Botox Mom:

I MADE IT ALL UP

FOR MONEY!

5/19/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The woman who went on "Good Morning America," claiming she injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox, now swears under oath ... she made the entire story up for a few hundred bucks.

Kerry Campbell Botox

TMZ has obtained a sworn declaration written by Sheena Upton, who claims she was recently approached by the British tabloid, The Sun, and asked "to play the role of Kerry Campbell" for a story called "I Give My 8-Year-Old Daughter Botox."

Upton now confesses The Sun paid her $200 adding, "I was provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview."

After the story ran in The Sun, Upton says she was approached by "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" and claims she was offered  "a large fee" to appear on camera.  She went on both shows and re-told her story.

After the interview, child welfare officials took Upton's daughter away.

Upton now admits in her declaration, "The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant."

Upton says professionals agree with her declaration, because on May 17, she took her daughter to the UCLA Medical Center and says, "After my daughter received a full medical exam, the results indicated that she has not ever received treatments including Botox or other such injections."

We're told the UCLA reports were forwarded to child welfare officials, who then returned Upton's daughter to her, with the provison that a cousin would stay with her and the child for the time being.

As for "Good Morning America" -- sources connected with Upton claim she was promised $10,000 to appear.  We do not know how much she was offered for "Inside Edition."

As for the declaration -- signed under penalty of perjury -- we're told Upton wrote it so her lawyer can secure full rights to custody of her daughter.

An ABC News insider tells TMZ, "There is no truth to the story about compensation, but they did pay a broker no more than $10,000 to license photos."

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT: An ABC News spokesman tells us, "We have just seen the sworn declaration on TMZ written by Sheena Upton, a.k.a. Kerry Campbell , and are vigorously investigating her most recent statement and rapidly shifting story."

The rep continues, "Good Morning America has repeatedly questioned Upton, members of her family, and other sources who again and again stood by the Botox story."

"Good Morning America is solely interested in getting to the truth and will share with our audience any new information that we find."

Chakakana

Dont hate the hustler hate the game....lol

Brian

Have you people ever heard of ACTING. As in actors, actresses, you know, people in movies who perform for money. How is it any different? It would be the same as saying Dakota Fanning's parents are bad parents because they let their daughter get raped in the movie Hounddog. She wasn't raped, she was acting. (Although some people probably do believe they are bad parents.)

I cant lie, I fell for it too. After reading the article, I immediately called my 2 year old's pediatrician and asked about Botox for my baby girl. The doctor didn't act like it was any big deal and we have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Those little wrinkles they get from sleeping with their face on a crease in a sheet are so unattractive. Does anybody know if a pediatrician can do a waxing? You know, for the bikini line. It's almost swimsuit season.

cathy

I made it all up for money! she sounds like a politician!

MeLu

Here's the thing - regardless if she did or didn't give the child botox the fact is she used her kid for money. That alone should give CPS the right to take the little girl away and keep the child away. It's obvious the mother doesn't have the child's interest at heart.

Chakakana

OMG people she was hard up for money. What would you do if you were struggling for a few extra bucks? She didnt mean for it to be a world wide issue. She told the truth under oath. It sure beats selling drugs or prostituting herself. lol

CJ

When I first saw it on TV, on GMA, the first thing I thought was, this little girl has crooked teeth - - I'm sorry but how would this mother think she, the little girl, could win a beauty contest with crooked teeth ? That sounds vain but I am sure that it is part of the "beauty" contest thoughts of the judges.
Now since the truth has come out, well, all I can say is that this "mother" will not win "Mother of The Year" in a good way, only in a bad way !!!!! I wonder what the mother told this little girl about all the untrue things she was saying on camera ??? Really sad.

lawman

Trailer park white trash.

david

you mean to tell me i have been lying all these years for FREE when i could have been making thousands of $ for my lies?
Damnit!! who has the contact info for the SUN?
I have a millions of $ worth of NEWS for them.
my dog smokes weeds and than farts the theme to the tv show MASH once he gets high. (haha).
PAY ME!!!!!!!

Tamara Fulton

Either way she is crazy and performing a form of child abuse by injecting her daughter with God knows what or no reason! It was on Video for Pete's sake! The camera isn't lying! She deserves to have her kid taken away from her foe exploiting her child like she did!

Gdubya

elvis is living in my attic . can anyone get me in touch with Good Morning America ?

bigddok

WOW I WATCHED THE VIDEO AND COULDNT BELEIVE IT!!!!>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc9TFVygV80 :(:)

Pimp Daddy

She still STUCK the kid with a needle.No matter the reason she still caused stress and pain to the child.Ball bat to her head should = the pain.All pageant freaks take note. you will loose your kids if you keep dressing them up like road whores and letting strangers tell them if there ugly.unreal how these mothers do this.

iris

I don't believe it at all I think people are so awful with there damn nastiness, those pictures sure don't look like they are fake just goes to show how people really are nuts,liars and everything else. I don't believe it though.

JWolf

This woman needs the **** kicked outta her.

HonestAbe

There is a great article about this story from a former ABC News anchor here: http://bit.ly/mfRfC6