "spirits". There is a growing movement of scientists who believe that the spiritual dimension could be real, and probably is, but it does not fit nicely into any religions dogma. Kirk did himself no favors with his ignorant statements, though his arguement could be viable if placed in the hands of someone more learned.

Eric

Kirk Cameron is absolutely correct. Don't be fooled, there is a God and there is a heaven.

Dave

There will never be enough proof for them to stop thumping away with thier book!! God lives beyond the clouds, then we built airplanes..... no God lives in space... we built space ships... no,no,no... God lives beyond our solar system... we build telescopes that can view across the universe.... there will never be enough for them to let go of that security blanket. Cheers

R

"Why should anyone believe Mr. Cameron's ramblings if he cannot provide evidence for his unscientific belief that out of the flying spaghetti monster, everything came?"

I'm sure Kirk Cameron can't even wrap his head around Hawking's theories. But to be fair, I'm not sure even Hawking could develop a theorum for the black hole that is Cameron's mouth.

So What

I can tell you there is a God. My Mother pass away in 1997 and in 1998 I was in the front yard with my son playing some ball.You have to know that there were no clouds out and the shy was clear blue. I was really mad that God had taken my Mother, I was saying every bad word in the book and said if you are for real God then give me a sign that my Mom is with you. About twenty mintues later my son said Dad look up and I did, WOW there was a cicular rainbow very bright and a light going through it. It lasted about thirty seconds or so and faded away. I can tell you if that was not a sign from God then you tell me. God is there and you people need to start to believe one way or another.

kara

If God exists, he hates us a lot...

Robert

Kirk Cameron is a raging homo. I'm just kidding, he has a very punchable face. I was just kidding about kidding.

john doe

all of you are retards. hahahahah im laughing my ass off at you idiots. really just makes me feel so good. not that i care. but im laughing so hard hahah. oh boy. life is great. get educated people.

AustinBlossoms

How libs are so ready to condem another persons belief, unless it is islam the pieces of people. Oh, that's right the peaceful religion...whatever. You can believe in no god and yet you allow islam to stump on everyone else, cause you know their is no christian God, just Allak akbar!

Katy

Kirk's an idiot. I suppose if you ask him what evidence HE has to support that there IS a heaven, he'd point to the Bible, which is not PROOF of anything. He totally missed the point of Imagine too.

papat247

I don't believe for a second Kirk is this righteous religious man. This is his way to stay in the limelight and make big money. His acting career has been over for close to 20 year. Religion is big money and Kirk has his hand in a big bag of religion cash. Mark my word one day Kirks "righteous" ways will come crumbling down in scandal one day. Might not be today or tomorrow but it WILL HAPPEN. What's truly sad is that anyone takes this D List Celeb seriously with the words he spouts.

a fan

Kirk hasn't been Mike seaver in years folks. Kirk has really been a Christian and knows what he is talking about that Jesus IS Really Real.Because of Jesus Paying the price for your sins we really do have Heaven.Ask Jesus to come into your life and He will and will help you in every way.Thank God Christ is in mine.I was looking for Love in all the wrong places and Jesus really does Love me and forgives me and us .Jesus Is Love. hugs to all

CarrAlfred

I paid $32.67 for a XBOX 360... and my mom got a 17 inch Toshiba laptop for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by FedEX. I will never again pay expensive retail prices at stores. I even sold a 46 inch HDTV to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff, EatBids.com

Meanie

Why do we give a **** about Hawkings? This guy is being kept alive by technology... pull the plug already.

Mark

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed about proof"

Suck it, Kirk.