Lauren Alaina May Drop Out of 'American Idol' Finale

5/24/2011 3:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lauren Alaina may not get her shot to be the next "American Idol" because she has lost her voice ...spies on the set tell TMZ ... and it could be the break of a lifetime for Haley Reinhart.

Lauren Alaina Voice

We're told during the rehearsal this afternoon, Lauren -- who has been losing her voice -- was supposed to sing three songs.  She got through the first, struggled through the second and was unable to perform the third.

Our spies say a doctor on the set has ordered Lauren not to sing or speak, but there is a "real possibility" she will not be able to perform on tonight's show.

0524_lauren_vid_launchWe're told if Lauren is unable to perform, producers will reinstate the third place finisher -- Haley Reinhart who will then compete against Scotty McCreery for the title.

Producers are trying to find Haley right now.

LucyCK

Jesus. People REALLY believe every gossip they read/watch on tv nowadays indeed. It's all kinds of disturbing.

JAMES FRANCIS

WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY CAN'T FIND HER I WONDER IF THEY WILL JAMES FIGHT FOR TITLE IF I HAD MY CHOOSE I WHOULD HIM TOO

BS

Bull pucky on this, Idol Idol Idol, you KNOW you are about to put on the most snooze worthy Idol finale ever with the all country and you are stooping to this to get the other half of the country to tune in? I say bull, sorry, still not tuning in to this boring night of ya'lls

JustaGuy

HERE'S THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION.
American Idol realizes they are going to have a pretty boring finale as far as rating go.

With this little "leak" it's absolutely going to bump their ratings up for the evening.

I really wouldnt put it past TMZ to be in on this farse
which every national publication is quickly picking up on.

Haley already is the true American Idol in all of this anyway.

Kay

LOL Drama I think this is all too funny!!!

kaya

If this is true and they bring Haley back, that is completely irresponsible for a show that prides itself on having the people choose their idol. Lauren made it in fair and square, she should have her shot. Not right at all.
Praying she's okay!

McQueen

Haley is terrible. She never should've even made it to the final 12. This is ridiculous

Meanie

This kid HAS talent. She's 16 and isn't a cracked out jiggle dancing whore who needs autotune for every thing that comes out of her mouth. I KNOW what it's like to lose your voice and have to try to sing. God speed Lauren... you have a voice of an angel.

deedeedee

I DO NOT want to hear another note out of Haley's mouth! See has a horrible attitude and didn't even deserve to get as far as she did!

JustaGuy

deedee shut the F up. You have absolutely crap taste in music obviously.

kar

I hope she will be ok. I would hate for them to bring back Haley she has a full of herself attitude. Scotty and Lauren are very humble about where they are now and appreciate everybody!

pepperelf

No!!! What a fake show!! First James Durbin lost out due to a very obvious problem with the voting tabulation. But even then, the people who have been voting VOTED HALEY OUT!!!!! I forsee lawsuits if Haley is brought back in. Better to let Scotty win by default! Get ready!!!

Sonja

What was her 'horrible attitude'?? Having an opinion? I'll take her 'attitude' over little miss 'I don't wanna sing that I'm evil' any day of the week.

JustaGuy

pepper your idiotic logic makes zero sense.
So when James got voted out..it was a voting problem
but when Haley was voted out..its HER problem.

Idiot.

Louise

Medication and give Lauren her opportunity in the spotlight tonight! Even if they have to reschedule. She's worked so hard and deserves that chance. That said I'm hoping Scotty takes it, but would have preferred to see a duel between he and Lauren then bringing back Haley..She just doesn't deserve to come back, she was a sour loser last week. sorry