Danielle Staub QUITS Stripping -- I Need Mental Help

5/19/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub says she has officially quit her new job as a stripper -- and has reached out to Dr. Drew Pinsky to help resolve her psychological problems.

0519_danielle_staub_bn_tmz

TMZ broke the story ... Staub signed a 3-year deal with Scores Gentlemen's Club in NYC recently ... but after we posted the photos, Danielle had a change of heart.

Staub tells People.com, "I have addictions with love and low self-esteem, and I need help!"

She added, "My low self-esteem derived from childhood sexual abuse and has messed with my mind and self-worth, and over the years I thought about getting help but pushed it deep into the depths of denial."

"For years I have had the suicide hotline on my cell phone and would like nothing more than to free myself from this constant pressure."

"Seeing how I have hurt myself and my family this time, I can no longer push it behind me."

So far, no word if Dr. Drew will meet with Staub.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! Duh!

Kiko

Lookatme-ism is not a health issue. The only thing she's a victim of is her own self-importance.

I am Spartacus

why does TMZ always use photos of people while theyre blinking or use the worst photos they can find? Is it to make themselves feel better? It doesnt change the fact that Max is a pickle sniffer, the blonde girl is a ugly bitch, the fat guy with the hat is an idiot and the black girl is hidden behind a desk because she's big. There hows that feel?

Snerkles

Oh, Pinsky will meet with her, alright. Media whore meet media whore.

laneyssis

Oh Lord, here we go.she is setting the stage for her admission to celeb rehab...please Dr Drew, do NOT fall for this!

Kathy

Always excuses. Stay out of the camera eye and help yourself. But, that's not what these people are about--is it?

VictoriaGirl

TMZ can you PLEASE stop putting pictures of her on your website? She is HIDIOUS! I wonder how much she had to paid to have her face f**ked up like that? Whoever her plastic surgeon is should have their license taken away because he/she mutilated her face.

Phreaky

LMAO. In other words, "My stripping gig was supposed to be secret, but now that everyone knows, I need 'rehab'".
She is trash.

Phreaky

Put her picture up next to a picture of The Grinch. They would look like brother/sister.

Michelle

Does this lady have no scruples? Her daughter's must be in hell having to live with this woman. No one signs a 3 year deal to strip without knowing that it's gonna get out, especially if knowing her she leaked the info herself! Maybe she does need help but seeking out Dr Drew is not the best option. She needs real therapy not tv therapy. I will say a prayer for her kids, they need to get away from her and her crazy!

cheri

She's been hunting for a reality show to be on since she was kicked off the Real Housewives. I think the whole stripper thing was a setup to claim "addiction" and "issues" so that she could get on Celebrity Rehab. The tragedy is that it will probably work.

Nikki

NOW FOR KELLY ON RHONY TO ADMIT That she needs help

Rotter

Goofy gash!!

justsaying

Geez! Not again. Is there one.......just one.....white female who wasn't sexually molested as a child? Everytime I turn around, there's one on Oprah, 60 minutes, nightline, e.t.c. who dosen't have some sort of sob story about her dad or uncle or dad's friend. This dosen't even add up to the law of averages.

RealityBites

This is so funny it borders on sad....this woman is sick, she blames everything on everyone else, plays the victim, if you watched RHONJ she never took responsibility for anything she did....now that everyone was laughing at her she says she needs help, this is the woman who said her husband raped her on broken glass....pluh-eze! Go away woman, you 15 minutes are over and we don't want to see your face anymore!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments