Maria Shriver Shops for L.A. Condos

5/21/2011 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maria Shriver was quietly looking at pricey L.A. condos back in January ... months before the Arnold Schwarzenegger baby scandal broke ... TMZ has learned.

0520_carlyle_ex

What's especially interesting about this ... it looks like Arnold told Maria about Mildred Patty Baena immediately after he left the governor's office on January 3.

Sources say Maria and her broker looked at a condo at The Carlyle on Wilshire, a pricey condo building near UCLA.  Among the residents -- Bruce Willis, Sofia Vergara, Paul Anka, Donna Summer and Matt Kemp.

Our sources say Maria didn't like the units.  We're told she looked at several penthouse units, which are priced between $10 - $14 million (they rent out for around $30,000 a month).  She also looked at a few 3-bedroom condos, which were listed between $4 - $7 million (they rent out at around $17,000 a month).

We're told Maria felt the building was too exposed to the paparazzi.

Maria is still on the hunt for a place.

PhillipP

There are two sides to every story and I feel sorry for Arnold. Maria Shriver has always struck me a s a cold fish. She only cares about herself, remember when she was not following the law and driving while on her cell phone and parking in no parking areas so she could get a coffee. Remember how she caused the networks not to show the Kennedy miniseries because it made the family look like a bunch of jerks. She is getting everything she deserves.

sam

Arnold had time to get ahead of this story and write some HUGE CHECKS because their are more women and children out their.

Not even a PEEP from Gloria Allred and the ONE known ex mistress she represents, she probably has a couple. Allred is an extorter but that is neither here nor there for now.

I do feel Maria was sort of in denial but she shouldn't have defended is skank a@@ so vehemently.

Her lawyer needs to get him for squandering his public "good will"/appeal which is/was a communal marital asset. Just like Mel Gibson's ex did. Laura Wasser is a sharp cookie I am sure Maria will get her half.

Ahnold is a gross LYING PIG, so glad his reputation is SHOT!!!

gretchen

Sonya in TX, true she deserves the Brentwood house but clearly she doesn't want to be there. Arnold slept with that woman in her bed and likely all over her house. No woman would want to stay there.

Frankly, I hope she does NOT STAY WITH THAT PIG.
They can divorce and amicably coparent. If she forgives him it is A HORRIBLE EXAMPLE FOR HER DAUGHTER AND she will lose any credibility as a spokesperson for women's empowerment.

mark

Hye friend.. nice blog.. you can earning money on your blog visit my blog.. http://how-to-makemoney-from-blog.blogspot.com

MoonDust

Why does TMZ keep on saying that HE was the one who told her, when in reality MARIA was the one who confronted the housekeeper and then Arnold. He did not just confessed out guilt, he got caught which is a big difference.

JLB

Arnold was still sporting his wedding band when the media tried to get a word from him when he was leaving his offices post fall out of course. I think that was earlier this week or last last week. My guess is that he is still trying to get her back but I think the more Maria learns about this affair the more she will be ready to pull the divorce trigger. It seems that alot of the details of the relationship are coming from Patty's friends which could mean Patty is rubbing salt in an already festering wound via her friends. I personally don't think it was any accident that the media got their hands on this story. This is so damn messy. I wish Maria and the kids the best of luck....hope they can find some peace.

mannequin

I just cannot understand why someone, anyone, would need such lavish accommodations. People are dying, people are starving to death and then there are those that feel they need such homes and lavish lifestyles. Do they feel any compassion or guilt, I wonder?

Susie-Q

I think "Lisa" has hit the nail on the head! I think Maria knew back in Jan. and she and Arnold have moved past it. Who knows she may have known even longer but was waiting for the timing to be right per her parents. It was said they have been living seperately for quite some time. I do not defend Arnold but she always wanted a name for herself--she should have spent more time in the bed, in the a.m. then rushing off to work, and the maid would not have been there!! Many woman makde that mistake, but Arnold is still a shank!! He has always been a womanizer. as my Mother use to say "A leopard never changes his spots." (something like that hehe.

Meanie

@ Moondust. Men rarely confess out of guilt.

Susie-Q

Mannequin, I know it is hard to understand but they feel that in order to feel good in life they should live a "life of service." I saw this from Maria herself, those were her words. the Kennedys leave behind that legacy so they feel. Maybe we do not see this, but in spite of there wealth they seem to feel they have done so always fighting for the underhanded, the down trodden etc. Have they? I am not a politically informed person so I cannot really say but I have heard such comments from them. ON a much smaller scale do we feel guilty if we buy a latte or starbucks coffee? There will always be those who have more, and some who have less then others. It is just how life is---I do see your point though. I am sure they give to charities etc.

char

I don't blame Maria for what Arnold did. People with money and power think they are entitled to whatever they want when they want it. Arnold couldn't wait that he had to bang the hired help in his and Maria's bed. I think though that Maria probably has known about the child for some time now. Saw a picture of him and he is the exact image of Arnold especially around the mouth with the teeth which is very distintive of Arnold. I also on TV saw a picture taken of Maria,her mother Eunice,and the maid when Arnold was giving a speech having won the election for GOV. all standing together clapping,smiling,etc at his speech. Don;t know how many maids or hired help get invited to these type of functions with their employers. The more we learn it gets curiouser and curiouser.

HH

Maria,

Kick his sorry cheatin' ass out of the house and stay there. Your kids don't want to live in a condo.....

Ann

tete990, yaowu and lassdd: NO ONE WANTS TO BUY YOUR CRAPPY STUFF. Quit using TMZ and other blogs to sell your SH*T. Get a real job. Have some respect for yourself...disgusting....

dd

I wouldn't want that house any longer either, I'm sure he'll buy her out. God knows what him and that prostitution whore did in that house. SUPER YUK!

Jmac

Have a room here with a cheap monthly rent,It's a share but I'm sure Gramps wont mind....I'll check....Hey Gramps!!