Danielle Staub QUITS Stripping -- I Need Mental Help

5/19/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub says she has officially quit her new job as a stripper -- and has reached out to Dr. Drew Pinsky to help resolve her psychological problems.

0519_danielle_staub_bn_tmz

TMZ broke the story ... Staub signed a 3-year deal with Scores Gentlemen's Club in NYC recently ... but after we posted the photos, Danielle had a change of heart.

Staub tells People.com, "I have addictions with love and low self-esteem, and I need help!"

She added, "My low self-esteem derived from childhood sexual abuse and has messed with my mind and self-worth, and over the years I thought about getting help but pushed it deep into the depths of denial."

"For years I have had the suicide hotline on my cell phone and would like nothing more than to free myself from this constant pressure."

"Seeing how I have hurt myself and my family this time, I can no longer push it behind me."

So far, no word if Dr. Drew will meet with Staub.

chucklehead

as soon as danielle comes to terms that she is horse, the happier she will be.

chicagannie

Disgusting woman. What kind of drugs is she on? And...hopefully DCFS is checking on the welfare of her young daughters.

Justme

Can you say rode hard and put up NASTY.

Miike about one hour ago

___________________________________________________________

LOL!! I know several people that could apply to, and most of them do seem to wind up on these fake reality shows. Tore up from the floor up!

Sherms

Such a disgusting, psychotic, lying piece of trash.

SantaFeJack

If her statement about keeping the suicide hotlne number in her cell phone is true, I think this woman is the genuine article, and needs all the help she can get. Publicity-seeker, too, well, of course, but that's what reality television is all about. Producers seek out and exploit the nut cases...they are the train wrecks audiences want to watch.

6one9

Ev1 has issues!! Too bad you let your whole life go by to get yourself ``` out ``` of denial land!! good luck!

Carl

Good. If I saw her strip I'd probably vomit. A night out at the strip club should not leave patrons with PTSD.

DW Wood

I wonder if desperation caused from your 15 minutes of spotlight being expired is covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.....what a loser she is.

Sammy

I hope she gets the help she needs. She is a very screwed up person.

Snerkles

Good Call, Nikki! Maybe RHNY "star" Kelly, and RHNJ Danielle
can get a group discount;)

HarveysCup

She should stop blaming everyone else for her problems. I feel bad for her kids. Hope she doesnt have custody of them to be honest.

She is disgusting. I wonder what her kids really think of her?

Rob Base

I know this isn't the popular opinion but I truly believe in what she is talking about. Low self esteem is a serious issue. I wish her all the best in her recovery. Beauty in a person is what is inside. For her sake I hope all of those things are true because she is ugly, old, has a body of a 75 year old with t**ts from silicon valley and a face made of botox from a Mexican pharmacy. I heard you have a sex tape. I guess if you are performing sex and its is being taped than in a literal sense it is a sex tape but that can also be true of whale's or elephants having sex on tape. That does't mean that you are attractive, people like you, or you have a nice body. Try being what you are " Grandma"!

banana

....she needs more help that Dr. Drew.

She needs to be kicked off housewives. (I can't watch b/c of her crazy- constant pathological lies!)

shamon

Geeeezzzz
could she be more obvious and transparent in her attempt to get on another 'reality' show?

I hope she gets what she deserves...it be completely ignored.

rjp3

justsaying --- it is like 50% of girls and 33% of boys are molested in America -