Willow and Jaden Smith

Mentoring MJ's Kids

5/25/2011 11:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jaden and Willow Smith didn't just bump into MJ's kids on a movie set in L.A. yesterday -- TMZ has learned, it was all set up by Katherine Jackson ... to help nudge her grandchildren in a positive direction.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan2
Sources close to Katherine tell TMZ, she believes the Smith children are prime examples of young success in Hollywood -- both extremely talented and down-to-earth -- and thinks Prince, Paris, and Blanket could learn a lot from them.

According to sources, Katherine wants to surround her grandchildren with role models like Jaden and Willow -- so she set up the meet-and-greet ... and we're told, the kids got along like a house on fire.

Katherine wants Michael's kids to enjoy their childhood -- and is actively encouraging them to become involved in all kinds of activities ... including acting.

janalal4

Phantom of the Opera12 minutes ago

*********************************************

Ahhh.....and all the 'others' just PALE in comparison:) What a great performance & thanks again Phantom. Your vids are ALWAYS worth the watch. Don't care how much contempt a person swears they have for Michael Jackson, you just cannot watch a performance like this & fail to recognize the genius in the choreography & the 'skill' in this mans feet. His dancing came straight from his soul & I believed MJ when he said "it comes from God" as if he was simply created to dance. I'm still amazed every time I watch him do it & sometimes it still seems 'unreal' that he's no longer here.

Ginger

Older MJ kids, am I the only "Flowers In The Attic" wonderer?

janalal4

Ginger11 minutes ago

Older MJ kids, am I the only "Flowers In The Attic" wonderer?
*****************************************************************

Yikes:( Yeah, I can sorta 'see' the macabre comparison. Creepy. All those kids basically had was each other & were unusually close, right? Raised in a rather eccentric environment. I remember MANY YEARS ago reading the book & I'm not sure if they portrayed it in the movie but didn't the oldest two have an 'inappropriate' relationship of sorts or were accused of it by the creepy 'granny' or something? Geez.Could do without THAT 'visual'. lol. I think that was Louise Fletcher, right? She was totally convincing in that movie! Scared ME!

RLDAVIS70

I wouldn't let my kids around Jaden and Willow Smith period. They are disgusting like their parents.

Howard DeVoe

Keep Will's lousy, spoiled kids away from MJ's kids, please!!!

MJ is the Greatest of all

THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MAKES MICHAEL VERY MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO PISSED OFF AT THIS DUMB FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJ is the Greatest of all

"WTF" I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO HAVE YOU BANNED FROM TMZ!

YOU WILL BE BANNED SOON TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eleonora49

Beauty behind a Hidden veil.A Veil soft and Silk with gold Brocade.Never asking, never disobeying, a beauty with a mysterious past, came alive from Aladdin's light....Hair so long, so blackend like a Raven's tail.Beauty so shy, beauty so rare.A pretty Face behind a hidden Veil. A secret,a dream, an untold story. A Beautiful girl came alive from Aladdin's light......

NunYa Business

How can this woman have had so many children and have absolutely no clue on how to raise these kids.............completely clueless!!

nan

maybe jada arranged this introduction....she was on george lopez a while ago saying she thought her son could be the next michael jackson..
not possible of course not only because of mj immense talent but he was a lot more humble even at the peak of his career than the smiths kids ever will be.
i have seen them interviewed and they have such a sense of entitlement and a dismissive manner towards those interviewing them..pretty jaded for some so young..

i hope michaels kids dont pick up the same attitude the smith kids have..mj seems to have gone to great pains to make sure they are articulate, educated and well mannered..cant say the same for the smith kids.

nan

btw phantom...love your video picks :))
have a good night!

Mondia

Smith kids are obnoxious and dumb.

HumanNature

WHATEVER DIRECTION THAT MJ3 TAKE IN LIFE WILL BE OF THEIR OWN CHOOSING!!!!

I HOPE THAT IT IS WISE!!!

BLESS THEIR HEARTS!!!

Rudy

Gee, I wonder who their manager would be if they got into show business? I really hope this is just a one time meeting and nothing more.