Lindsay Lohan: Dying for a Chance at "Carrie" Remake

5/23/2011 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Stephen King mentioned Lindsay Lohan by name as a possible star in a remake of the classic film "Carrie" -- and sources close to Lindsay tell us ... she'd jump at the chance to play the iconic role.

0522_lilo_carrie_tmz_composite_ex
In an interview with EW, Stephen King was quoted as saying, "I’ve heard rumblings about a Carrie remake ... Lindsay Lohan as Carrie White, hmmm. It would certainly be fun to cast."

Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ ... she said she was "stoked" when she heard King mention her name and thinks working with King "would be epic."

We're told Lindsay is a big fan of King's work and, if the opportunity presented itself, she'd love to land a role in the upcoming adaption of his famous book, "The Dark Tower."

Sloane

she be too high risk to hire right now in my mind..if she can prove that she can stay out of trouble, sober & drug free for a minimum of 12 months then I would reconsider if I were casting for a movie

drinking and lying about it while in rehab isn't a good sign

don't care how good an actress she may or may not be- if she is a good one, she is young enough to straighten out and have other good roles come her way and go on to a great career possibly

Nikki

Oh when you go to Global Grind its under entertainment

chico

Nobody is spending any money to see that trainwreck in a movie.

Marilyn

Making a movie is way about her head...

Mind you, I didn't say she's giving head which is just about all she can do!

HMMMM

She won't have time for it, everyone knows she can't manage a year's probation, let alone three. Be sure and let us know how that works out for you, as if you need to be told THAT.

Sammie

Sorry to say this but, wow, is TMZ ever kissing Lindsay's a** these days. Not one mention of her last Sun or the Sun before that out partying at 2 am, witnesses saying she was drinking with the rest of them and Linds grabbing a camera some strangers had and when she couldn't get it away from them, a friend grabbed it and threw it in a pitcher. The card still worked, tho, so there were pictures on Radar and one or two other places. Bad TMZ! supposedly, she actually grabbed the guy's arm. Kiss, kiss, kiss.

Vinsetta

she was stoked and working with him would be epic. Lol. Wonder if she's going to work on knocking out a couple of hours of community service this week.

“I'm not that girl from Freaky Friday any more! I'm a real adult. In fact, I hate children! I hate them all!”

Lindsay Lohan

Jackazz flatts

She should be remaking her image

Vinsetta

@ the black kid was driving.

I think she's done 12 hours of CS.

If you, or anyone saw Lindsay Lohan as the star billing on a movie (ala Carrie) would you plop down 10 bucks to see her? No bleeping way!!! What for Dina to get her grubby hands on? I can't seeing this film being a huge box office draw anyhow.

FlamingoNut

Another remake? Sigh. Wonder if it'll be as bad as "The Shining" remake. Don't mess with a good thing.

Who Farted

She looks very sad and worn out...

Sam

If only she could stay clean. I can't see her making it through the entire filming.

Nikki

This is just like Dina said she was going to star in Superman

Just more Lohan lies, that's all, don't believe it for a minute

Oh just like Dina said she was making a movie with her production company in April

Hahahahaha!

Vinsetta

I don't think even house arrest will go well for her.

All the sudden Stephen King's name is mentioned and she's a big fan of his. I doubt it.

Sources close to Lindsay. Too bad TMZ likes to feed Dina every few days but like Sammie said, ZERO mention of her wild last weekend. I mean drunk at a club and broken camera. TMZ would be all over that but Radar got it so they'll just let it go and give us stalker stories. That kind of went by the wayside really quick, per usual with these things.

lou

IT WAS A JOKE!!!! King was remarking that like Carrie, Lohan has a crazy family and could go bonkers. But his suggestion was only in jest.

Sheesh, settle down, Dina and make your own blow money!