« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Slim Jim -- Macho Man Snapped Into Our Hearts

5/20/2011 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The people at Slim Jim are "saddened" by the loss of their most famous spokesperson, Randy "Macho Man" Savage ... and have issued a statement to TMZ honoring his memory.

0520_slim_jim_randy_savage_ex

A rep for the snack tells TMZ, "We’re saddened by the loss. Randy was a beloved ambassador for the Slim Jim brand for many years and will be greatly missed."

The rep adds, "Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rock Singer

I use to love watching him and the Hulk get into it...great TV.

TMZ dont like me

Tributes keep pouring in. Man, still can't believe he's gone...

Astronut

Wow, a statement by the Slim Jim corporation. THAT'S an exclusive!

NDNchief

I think I will actually go get a Slim Jim today and after every bite say "Oh Yeah!" R.I.P. Randy.

j

This is exactly why you DO NOT say Chuck Norris and then laugh.

Winning DUH

mahco man was the best...i totally loved the guys talent..he was around when i was like 6-8 yrs old (38 now) ...even though he hasnt done a show in a very long time his presence and history was always felt by many....Macho man rest in peace and give elizabeth a kiss chill with crash holly and many many other taken way to soon stars..true stars belong in the heavens above shining on us every night!

CrisDizzle

SNAP IT INTO A SLIM JIM! Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

LocoLoco

I thought Wendy Williams was Slim Jims' biggest spokesperson ;). In all seriousness, though, my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

jpm4444

i dont even know who wendy williams is; dont' know where you got that loco. Slim Jim's sales sky rocketed with Macho Man's endorsement and he made a lot of money from it.

Slim Jim offered him a lifetime contract.

Macho Man was a great guy and one of the greats.

who dat

Slim Jims are garbage. Eat this crap at your own risk.

kerrplunk

RIP Randy

Maverick

Honestly . . . how many Macho Man breaking news posts do we need on TMZ?

The dude is dead.

R.I.P.

Move on TMZ!

Simone

Perhaps this west hollywood MACHO man was going down on a slim jim and that caused the wreck?

I'm sure he'll miss those 12" jimmies!

Nostradamus

Agree with maverick, really liked this guy but TMZ needs to chill with the multi post pattern they started recently. We don't need a half dozen posts about the same story (botox baby, Arnolds love child, and now Macho Man)

Richy818

I guess eating to many of them slim jim is bad for your heart....im just glad atleast the wife and the innocent tree came out ok in all this....ooooooo yeeeeeeaaaaaaa

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments