« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Joakim Noah Apologizes for Gay Slur

5/23/2011 4:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joakim Noah was quick to apologize for screaming a homophobic slur at a fan during last night's NBA playoff game.

0523_joakim_noah_getty_bn
Speaking to reporters in the locker room, Noah said, "I apologize. The fan said something to me that I thought was disrespectful, and I got caught up in the moment, and I said some things that I shouldn't have said. I was frustrated and I don't mean no disrespect to anybody. I just got caught up."

Noah said he expects to be fined for the comment (Kobe Bryant was fined $100,000 for a similar incident) but so far no word from the NBA.

Noah was caught on camera screaming at a fan by the bench and capped it off by yelling, "F**k you, f**got."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Di Nozzo

oops feild should be field. Dang dyslexia.

Shastafarian

Move the fans off the court side...
everyone wants to punish the player... how about we punish the fans... get them back 20-30 feet....

Chaz

I agree 100% "WHO CARES"

Make it stop

Give me a break people...grow some thicker skin!!! Go for reverse sensitive training....something!!! Why is it in todays day and age every time someone is "offended" the rest of the world has to hear about it and suffer.

Sonja

These guys make hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions being professional athletes all thanks to fans who buy tickets, watch the games and buy merchandise,... you can't keep your damn comments to yourself? You really need to yell back at a fan like a 12yr old? No sympathy for these athletes lately who are getting caught being total ****s. The fans might yell during games but you guys are the 'professionals' you guys are on TV, you guys are being paid the big bucks.. shut up, play and get paid already.

stan

Sorry but most jocks are honmophobes. Most jocks deserve to be hit upside the head! Americans worship sports stars and we condem gay people!

Jdiddy

this is so GAYY everybody making a big deal over what. words? come on now people. the best way to get it to go away is just not talk about it. come to think of it idk to many gay people that even get upset at somebody using gay in a different context b/c nobody really gives a damn b/c nobody care if you're gay or not just dnt come barkin up the wrong tree lmao

SJ24

"It takes two seconds to direct security over to have someone told to be quiet or have them removed if they're being profane. If they're not breaking the arena's fan conduct code, then develop a thicker skin."

How about you liberal emotional cripples develop a thicker skin? Who was hurt by his comments, a hypersensitive lip reader who could actually make out what he "said"? It's not like he unleashed anti-gay slurs during an interview. Why should he apologize, and to who? He doesn't owe an apology to the heckler he was trash talking with in the first place, much less you PC nut jobs who he wasn't addressing at all. In the real world people have their own personal prejudices, beliefs, and temperaments, accept that or take your anti-reality inhibiting drugs that your shrink prescribed you, and STFU!

Jake

No need to apologize for this incident. Could be the truth, so why all the fuss?
After all, Obama get by with insulting our intelligence every day and no one worries about that!

cokie

Speaking to reporters in the locker room, Noah said, "I apologize. http://www.nikesbsale.com

LOVETOLOL

Smh.... whats the big deal

Jay

Wow, this is ridiculous. Who cares if he yelled that? I bet 80% of the population (which excludes homosexuals and the hipsters that espouse political correctness) use that that phrase when they are angry. It isn't a big deal unless they would systematically discriminate against a homosexual which I doubt they would. Get a life people.

don

Noah is gay looking with his stupid and repetitive moves on the court. Run up, bump someone and do a stupid move after that. Over and over again.

LSUFAN

Many of you are correct. No one should have to apologize for derogatory slurs. Free speech, and all that. But I am humored that an individual that would not tolerate being called a n*%%#r seems to be okay with throwing around such a slur. Hypocrisy is about the ugliest thing around. Don Imus says nappy headed hoes and his career is ruined. Vick viciously kills dogs and everybody declares he deserves a second chance. Kobe and Noah spit out gay slurs and everybody feels a fine and apology is good enough. Hypocritical double standard.

Lisa

WHO CARES. I am so sick of these annoying PC people who cry every time someone says something. Stop apologizing for NOTHING people. We can't even joke around anymore, or someone gets offended!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments