« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Macho Man To Be With Beloved Dog For Eternity

5/23/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy "Macho Man" Savage will be cremated and his ashes co-mingled with the ashes of his loyal pooch, Hercules.

0520_macho_man_randy_savage_EX_1

Savage's brother, Lanny Poffo, tells TMZ ... the dog's ashes were spread around Randy's favorite tree several years ago, and after Randy is cremated his ashes will be strewn there as well.

Lanny tells us Randy would always say, "If it's good enough for Herc, it's good enough for me!"

And ... although the Macho Man was one of the most beloved wrestlers of all time, there won't be a public memorial, because he didn't want one.  The service will be small -- for family only.

Randy Savage

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cartman

Randy had a favorite tree and died hitting one. That's irony.

RIP

Majestik

McMahon better have something planned tonight or I'll stop watching Wrestling forever.

Anonymous527496

Haha, I agree with Cartman. And strange that a wrestler would have a favorite tree.

Lola

As rude as it maybe in this time of mourning ....Rofl I really cant stop laughing at the comments Rofl

nanunanu

drugs

Sin D

The more I hear about Mr. Savage...the more I like him. AND remeber to BOYCOT spammers like fdsgfd ...I hear that site has a virus.

Mark Proctor

RIP Macho Man.... & Hercules.

Dave Warner

If he loved a dog that well he was a real person !!

newyorker

What a cool & wonderful dude - to have planned to rest with his beloved dog for eternity. God bless both of them.

Macho Man

I was one of the all-time greats!
Oh Yeah!

jolene

IN MY HOUSE AS A KID WE ONLY WATCHED WHAT MY DAD WANTED TO WATCH AND IN THE 80's WE WATCHED WRESTLING EVERY TIME IT WAS ON I LOVED ALL THE 80's MEN I LOVED RANDY OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THEN WHEN HE DID THE COMMERCIAL FOR SLIM JIMS IN EARLY 2000's HE BECAME THE JIM MAN TO MY SON I'M VERY SADDEN THAT HE IS NO LONGER WITH US ....THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MEMORIES

LittleMo

For anyone with even 1 brain cell, the suddenness of the accident says it was a heart attack. Even the ME's report didn't find injuries serious enough to have caused death and s the Jeep hit a tree head on it was only going 30 miles an hour. For 2 people wearing their seat belts that's not fast enough to cause fatal injury. Even Randy's wife Lynn's injuries were minor.

And for those people who say "the ME didn't find anything" a heart attack can be brought on by things other than previously existing heart disease. A blood clot in another part of the body that travels can cause a heart to stop immediately and that's just one example.

Randy, by all accounts, lived a simple, quiet, clean lifestyle completely free of the drugging and boozing of some of his colleagues. Rick Flair has admitted in interviews to teasing Randy about this. Somebody dying, especially so young, is nothing to laugh about and, though Randy was a stranger to all of us, he deserves a hell of a lot more respect than some of the comments I've seen here are giving him. So if anybody is dumb enough to find something amusing about all of this, keep it to yourself.

DEE

RIP RANDY !! DOES ANYONE KNOW THE BREED OF DOG RANDY LOVED SO MUCH?
WHAT KIND OF DOG WAS HERCULES?

LittleMo

Don't be ignorant people. Randy was only 58 years old and, as I work for a hospital, what killed him was natural causes. The cause of death is a condition called atrial fibrillation where the heart cannot pump blood fast enough to sustain life. It can result in fainting, seizures, or death as it did in Randy's case. It is an entirely plausible cause of death and has nothing whatsoever to do with steroids or any other substance.