« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

SF Giants Fan's Family to Sue Dodgers Over Attack

5/24/2011 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The family of the SF Giants fan who was brutally attacked at Dodger Stadium is gearing up to file a lawsuit  against the Dodgers ... claiming the fam needs roughly $45 to $50 million in order to give Bryan Stow a good quality of life.

0524_bryan_stow_BN_01

According to reports, Stow's family will claim in the lawsuit that it took stadium personnel 15 minutes to respond once they were notified about the attack.

Of course, Stow suffered brain damage at the hands of two attackers -- and is currently listed in critical condition.

Stow's family is not asking for a specific dollar amount in the lawsuit ... but they claim it will take between $45 and $50 MILLION to provide the level of medical care necessary to ensure Stow has a good quality of life.

The suit is expected to be filed sometime today.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dee

Hope the family gets every penny!! The team/stadium/owners, whoever, should pay for the care of this man, AND the care and educations of his children for the rest of their lives!! This man obviously can no longer do that! A complete DISGRACE what happened to this man, at the CITY'S stadium/the TEAM's stadium/the OWNERS'stadium!!! Protect your patrons from THUGS!!! Maybe you could avoid this kind of negative attention and expensive lawsuits!

Monty Gordon

I KNEW this pathetic family was all about the money. LA has been generous with a fund raiser, donations and the the public support that has put murder investigations on the back burner. They want to sue the Dodgers? 50 million dollars? Sick unhuman parasites. They are on life time welfare from now on, and now want to be MILLIONAIRES! No way! That is outlandish. Reading the La Times I became suspicious cause the Stow family leaves comments to the nature of asking for more cash! NO WAY! I want my $300 back that I donated at the stadium out of grief, now it's ANGER!

SweatDog

It is the Dodger's issue in the sense that if you ask someone to pay for a ticket, the cost of the ticket not only insures the entertainment offered, but the ability to do it in a safe manner. I am all for putting a stop to frivolous lawsuits but this is a clear case of not being able to provide a safe environment for the patron. It's no different than the people who were killed/injured in the Rhode Island music club fire back in 2003...

brown dynamite

45-50 Million? Nah, give them roughly 2-5 mil for their hardship plus make the Dodgers pay whatever medical expenses the family has directly to the insurance agency, not the family.

Peoplearejustdumb

I am sure this was not a random attack that lasted long enough for this guy to have brain damage ... Although a life long injury was not in the making ... I am sure an a.s.s kickin is what he probably deserved .

brown dynamite

Friend 6 minutes ago

Hey Kim can you speak English you dumb piece of sh*t. The Dodgers are to blame and I hope they lose the lawsuit. Perhaps just give the team to the Snow family because the Dodgers or McCourt do not have that kind of money. Plus Bryan will do a better job of running the team in a coma then Frank can.

------------

You know you somehow sound even dumber than some of these ignorant post. Attacking someone personally who has a different opinion from yours. Way to class it up.

SweatDog

I will pose a question to this board and try and give a grown up answer... some years back, a escalator malfunctioned at a Colorado Rockies baseball game. In the accident, a women lost part of her leg. She of course sued the escalator manufacturer and the Rockies, who owned the location of the escalator and maintained it and won a huge settlement. Keep in mind both her and Bryan Stow and their families will be dealing with the medical and emotional damage for life. Do you feel that's justified and do you feel there is any difference between maintaining a parking lot and an escalator?

chris

Monty Gordon 7 minutes ago
------------------
Based on your comment here, I doubt you gave ONE dollar let alone 300. To say the family is greedy and money hungry shows just how insensitive you are.

Maybe one day YOU'LL be lucky enough to get YOUR ass kicked and be left for dead. The world would be a better place, I'm SURE of it.

I'd put 20.00 on the fact that YOU are gang-banger yourself. LOSER

Skeep

Oh come on now, I feel super bad for this guy and hope he fully recovers, but let's get real. It's not the Dodgers issue, if you went to a Motley Crue concert with a Madonna t-shirt you would get the same type of situation and end result. Let's take some personal responsibility here folks.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

really feel for the guy...but I must ask...Why does the family think its the Dodgers fault.....It was a random act of violence and the guys that attacked Brian Stowe should be the ones getting sued. This is such a sad day when family wants to blame the team, when it was clearly two jerks that were looking for trouble......This is very frivolous and if I was selected on that Jury...there would be no way I can put the blame on the Stadium or Ball Team. This right here is just plain greed...go sfter the attackers........Seems to me they will sue the person with the most money...not the culprits themselves....Shame on the Stowe Family....

jo

You guys are so stupid that your comments are laughable. Do you know how much it costs for Bryan to be in a hospital room?It's not $1k per day! It's roughly around $30K per day. Keep in mind he had body guards AND the "best" care LA could provide b/c of the negligence of the dodgers stadium. I, a Giants fan, have been going to your sh*thole of a stadium since 04. Do you know how many times I've almost been jumped? 4. Do you know how many friends of mine who have been jumped? Plenty. Oh, your so-called "brothers" also threw hot dogs and popcorn at my friends daughter, WHO IS 4 YEARS F*N OLD!!!!!!!!!!

The family deserves every penny, although I dont think they'll get any of that. For you to blame the family is pathetic. I hope you rot b/c if this was your KID, I'm sure you'd probably do the same. BTW, someone said something about the dodgers took accountability from the get go. Oh, is that right?! Why did it take McCourt over 4 days to apologize and why did it take almost 2 months for the Dodgers organization to donate to the fund when Tom Leykis, baseball players and random people donated.

The dodgers have been and will always be a classless fan base. I've never seen so many dumbsh*ts in my life. You guys ALLOWED this type of behavior for so long and you know it. You know the gang problem at chavez ravine has been here since the early 90's yet you havent said sh*t or stood up for your beliefs. YOU, dodgers fans, are somewhat to blame for this as well.

ACCOUNTABILITY

piper

the dodgers are responsible for keeping people safe. it would be different if this was the first occurance, but there are so many other times people have been hurt.

the family definitely should have all of their medical expenses paid and then some for the nature of the attack. just because they are asking for such an extreme amount doesn't mean they are just trying to get money. sometimes going after them for such a high amount is what it takes for some people to finally take notice and do something about the problem. do you really think that if they went after them for a couple thousand it would have the same effect? if this gets the dodgers to step up and start keeping people safe, then more power to the family.

gibbs

Good---It is a security issue. Everyone should be able to attend a baseball game without fear. Rich owners are willing to take your money, then owner's should protect the people attending the games.The Dodgers need to accept responsibility for matter.

SweatDog

I am trying to be respectful of people's opinion here but there are two things I am having hard time understanding... why are people saying "sue the attackers"? yeah, good luck with that... Also, are people not allowed to feel safe when they go to an event, regardless of the shirt they wear? It doesnt matter what kind or organization the Dodgers are, classy or classless. It's there job to provide a safe environment. if not, let people come in for free and say "do it at your own risk". Thats why the "NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY" sign says Swim at your own risk... becuase the pool owner is saying "you are on your own"

Charlie Sheen's Watch

And people thought this was about compassion for a family member. Please, these people saw money from the get-go.

Looks like they aren't concerned for the safety of others - they are more concerned with making a quick buck off the unfortunate incident to their family member.

Sick people.