Botox Mom:

I MADE IT ALL UP

FOR MONEY!

5/19/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The woman who went on "Good Morning America," claiming she injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox, now swears under oath ... she made the entire story up for a few hundred bucks.

Kerry Campbell Botox

TMZ has obtained a sworn declaration written by Sheena Upton, who claims she was recently approached by the British tabloid, The Sun, and asked "to play the role of Kerry Campbell" for a story called "I Give My 8-Year-Old Daughter Botox."

Upton now confesses The Sun paid her $200 adding, "I was provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview."

After the story ran in The Sun, Upton says she was approached by "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" and claims she was offered  "a large fee" to appear on camera.  She went on both shows and re-told her story.

After the interview, child welfare officials took Upton's daughter away.

Upton now admits in her declaration, "The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant."

Upton says professionals agree with her declaration, because on May 17, she took her daughter to the UCLA Medical Center and says, "After my daughter received a full medical exam, the results indicated that she has not ever received treatments including Botox or other such injections."

We're told the UCLA reports were forwarded to child welfare officials, who then returned Upton's daughter to her, with the provison that a cousin would stay with her and the child for the time being.

As for "Good Morning America" -- sources connected with Upton claim she was promised $10,000 to appear.  We do not know how much she was offered for "Inside Edition."

As for the declaration -- signed under penalty of perjury -- we're told Upton wrote it so her lawyer can secure full rights to custody of her daughter.

An ABC News insider tells TMZ, "There is no truth to the story about compensation, but they did pay a broker no more than $10,000 to license photos."

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT: An ABC News spokesman tells us, "We have just seen the sworn declaration on TMZ written by Sheena Upton, a.k.a. Kerry Campbell , and are vigorously investigating her most recent statement and rapidly shifting story."

The rep continues, "Good Morning America has repeatedly questioned Upton, members of her family, and other sources who again and again stood by the Botox story."

"Good Morning America is solely interested in getting to the truth and will share with our audience any new information that we find."

Yolanda

REGARDLESS: what about the photos of you STICKING A NEEDLE INTO UR KID'S Head????? That's abuse also you dingbat. I hope u got paid enough as it will NOW be used for legal fees.

Anson

They should fine her for over $10,000 so she gets nothing out of it lol

michael

so she got her daughter to help her lie to the world for money??

Patti

I don't care what her name is, the child should be permanently removed from her care. What kind of a mother would do that. That is child abuse in the purest sense of the word. She is sick and needs long term care.

cbears

@ Todd, are you Rico and just keep changing your name? Why, as you put it, be so "BLUNT" about the child? It obvious you have many ISSUES and INSECURITIES also!

Jenn

I don't understand. There is VIDEO of her shoving needles into her daughter's face... How could she have "made it up" when there is video of her doing it??!

Hot Blooded

If she's telling the truth she had to have known that this story had potential to spiral out of control and she could lose her daughter because of it. Was it worth the money, really?

Annoyed

Please stop with the automatic playing of the video. I already saw this report live and if I want to watch it again, I will play it. I had to mute my speakers, so I could listen to my itunes.

This wonen is horrible

clintharless53

WHAT !! I do not know how she got the child back so fast?? If she did it Hang Her Up to DRY.

sickofit

Let's teach our children to lie.
Still we did see her inject something into the child's face. What was that stuff?

Rico

Hey, cbears, put on your glasses and get a reality check...unfortunately, the kid is plump and homely. I do not like pageants and would outlaw them if I had the authority...but this plain kid would never have a chance, and that is how I knew it was a scam from the start! The mother is cruel if she gave the kid the idea she was pretty and talented and could win any beauty contest...kind of like encouraging a quadraplegic to take up tapdancing...it just ain't gonna happen!

RobinPickles

Sure looks like she is jamming that needle in her kids face...thats enough for me...

oralalex

She's Lying! She just wants More Publicity and the Brat back!

irish35

IF the hospital ran tests and medical report shows there has never been botex injected into this child, then in that aspect the mother was telling the truth. However, to even take money, exploit your child and pretend to inject something into her is just low. So, even if she is telling the truth, and the story was made up, just to make money, then in my opinion this is a very bad mother. God help that little girl.

wescus

Are all of you really so gullible? What about the people that appear on Springer and Maury Povich? Do you think those stories are real too? Just because its on TV or the internet it has to be true...Really? The news media bombards you with stories 24/7 that are, at best, only half truths... I work in a profession that deals in facts and quite often see stories that I had some involvement in on the news. These stories are never completely accurate and most times not even half accurate. Modern news media outlets are pimped out for a variety of causes and rarely have an interest in reporting facts...