Danielle Staub QUITS Stripping -- I Need Mental Help

5/19/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub says she has officially quit her new job as a stripper -- and has reached out to Dr. Drew Pinsky to help resolve her psychological problems.

0519_danielle_staub_bn_tmz

TMZ broke the story ... Staub signed a 3-year deal with Scores Gentlemen's Club in NYC recently ... but after we posted the photos, Danielle had a change of heart.

Staub tells People.com, "I have addictions with love and low self-esteem, and I need help!"

She added, "My low self-esteem derived from childhood sexual abuse and has messed with my mind and self-worth, and over the years I thought about getting help but pushed it deep into the depths of denial."

"For years I have had the suicide hotline on my cell phone and would like nothing more than to free myself from this constant pressure."

"Seeing how I have hurt myself and my family this time, I can no longer push it behind me."

So far, no word if Dr. Drew will meet with Staub.

mm

Someone please tell this publicity seeking fame whore that her 15 minutes are over!!!!!!!

Janine

Danielle, first of all, you look great for your age and have a great style.

Right now, focus on being a good mother and growing spiritually into a better women with good morals, and then I think better things will come your way in life.

lindaGNV

Please take her away. She's messed up bad. I feel so very sorry for her children. There is not one good thing about her or in her. She will do ANYTHING to be in the limelight. Don't feed into it. Go away pitiful person.

lindaGNV

nyc44th

A fame whore going to Dr. Drew for help for press, or possibly to be on Celebrity Rehab etc? If you really want recovery . . there are thousands of doctors / recovery centers etc w/o tv shows better then Dr. Drew. Nor do you have to have press releases about 'seeking recovery'. I have 19 years clean . . I'm highly unimpressed w/ Dr. Drew. He is just one more reality tv person in my book seeking situations for good 'tv'.

Tamara

Your 15 minutes are up! Get over it!

socaltrick

you don't need mental help. you need legal help. SCORES stills owns your dumb a$$! and will for some time to come. can you say- breach of contract?

Beaners

Oh please, she is addicted to the media attention is all it is...

MoonDust

Why does it seem that eveyone in Hollywood claims "sexual abuse", eveytime they put a book out or promoting something...This is clearly a sick trend. I just don't believe them anymore.

Violette-Blue

Oooh. Celebrity Rehab #10000??!! I'd watch if this trainwreck is one it. In all seriousness, I do hope she gets the help she needs. I feel for her beautiful children.

CrisDizzle

Dr. Drew meet your new patient on Celebrity Rehab!

shelley

Oh dear, God! really? are you kidding me? Addicted to low-self esteem. You are addicted to nothing but trying to squeeze out any moments of 'celebrity status' you can.

Caleigh

We all are responsible for our actions, maybe she should have thought about what her life had been like up until RHNJ came a calling, because with a past like hers, and having daughters, being on the housewives was probably not the best idea.

Sweetie your 15 minutes are up! Take your sorry bony butt and find a medical professional who is NOT on TV and deal with your mental issues.

Paulie

I call BS, was she even a stripper or was that just another stunt? I didn't see anybody other than her in the stripper pics...people will do ANYTHING to stay in the spotlight...look at Sheen, Heidi/Spencer, Lohans, and just about every reality "star" that hit the screen, to hell with them all, they made their riches from us fools watching their pathetic "acting".

INmommy

PLEASE MAKE HER GO AWAY TMZ!! I mean come on there has go to be better stories out there than a ex-RHONJ come on I couldn't stand her on the show from day 1 & can't stand anymore "news" or updates on her!! Ban her from the show/website your doing all of us a favor!