Botox Mom:

I MADE IT ALL UP

FOR MONEY!

5/19/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The woman who went on "Good Morning America," claiming she injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox, now swears under oath ... she made the entire story up for a few hundred bucks.

Kerry Campbell Botox

TMZ has obtained a sworn declaration written by Sheena Upton, who claims she was recently approached by the British tabloid, The Sun, and asked "to play the role of Kerry Campbell" for a story called "I Give My 8-Year-Old Daughter Botox."

Upton now confesses The Sun paid her $200 adding, "I was provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview."

After the story ran in The Sun, Upton says she was approached by "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" and claims she was offered  "a large fee" to appear on camera.  She went on both shows and re-told her story.

After the interview, child welfare officials took Upton's daughter away.

Upton now admits in her declaration, "The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant."

Upton says professionals agree with her declaration, because on May 17, she took her daughter to the UCLA Medical Center and says, "After my daughter received a full medical exam, the results indicated that she has not ever received treatments including Botox or other such injections."

We're told the UCLA reports were forwarded to child welfare officials, who then returned Upton's daughter to her, with the provison that a cousin would stay with her and the child for the time being.

As for "Good Morning America" -- sources connected with Upton claim she was promised $10,000 to appear.  We do not know how much she was offered for "Inside Edition."

As for the declaration -- signed under penalty of perjury -- we're told Upton wrote it so her lawyer can secure full rights to custody of her daughter.

An ABC News insider tells TMZ, "There is no truth to the story about compensation, but they did pay a broker no more than $10,000 to license photos."

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT: An ABC News spokesman tells us, "We have just seen the sworn declaration on TMZ written by Sheena Upton, a.k.a. Kerry Campbell , and are vigorously investigating her most recent statement and rapidly shifting story."

The rep continues, "Good Morning America has repeatedly questioned Upton, members of her family, and other sources who again and again stood by the Botox story."

"Good Morning America is solely interested in getting to the truth and will share with our audience any new information that we find."

Dawn

If she deserves to lose her kid for trying to make money by putting her on tv then so does Kate (+8)

Karebear

So, according to her new story, she didn't give the child botox. So what was in the needle that she was injecting her face with? That's great parenting.. Giving your child a shot in the face for money.. Sounds like the mom of the year to me. That is just sick. That poor little girl, I do not believe it.. and frankly, I don't know which is worse, actually giving your child botox injections, or pretending to give her botox injections.. and injecting her with something else. Making that little girl go on television and tell this story is wrong no matter what the truth is. I think she is a horrible parent and the child is in imminent danger. If she's willing to do this for money, what else is she willing to do??

Grace

I don't believe for a moment she made it up. She is a sick woman and the child should not have been given back to her.

kim

Please hospitalize this woman. STAT

marion61

Wait a minute... How did The Sun "approach" this woman? Why her? How? There is more than meets the eye to this story and it all stinks rotten.

laura

How do you expect me to believe not only a LIAR, but a GREEDY LIAR?
Child Services? Straighten this b!tch out

DaveR

Just think, in a few more years mom can make some REAL money pimping out her daughter on the streets. That's some FINE parenting going on there.

Ellen

UNBELEIVABLE!!! I am so curious as to how the pictures/video of her injecting her child were faked. All of this for $200. This woman needs to have her brain botoxed. I feel so sorry for the daughter who was forced to go on TV, numerous time, and lie for money. Good job mom.

Shelly

There are some crazy people out there who will do anything for a little bit of money, not thinking about the consequences.

nox

What about all those families that put their kids on tv? She's not the first to exploit her family for money. Unless those families lose their kids too she shouldn't either.

Fisty

Felt like a hoax from the beginning and folks like Howard Stern had called it for what it was when it initially broke.

tina

This is worse than the botox. she used her child for money and had her lie. How disgusting.

Fallopia Lopez

Whatta POS.

hello

This whole thing is just so wrong. I wonder if she tells her daughter it is wrong to lie, but it is ok to lie if you get paid for it. It is wrong if she was really giving her daughter botox, but it is just as wrong if she had her daughter lie about it. How does anyone know if the mom is telling the truth about making the whole thing up? She should not be allowed to be around children at all. The only one that suffered for what this witch did is her daughter. She is the only one I feel sorry for.

Todd

Am I the only one who thought this was BS from day one. That kid is to fat and ugly to be in a beauty pageant. Sorry to be blunt, but I'm know I'm not the only one to notice.