« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Slim Jim -- Macho Man Snapped Into Our Hearts

5/20/2011 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The people at Slim Jim are "saddened" by the loss of their most famous spokesperson, Randy "Macho Man" Savage ... and have issued a statement to TMZ honoring his memory.

0520_slim_jim_randy_savage_ex

A rep for the snack tells TMZ, "We’re saddened by the loss. Randy was a beloved ambassador for the Slim Jim brand for many years and will be greatly missed."

The rep adds, "Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

kiernan7

Maybe all those nitrates in the Slim Jim are what caused the heart attack his brother says probably caused the accident.

"Slim Jims... when cat food just won't do."

Violette-Blue

RIP Macho Man!! Loved you in the WWE. You & Miss Elizabeth were the best couple in wrestling for a long time. At least now you are both together. My deepest condolences to your family & friends.
I hope Vince McMahon will induct you into the Wrestling Hall Of Fame for next year. Both you & Elizabeth deserve it for what you have done for wrestling and the WWE.

Roberto4583

CyndiChainsaW

Roberto4583-
You spelled Randy wrong on facebook.
I'm just sayin'

Michelle

I haven't watched wrestling in years but he was one of the best and will truly be missed. RIP Macho Man!

Lauri

The Saying will always stay strong " Slap into a SlimJim"....
R.I.P Randy Macho Man Savage

stephanie mckay

my family grew up watching the WWF, we are very sad at the loss of 1 of the greatest wrestlers of all time MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE!!!:( U WILL BE MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN....

If sense were common everyone would have it.

SNAP into a Slim Jiiimmm!!!!

God-Of-Lyf

May 20th National Slim Jim Day! It didn't matter if he was a baby face or heel, His career has left an impact on everyone who saw him wrestle. I watched him back when he was doing independent promotions in the south way before he madeg it big, And he was just as entertaining then as the last time I saw him. He will be missed by so many people both young, and young at heart. R.I.P. Randy

Kimberley

Wonder if the
-Slim Jims-
had anything to do with his heart attack.
Have you actually read the nutritional facts on those things??
Jeeesh, fat central on a highway to clogged artery heaven.
Poor guy.

Jace

I live about a block away from where the accident took place. There's already a memorial set up on the tree he crashed into, so I stopped by today to take a photo or two. Included are flowers, balloons, cards, photos of Randy and - you guessed it -Slim-Jims. Quite a few people I know saw Randy around town on a regular basis, said he was a really nice, down to earth guy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2