« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Sugar Ray Leonard -- I Was Sexually Abused

5/18/2011 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Legenday fighter Sugar Ray Leonard says he was molested by a "prominent Olympic boxing coach" back when he was 15 years old ... and says the incident has "haunted me for life."

0518_sugar_ray_BN_Getty_01

Leonard reveals his story in his upcoming biography, "The Big Fight: My Life In and Out of the Ring’ -- in which he explains the coach "unzipped my pants and put his hand, then mouth, on an area that has haunted me for life."

He continues, "I didn't scream. I didn’t look at him. I just opened the door and ran."

Leonard never identifies the coach -- but claims the man has since passed away.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

noneofyourbusiness

Very sad. So many adults who children look up to for support take advantage and that makes me ANGRY.

Ashera

It happens to so many ppl.. it's sickening. I wish him the best in finally being able to reveal it.

ron

This is what happens when no one cares about your life anymore. CLAIM you were molested. And better yet the so called molester is DEAD.

How many celebs have done this. COUNT THEM. bUNCH OF bs

Todd

He needs the money, it will sell more books.

Italia

Seems like everybody coming out with a new book ALL claim they were sexually abused. I think some celebrities falsely make that claim in order to sell books.

duhwinner

his "area" has haunted him for life ?

dude

duhwinner - yeah I thought the same thing ha ha! So what does that mean, everytime he takes a piss and sees his purple headed monster he is haunted by an old man sucking his pee pee? That must suck!

Gretchen

The Let Go...Let Peace Come In Foundation is a nonprofit with a mission to help heal and support adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse worldwide. We are actively seeking adult survivors who would be willing to post a childhood photo and caption, their story, or their creative expressions to our website www.letgoletpeacecomein.org. By uniting survivors from across the globe we can help provide a stronger and more powerful voice to those survivors who have not yet found the courage to speak out. We also have a prepared a youtube video that can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4PDC03Gl2k. Together we can; together we should; together we NEED to stand up and be counted. Please visit our site for more details on how you can send us your submissions.

Thank you for everything you do!

Gretchen Paules
Administrative Director
Let Go...Let Peace Come In Foundation
630 W. Germantown Pike; Suite 180
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462

confused in k-town

It took a lot of courage to admit this abuse Mr. Leonard. Can't imagine the horrors of having to live with that secret. Thanks for finally exposing this crime as it may give others in the same situation enough courage to come forward. You're a very cool dude.

dude

Yeah i was touched sexually too as a child - by a teenage female baby sitter. Its all good though, she showed me her boobs and touched my penis. I used to get hard ons at age 5 and always looked forward to her coming over so i could see her private parts. Good times!

maggie

I never knew there were so many child molesters in this world! Everytime I turn around, someone is admitting to being molested. Its a wonder these "stars" every made it anywhere.

Jim in Cali

Well you stole the middleweight championship of Marvin Hagler because of incompetent judges so it all evens out.

richard

Must be lovely out there in crackville Ray ! I cannot believe that anybody would want to buy this book ! Obvious lies ! What a loser ! I agree with the imcompetent judges too

joan

That is really sad, I wonder why he never said anything before? I cannot imagine what it was like for him as a child having to face his molestor. These people should be hanged by the balls!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments