« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oscar De La Hoya

In Rehab

5/21/2011 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya has entered rehab ... TMZ has learned.

0521_oscar_de_la_hoya_EX
We're told De La Hoya is seeking treatment for a substance abuse problem and checked into a California-area facility within the last few weeks.

De La Hoya has posted a flurry of very introspective tweets in the past few days, including, "Take a deep breathe and let out all that anger that makes you hate. it really is going to be o.k." and "Stop finding excuses not to live. life is controlled by what you make of it and not of what it makes of you."

De La Hoya retired back in 2009. He had a career record of 39-6, held several championship belts, and won an Olympic Gold Medal back in 1992.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mrtoso36

i,m not surprise about all this ...Oscar going thru mental counselling for sex change afte rgot beatin by Pacman

master of news

De La Hoya, who is married to Puerto Rican pop star Millie Corretjer, is in the U.S. still has a ground magnetic and earned during his career fairs, which were measured only Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis. On 14 April 2009, the "Golden Boy"the end of his active boxing career known.
Oscar de la Hoya in rehabilitation
why? here Oscar de la Hoya

watson

Hope Oscar de la recover. I'll keep him in our prayers

AlioRod

Extremely disappointing news from someone I thought would be a good role model for children. Utterly dissapointing Oscar!

carlos galvan

Real Men admit there weakness and downfalls.I got your back oscar
what ever is on your plated u will surpass.God Bless!!

luismedina

OSCAR I SEE IN YOUR FACE THAT YOU GOING TO MAKE IT FOR LONG TURN IAM A EXPERT IN PEOPLE WHO USE DRUG BECAUSE I USE TO BE A DRUG ADICT IAM CLEAN FOR 41 YEARS AND I HELP PEOPLE TO STOP USING IT I HELP ABOUT 75 PEOPLE WISH STILL CLEAN BECAUSE WHEN YOU ARE A ROLE MODEL LIKE MY SELF YOU HAVE TO DIED BEING A ROLE MODEL AND THEY WILL FOLLOW UP LIKE A ROLE MODEL AND THEY WILL HELP OTHERS.

patti gibbs

oscar, i am such a fan of yours and always will be..especially now since you need your family and friends and us fans. i am in full support of you. i'm proud of you taking this problem by the horns and dealing with it. you will be fine, place your trust in GOD! we are not perfect and all make mistakes. you are a good man. my thoughts and prayers are with you. and i will always be your devoted fan. please take care of yourself. prayers go out to your wife and children too. much love and support to you oscar!!!always patti, cincinnati ohio

Bert

Be strong u r better then that.We all f... up.

ROBERT

HEY OSCAR,,WHAT HAPPENED ?? IF THATS WHAT IT TAKES TO PLEASE YOUR FRIENDS,AND 'FOOL' YOUR SELF,,THOSE ARE NOT TRUE FRIENDS,,IF YOU CAN'T BE YOUR SELF AROUND THOSE SO CALLED '' FRIENDS '',THEN YOU LOST THAT ' ROUND ',HOMY, BE YOUR SELF,BE WHAT YOUR MOM(BLESS HER SOUL),AND GOD RAISED YOU UP TO BE,,AN INSPIRATION,AND MENTOR TO THOSE THAT support you through thick an thin,,remember,,''YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOWER YOURSELF TO THEIR LEVEL, TO BRING THEM UP TO YOURS,,WILL PRAY FOR SPEEDY RECOVERY,,GOD BLESS,,DON'T GIVE UP THERE IS ALWAYS '' H O P E .''

BOIEMACHO

Oscar is one of the PED's user accuser of Pacman. I do not feel sorry for him. He is not only a hypocrite but he damaged the reputation of Pacquiao.

Pacriods

man i jacked up OSDL *injects steriods in right ass cheek*

lori

I have watched Oscar forever everyone has a flaw others go to the extreme while others finally achieve sobriety. Oscar come to SW colorado for RnR the lime light is a thing of the past you need to live in a country setting with real working people that care & treat you as you as you not a celebrity you are lucky you can admit your flaw but now you need to be clean & work on helping your kids by being their dad that takes them to games to camp to just read a book with them like I offered above our home is here in SW Colorado for you to visit & relax.. I pray you come thru this soon my daughters & family always give me a hard time cause I have always said you are my boy when your mother passed away I prayed for your family I continue to pray for you, you are a great person get back on track now you should know who your REAL friends are cause that is what you need FAMILY and true friends. Oscar la vida es lo que tu tienes pa vivid...

steven muldow

It is what it is. No ones bigger than that man call DOPE he will put you on your ass sooner are later!

HOBO

Only reason why De La Hoya was successful in boxing was because he was on performance enhancing drugs, just like Muhammad Ali was.

el lobito

oscar aparantly did non live thru the crack epidemic for that is the clearest reason why you should say no to drugs.not also unless he wants to identify with these trendy girls , paris,britney and the like.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments