Mel Gibson -- Booed at Cannes for Something New

5/18/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson was booed like crazy while tooling around the Cannes Film Festival -- but it's TOTALLY not for the reason you would think ... or the OTHER reason you would think. Or the other ...

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

middleagedcrazy

Well, coming from the midwest -- Blackhawks were disappointing this year. Maybe the Wolves next year. Football is my passion and last season almost sent me into heart failure. I like the Wolves t-shirts because they are all extra-long and they cover up the kids, otherwise they are always wearing belly shirts.

@ Tell -- looking at the various media manipulations, including the boards has been the most fascinating education. Right now, the Daily Beast is my favorite of the editorial outlets.

Time for cheap wine because a kid is sitting over my shoulder commenting on my comment. Gaaaah!

Tee hee

Majestik

Sam less than a minute ago Maj

btw: you know I'm not a coward either. But, I did make a promise to play by their rules--that includes the report button. I KEEP promises that means the report button is part of my life now, like or not.
---------------

It's all good, hun. We all do what we have to do.

Majestik

Sam less than a minute ago LOL

thing is: Mel is the bigger star and he comes with all of us--click click click. lol :)
------------

LMFAO, you haven't seen a Brad and Ang thread lately. Quite a few Ang haters on the board, it's actually kinda fun watching the posters pick sides. At least those three are actors, we've only got one man and a grifter with an innocent child in the middle.

Frieda

@Hang in there Tell. They need to STFU and leave normal, intelligent people alone

Majestik

Blackhawks - wasn't the team that was disappointing, it's the management. They let all the wrong players go because of the salary cap. Then again, Niemi got the crap kicked out of him last night by the 'nucks' so not a great loss for the hawks.

Tellthetruth59

@MAC - I thought that Daily Beast article was very interesting and even more so in light of what is happening to Gibson. There were actually two pics of that series I believe (my opinion) are manipulated. There was one other one where it appears his shoulders were made to slope and his neck thickened to appear ape like. The rest of the photos seem untouched. So far we've seen Gibson getting slaughtered by UK critics immediately after positive Beaver reviews appeared on Twitter, altered bare chest photos, video of his Booing at Cannes for not stopping to speak.

Nobody else at Cannes seems to be having his problems. Do they?

Majestik

Sam about a minute ago Bigger star, baby :) Mel can carry it all by himself. THAT's talent. lol. Not near the number of crazy fraus hanging around to click for Pitt, like we'll click for Mel.
-------------

You know, you're right, compared to the amount of films that Pitt has done that he wasn't actually "THE STAR" and all the films Mel did, where he was "The Star" Mel beats him by a long shot. Besides, Mel is much better looking at 55 then Brad is, and he's what, in his mid fourties?

Frieda

@Tell It is so obvious the professional haters are at work even trying to make Mel look worse than he does. They're jealous and hate Christians especially rich ones. Others were booed and nothing is said about them.

Tellthetruth59

@Frieda - I do seem to be a magnet for something. In fact it's making me very uncomfortable and creeped out. I believe stalking and harassing people is a violation of TOS.

Frieda

@Tell It sure is. I hope the trolls' and their little buddies realize that Harvey wouldn't appreciate his boards being hijacked IF HE KNEW.
They'll be out a job pronto once the evidence is presented

Majestik

Sam about a minute ago I never thought much of Brad's looks (don't hit me :P) but I like lots of his movies.
-------

Strangely enough, the only movie I can really recall of Pitt's is "Legends of the Fall" I'm not even sure what other movies he's in, I'm not a Pitt fan as you can tell.

Tellthetruth59

@Frieda - gee I don't even have to mention names and people know who they are?

middleagedcrazy

Does anyone else think that Mr. Gibson made an inadvertent error when he didn't buy a media outlet? Since Ahnold had bought his NE and Star positions and was married to a media personality (NBC?), he had it all covered.

Nobody else thinks it is odd that the Gibson stuff has become personal attacks (both on him and other posters) rather than an analysis of the situation and the various potential crimes and lawsuits? A glance at the Ahnold threads is just personal attacks as well -- isn't anyone intelligent enough to comment on the potential crimes and/or moral issues?

Bleah.

Tee hee

kkg

Gone for a week; nothing's changed. Still the same tedious and childish taunting and name calling.

Going with my sister see The Beaver Sunday evening at one of the local 'art house' theaters, which is the only place in the Cities showing it. As I've stated before, I'm not much of a Mel Gibson fan, but I am looking forward to watching this thoughtful, and by most accounts, moving performance by Mr Gibson. I'm so pleased to hear Ms Foster was greeted with such warmth and appreciation at Cannes. She is a lovely and gracious person.

Kathleen

kkg

Looks like Granny was banned. Again. Must have been the midol misogyny. And, nope, it wasn't me. I prefer to kick him myself.

Kathleen