Zsa Zsa Gabor Falls Into a Coma

5/18/2011 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Zsa Zsa Gabor has slipped into a coma after being rushed to an L.A. hospital yesterday for emergency stomach surgery ... this according to her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt.

Zsa Zsa Gabor Coma

The Prince tells us the 94-year-old star has been unresponsive since 2AM this morning.

Zsa Zsa was rushed to the hospital yesterday where doctors performed emergency surgery to repair a "major infection in her stomach" caused by a feeding tube.

Story developing ...

smileandshine

94 years old that's a long time to walk this earth! And the picture TMZ are using on here she looks beautiful for her older age. Is she related to Paris Hilton?

Prince Eugene von Saxe-Coburg-Gotha

The Prince will stop at nothing to keep her alive. Without her, he's a nobody. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she overcomes this and lives for another 2-3 years after many similar crises. She has the best health care. He will keep her alive in a coma for 3 years if necessary to extend his stay in that house and keep earning bucks off her name.

Carrie

They should let her go. She's lived a long and wonderful life, longer than most people get. Her quality of life is gone; I wouldn't want to suffer like that.

JMJ

Let the poor soul go.

Dori

Zsa Zsa you are a amazing woman. So strong and willful I admire you. Please, just rest you deserve it. My prayers are with you.

PRO US

Hasn't this poor rich woman suffered enough? This reminds me of Saturday Night Live skits about Franco still being dead except she's always suffering one health crisis or another. What's the point of extending life when there is no quality of life? Maybe she's hasn't been mentally competent or even conscious to make that call, and who can trust her Count Von A-hole husband to do anything in her interest?

dramaq18

It is sad, but if I had to guess I'd say she suffers from Alzheimer's. All of the reports of her back and forth hospital visits suggest it, at least to anyone who has ever lost a loved one to the disease. It is incredibly hard to let go of those you love, but at some point you have to realize it is time. I hope she finds peace soon, whatever that may mean.

God-Of-Lyf

Tick Tock!

Criss

Sucks, but what can you do?

Muppet

My heart aches for this woman suffering so horribly. Her husband uses her suffering for tabloid fodder. He has no shame.

RealityBites

He's a jerk, keeping her daughter away, why? he's already made sure he'll get every dime she has so what's he worried about? He's a worthless piece of crap.

Juliette

So sorry, I remember seeing you at LaScala, I was 23 years old.
You were so beautiful. Years later we had something in common.

Say hello to Ron, when you get to heaven ,for me.

kevin

That was Eva in Green Acers, not zsa zsa.

jb

let her go home to rest in peace

zsa

It's ok dahling, karma will bite all you mean spirited people in the bummy.