Botox Mom:

I MADE IT ALL UP

FOR MONEY!

5/19/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The woman who went on "Good Morning America," claiming she injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox, now swears under oath ... she made the entire story up for a few hundred bucks.

Kerry Campbell Botox

TMZ has obtained a sworn declaration written by Sheena Upton, who claims she was recently approached by the British tabloid, The Sun, and asked "to play the role of Kerry Campbell" for a story called "I Give My 8-Year-Old Daughter Botox."

Upton now confesses The Sun paid her $200 adding, "I was provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview."

After the story ran in The Sun, Upton says she was approached by "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" and claims she was offered  "a large fee" to appear on camera.  She went on both shows and re-told her story.

After the interview, child welfare officials took Upton's daughter away.

Upton now admits in her declaration, "The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant."

Upton says professionals agree with her declaration, because on May 17, she took her daughter to the UCLA Medical Center and says, "After my daughter received a full medical exam, the results indicated that she has not ever received treatments including Botox or other such injections."

We're told the UCLA reports were forwarded to child welfare officials, who then returned Upton's daughter to her, with the provison that a cousin would stay with her and the child for the time being.

As for "Good Morning America" -- sources connected with Upton claim she was promised $10,000 to appear.  We do not know how much she was offered for "Inside Edition."

As for the declaration -- signed under penalty of perjury -- we're told Upton wrote it so her lawyer can secure full rights to custody of her daughter.

An ABC News insider tells TMZ, "There is no truth to the story about compensation, but they did pay a broker no more than $10,000 to license photos."

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT: An ABC News spokesman tells us, "We have just seen the sworn declaration on TMZ written by Sheena Upton, a.k.a. Kerry Campbell , and are vigorously investigating her most recent statement and rapidly shifting story."

The rep continues, "Good Morning America has repeatedly questioned Upton, members of her family, and other sources who again and again stood by the Botox story."

"Good Morning America is solely interested in getting to the truth and will share with our audience any new information that we find."

Graphiczar

Another fine example of why I gave up watching TV years ago.

joy

A perfect example of what happens when one gives birth before one can emotionally and financially raise a child. Just because you can have a child, doesn't mean that you should.

patardugno

I didn't even comment on this story when it broke, because it was so screwed up. I figured what's the point of telling her how nutz that is, the authorities & the other stage mothers would have a fit & stop her.
Now, I'm just relieved that she was lieing. For the money? She knew it would get her more than $200.oo, & now it will probably get her even more. She'll have to go on the "Why did you do it circuit."
What did she teach her daughter?
There's more than 1 way to make an @$$ of yourself & a buck!

lin

Well THAT fricking backfired, didn't it?? What a moron to go along with such a scam without thinking she might get her child taken from her. I mean, come on, giving botox injections to an 8 year old, and she didn't think that would be abusive?? The Sun ought to SHUT DOWN, that stupid dirty rag. And she does't desrve her child for teaching her such scamming ways.

Typoking

Justin: Let's see here...She was paid..by a company...a magazine company...to do this little 'publicity stunt'. She was likely thinking about putting food in her kids belly and keeping the roof over their heads in this ****ed up economy we are in. How is it ~her~ fault that the news media decided to take her story and run with it without checking the facts?

Answer. It's ~not~ her fault. News Media have a ~RESPONSIBILITY~ to report the ~truth~, and when they fail to do so, it's on them. Not the person whose lies they decided to believe without finding out the facts. It's the media's fault for falling for it. Not hers. And now a magazinne has some major publicity, and this woman and her child have some money to last them a little while for food and shelter.

I'd say that's one helluva good compromise. We've also learned something. The media are a bunch of idiots.

Calling me amoral. pleaaase.

How about when you tell your kids little white lies so you don't have to explain yourself to them when you do something you shouldn't or break a promise because you don't feel like doing something?

You seem to be trying to come off as some moral crusader who's never lied to a kid. You're not perfect, and expecting another human being to be perfect is wrong.

Also, You know what's worse than a little botox, even if it were true (Which it apparently isn't, since there are doctor's sworn affidavits to prove it)? Parents who put their 7 year old daughters in ****ing ~CORSETS~. Yes. You heard me. Corsets. There are parents out there who are willing to permanently damage their children's bodies for a chance at glory.

You want to be a crusader against immoral behavior, start with these parents who ~push~ their kids into pageantry. These sick, twisted ****ers who decide that beauty is everything and cause their children to grow up with an off-kilter perspective of self-worth and self-image. Not all children want to be a 'pretty pretty princess', regardless of what their parents put them through.

I'm not saying that all parents are lying sacks of ****, but some of them are, and some of them lie for the benefit of their offspring.

You want to talk about morality with me, I've got allll ****in' night, bud.

Where do you get off calling me amoral?

~I~ wouldn't lie to my child to save my own bacon. I wouldn't shelter them from the world, because at some point, they're going out ~into~ that world, on their own. And the more knowledge they have and the more facts they know beforehand, the better off they are going to be for it.

You should never keep secrets from your children. They'll grow up some day, and you'll have to face them when they find out you've lied to them and betrayed their trust in you.

It seems to me that money is the bottom line. I don't like it. I hate money. I hate that we need it to survive in a 'civilized' country. But unfortunately, it's a necessity,and when you're out of money, and need to feed your kid, you'll do whatever it takes to do just that. Even lie to the media.

thegrrrr8est

What a vile piece of horse dung. She should be sterilized for lacking any sense of decency.

Junky55

What an incredibly stupid woman. I'm guessing the consequences of this little stunt never even occurred to her.

spicemonkey259

Think how much they would've paid her if she'd gone on the air and said that The Sun paid her $200 to make the whole thing up.

maralioness

How can you stoop so low...totally unacceptable that one can do this...for the money! Your child...Do you realize you are just a custodian of that child that God has given you? Shameful utterly shameful!

Get Real

Same crap goes on for Oprah and other similar shows. If you live in Hollywood and read the trades, you see advertisements for all sorts of crazy characters she wants to have portrayed on her show. People with dreams of becoming actors audition just to get in front of a camera. Anyone who thinks those crazy characters are for real is seriously naive. They are all made up.

kim

$200....you skanky piece of you know what.
Women like you are the reason this country needs to keep abortion legal.
Support NOW...

Nolan

I have to say in defence of the woman, she isn't the instigator of this situation. I would blame these tabloids most of all (I don't read most of the crap anyways on those stupid magazines fortunately). Money is like heroin; once you suc***b to it, it's hard to stop the greed from controlling your life.

Po-ta-to

Stupid whore.

Brian

Have you people ever heard of ACTING. As in actors, actresses, you know, people in movies who perform for money. How is it any different? It would be the same as saying Dakota Fanning's parents are bad parents because they let their daughter get raped in the movie Hounddog. She wasn't raped, she was acting. (Although some people probably do believe they are bad parents.)

bob hill

Clearly an Obama supporter...