Danielle Staub QUITS Stripping -- I Need Mental Help

5/19/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub says she has officially quit her new job as a stripper -- and has reached out to Dr. Drew Pinsky to help resolve her psychological problems.

0519_danielle_staub_bn_tmz

TMZ broke the story ... Staub signed a 3-year deal with Scores Gentlemen's Club in NYC recently ... but after we posted the photos, Danielle had a change of heart.

Staub tells People.com, "I have addictions with love and low self-esteem, and I need help!"

She added, "My low self-esteem derived from childhood sexual abuse and has messed with my mind and self-worth, and over the years I thought about getting help but pushed it deep into the depths of denial."

"For years I have had the suicide hotline on my cell phone and would like nothing more than to free myself from this constant pressure."

"Seeing how I have hurt myself and my family this time, I can no longer push it behind me."

So far, no word if Dr. Drew will meet with Staub.

WatcherOne

Dr. Drew? Bwhahahaha! I hadn't realized he was the last therapist on the face of the earth...She is pathetic in her quest for fame. We see right through you, you imbecile.

Shanan Li

Ok, lets have Dr. Drew take her. After all,he has helped Mike Starr and Jeff Conaway!! Maybe DS can be his next sucess Rehab Celeb. It is funny, how this was the week RHONY started up and they had more viewers then ever!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

She needed help 30 years ago. NOW she decides to get it? The only thing I hope is that her kids grow up well adjusted. They seem to be so far, but the teen years roil up a bunch of crap that sometimes does not go away, & Danielle picked a f****d up time to start all this nonsense. She has, as far as I can see, always thought of herself first before her kids, & has an ulterior motive for everything she does & says. Kids, as soon as you hit 18, do yourself a favor & beat it!

SUNIA3

It already came to light that nearly all the sob story she was telling about her childhood was nothing but one lie after another. What new version are we going to be fed?

haha.....

this cracks me up....who falls for her crap? seriously? i'm gay, i'm not gay, i'm a stripper, I'm not a stripper, i want to be on tv, leave me alone.....she seems to have everyones number....so clearly it is working for her.....and then...changes her mind......not sure if she is really smart or really stupid...one thing for sure....she is really annoying....and i will be glad when you stop talking about her as i don't think of her as news...or even gossip....like all reality people.....they are not interesting.....and as soon as you stop they really will go away......(stop feeding the feral animals they stop coming around).....honestly....she is not even gossip worthy.......

dianne

I hope she's sincere, 'cuz her daughters are the ones that are going to suffer the most. She needs to put them first, and not herself.

Sue

Bullsh*t Danielle !!!

You've just changed your mind cause of all the negitive press your getting for becoming
a stripper and raising 2 teen age girls. I hope your ex gets custody of them !!

And, you just want to extend your reality status so Dr. Drew invites you on Celebrity
Rehab. YOUR NOT FOOLING ANYONE, BIMBO

the Seeker

WatcherOne 42 minutes ago

======================================-----------------------------------------
He is the only Doc who pays his patients/clients tens of thousands of $$$ to treat / "FIX" them.

I think (mr. start-up) Micheal Lohan and this trick have done a little PR job of product placement @scores and turned that into an child abuse sympathy trip on dear old Dr. Blew.

She is angling and pandering for a spot on his (casting) couch or Dr. Sophy's couch during the next installment of celebrity rehab.

Didn't Staub lie about her past and fabricate some 'gangsta shizz'?

For the love of G_D Micheal don't do it bro !!

JBDragon

Who is this Ugly person?????

Anya

This creature has no regard whatsoever for her children and what they must be going through due to her crazy antics. I say get them the psychiatric help and to hell with her!

haha

Do your daughter a favor KILL YOURSELF!

nyc44th

I don't watch reality shows (I don't even watch network tv) . . As long as people watch and support this c r a p (reality tv). . there are going to be more and more like her. People seeking their 15 minutes of fame so desperately, they are willing to do anything to get it. It's ridiculous what some people will do for attention. Fake t i t s / plastic surgery / buying cars they can't afford etc etc. Pretty vapid people.

random

Oh please! I agree! What woman at this age goes to all of these extremes in the public eye and a day later says she needs help?

She needs the money.....if Dr. Drew does help her not, he should make her sign a clause that the money goes straight to her daughters for their legit emotional and mental care they are going to be needing for a very long time!

She has done way too much in the public eye (oops did that all get leaked SOMEHOW?) after RHONJ to now admit she needs help.

I would so LOVE her birth mother and whoever raised her come forward right now and crush her with all her BS lies.

I pray that the girls Dad has already stepped in and removed these poor precious angels that have been subjected this woman.

Barbara A.

Well I knew some excuse was come out of her mouth. Dr. Drew stay clear of this train wreck. She wants Dr. Drews help, as another reason to get a check without having to go to work. She wants to try to pull the sympathy card, because she has realized, the public can see through her and realize she's worthless. I was sexually assulted as a child, I have low self esteem, always, always her actions are someone elses fault. I guess that low self esteem, cvaused you to call Danny and have him bring a gun to a dinner meeting. Grow up, take responsibility for your own actions.

Draco