« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kyle Busch on Speeding Bust -- 'I Got Carried Away'

5/24/2011 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kyle Busch just issued a sort-of apology for his 128 mph speeding ticket -- chalking up his ridiculous speed to a test drive gone wrong, and the blatantly obvious ... "I got carried away."

0524_Kyle_Busch_GETTY_BN

In his statement Busch says , "I was test driving a new sports car and I got carried away. I went  beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment."

The NASCAR bad boy was driving a Lexus LFA when cops in Troutman, NC pulled him over today ... doing 128 mph in a 45 mph zone. BTW ... the LFA packs about 552 horses!

Busch added, "I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Majestik

Dumba$$, another excuse/half apology for getting caught. How about instead of nothing like this will ever happen again to it should never have happened in the first place. You've just proven you are an irresponsible Fcuktard.

IGuessSo

It's okay, Kyle. I still love you.

Sara

haha good for him. Glad to see you guys put up some NASCAR news. Go #24!!

Billie

Doesn't he get his speeed fix every week? Dumb ASS!

PokerStar

He must be getting tired of beating the other Nascar drivers and took to the street for some competition. Kidding . . . .

That wasn't to bright Kyle, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to see if the car ponied up.

MB

If you or I had done this we would more than likely been arrested but no, not the nascar superstar! He should at the very least have his drivers license suspended for this rediculous offense that endangered the public. This young man is irresponsible. Do you suppose he even considered before getting "carried away" about the young impressionable kids that idolize him at the race track? They want to be just like Kyle. This guy is a horrible roll model and he should prosecuted to the full extent of the law as a example to others that may consider following in his footsteps. Car owner coach Joe Gibbs, Nascar and his sponsor, M&M's should no longer tolerate his childish behavior.

Annemarie mckean

this is less than a mile from my home! I hate you Kyle Busch! my husband rides to work, cycles on this road, you could have killed him and any number of kids or pets!! I F*cking loathe you and I relish the day I tell you to your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROUSCHE/YATES! loser.

static

It's interesting to note he wasn't arrested and I'd guess he was going a lot faster, you get caught going 83 mph over the speed limit if you aren't a famous race driver on race week in Charlotte I can guarantee you'd be arrested.
This is business as usual in this part of the country this is only one case you hear about unless one of these guys kills or injures someone it's usually swept under the rug.

Evan Benz

The #1 comment did not live up to expectations.
I didn't know Guidance Counselors even knew about TMZ.com.

I am me bitchez

He's a douchebag. What do ya expect?

ziggy

They should take his license and not give em back!!!! idiot

Meanie

Whhhhhhhhhhat? Nobody's said: Turn Left yet?

Bridget

Since when does anyone need to issue a public apology for a speeding ticket???

TC

Wonder why the media is not knocking on law enforcement door asking why Kyle Busch was treated any differently than any other person would have been treated? If it had been anyone else they would have been arrested. period

noleftleg

Where I'm from, 128MPH is well past speeding and is reckless endangerment, which is a felony. In CT, he would have been arrested and cuffed at gunpoint and would be thinking about getting soap-on-a-rope.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments